Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

What about Loic Remy?

With so many names being touted about, I don''t recall anyone mentioning (apols if they have) Loic Remy?

Unlikely to get games at Chelsea. Also 29 (same as MC) but considerably less money. Could he fit the build?

Has been mentioned in the past

I think he''s a possible target for closer to deadline day - If Chelsea sign another striker then there''s a good chance Remy won''t make their 25-man squad; he may well be a lot more interested in joining us if that happens... Same applies to a few other fringe players at PL clubs, I imagine.

No there''s a player I expect to move to China or Dubai if ever I saw one, he got enough about him to get a big wage move to one of those leagues, I''d be astounded if he would want to move to Norfolk and fight for promotion with us!

Loic Remy is on £75,000 a week! I highly doubt he would fall down to the Championship considering he could do a job for just about any Prem side. I thought Connor Wickham was realistic, but even he is on £60,000. I''m pretty sure our highest earners will be on not much over £30,000. I could be wrong though!

Ok, 75k a week for lets say 46 weeks (assuming he joined towards the end of August and loan ended on June 31st) is 3,450,000 - add in a couple of million for loan fee and we''re looking at 5.5 maybe 6 million all told for a player who would absolutely tear up the Championship. Given that we were seriously discussing paying 14M for McCormack, is that really so unrealistic?!

I don''t actually think loan signing wages are as big a stumbling block as they might initially appear - it''s more about convincing them that we''re a good move. And the best way to do that is to get off to a winning start - If we''re in the top 3 or 4 come the end of the month, we''ll be a very attractive proposition to anyone not making the 25-man PL squads. If we have a slow start and are mid table, it''ll be a lot harder to attract quality players on loan.

[quote user="have my howson it"]Another ridiculous suggestion. That''s number 367 this season[/quote]

Maybe we''re about to make a sensational swoop for Bentenke. Make that 368! Lets hope we snag one of them FFS