Sign in to follow this  
wcorkcanary

CJ..pivotal today?

Only listened to the game and saw hlights but CJ was involved in some nice work around the edge of the box, scored, and played well pre season( apart from that miss). anyone there to see how he did. with todays set up i wouldnt necessarily expect him to be on the end of things. i''d be more interested in his all round play.

answers please , on this forum. Thankyou.

Wasn''t there with the faithful today but by all accounts he played very well by the sounds of it. But then today was a complete team performance. Ruddy perhaps at fault for the Blackburn goal. I dont think there was a pivotal player today but prob best to hear from someone that was there.

Led the line very well - lots of energy and a real handful.

Naismith was exceptional, but in all honesty they played as a team, and every one of them put in a shift and played well. It was hot as well, but they were still getting forward and winning corners in added time.

Top performance, and top day out!

Just got home ! was a team performance of the highest order, CJ Wessi, Naismith and Ja Murphy linked well together and created all sorts of probs, Wes seems really up for it at the moment. We were at opposite end, and thought JR should have done better for their goal, Blackburn were a bit physical at times, but were made to look very ordinary, imo.

In the last 15 mins, Blackburn forced three corners in quick succession, and each corner was met with a good defensive header - by CJ. He wasn''t pivotal, but his all round game and link up play today, including his goal, were excellent.

It was a very good team performance rather than any one individual taking all the honours, but that''s the best I have seen Naismith play in a city shirt, and if he continues in this vein championship defences are going to have a torrid time.