Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Naismith and Wes

Lethal combo. Liverpool, Watford, Blackburn - 12 goals. Have they started together in any other games? Clearly bring the best out of each other or at least Wes brings the best out of Naismith just as he does many of our other players because he always offers an option for a pass.

As well as yesterday went I think eventually Pritchard will come in for Murphy. A 3 of Naismith, Pritchard & Wes behind potentially a new striker is a very exciting prospect. As well as having Jacob, Josh, Canos & Maddison backing them up. That''s why I think Brady will go, and we can use the money we get from his sale to sign a new striker. Hopefully a Kodjia or Assombalonga type.

For some games I agree but in others we will need the pace and width that the Murphys bring to hit teams on the break.

Naismith, Wes and Pritchard is an outstanding trio but I worry that a bit like Arsenal teams may simply crowd out the central areas to stop us so it''s important we can mix it up.

Well yer thats the good thing about having quick wingers who can go on the outside with the Murphys and Canos.

[quote user="Move Klose"]As well as yesterday went I think eventually Pritchard will come in for Murphy. A 3 of Naismith, Pritchard & Wes behind potentially a new striker is a very exciting prospect. As well as having Jacob, Josh, Canos & Maddison backing them up. That''s why I think Brady will go, and we can use the money we get from his sale to sign a new striker. Hopefully a Kodjia or Assombalonga type.[/quote]

Have to disagree with that.  On yesterday''s performance, Jacob will make himself a first choice. Scored one, made one and hit the post.  Pritchard is imo more likely to be vying with Wes and Naismith for a place in the team. We will need all three for the two available positions as the season progresses.