Sign in to follow this  
Sooty57

How galling for our poor neighbours...

After a nice 4-2 home win Ipswich fans must have been wetting themselves at the prospect of being top of the table, even if maybe just for a day, and lauding it over ''them budgies'' up the road.

How upsetting it must have been to be knocked back to 2nd spot on goal difference, made even worse by the fact that it was their nemesis that put them there.

It was said on radio that their new lad who got hatrick, only scored 3? 5? Goals all last season.

He may have shot his bolt too soon. 😀

I don''t like Ipswich, I''ve made that patently obvious in other posts. But how exciting would it be if it was a race between us and them for the title this year and then having a derby in the Prem?

There''s not much to suggest that will be the case, Barnsley could easily struggle and many are tipping Blackburn to be relegated this year, but looking at the table, I think it would make for a hell of a season!

"Barnsley could easily struggle and many are tipping Blackburn to be relegated this year ......."

Agreed.

Both sets of supporters are getting very carried away by their respective opening day results when some circumspect appraisal might be more the order of the day.

I avoid that site (TWTD) when they have good result preferring the schadenfreude route, but I did go there just now to investigate the freak happenings at the ''Loo yesterday.

They think they''ve found a wonderkid already, but perhaps their enthusiasm might well be premature, as usual. The player''s previous goal-scoring, and indeed record out on loan, very much suggest that he might just have had the run of the ball yesterday. I hope so, but we''ll see.

Likewise, City were brilliant but we mustn''t forget that Blackburn are very much amongst the relegation possibles this campaign and that this opener might just represent one of the easier away fixtures we will have all season.

You can only win ''em though, but I will have more optimism if we beat Sheffield Wednesday (on Sky) next time out and would settle for a narrower margin.

A belting confidence boaster nevertheless.

[quote user="Ricky Spanish"]But how exciting would it be if it was a race between us and them for the title this year and then having a derby in the Prem?[/quote]Nooo-WAY!!  Let''s leave them rotting where they are.