Wes does seem to be getting better with age. He seems to be more positive and prepared to have a go himself rather than play around trying to play someone else in on goal.

Wes is the best player I''ve seen in a Norwich shirt. His longevity takes him past the likes of Holt, Huckerby, Ashton & Eadie for me.

The last couple of years he''s turned into more of a complete player. Playing in the right areas, and developing a more direct nature. His link up play yesterday was Barcelona like.

I''ve always banged on about the importance of Wes, despite a great deal of critism. I feel like he keeps proving me right. Every season now could be his last, despite how fresh he looks, so enjoy him!

The fact he''s never won POS is a travesty.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]longevity cant be the only mark of a player?

Daryl Sutch played 350 games and was here for 10 years !!?!

Wes has been and still is a great servant......but come on...better than Huckerby or Eadie??[/quote]

Obviously longevity is the only mark, but over the players mentioned it tips the scales in favour of Hoolahan for me. Ashton Eadie, immensely talented, but relatively short lived.

How many points has he won us over the years? A shed load!

No player is immune from criticism, Wes is the same and he has deserved some of the criticism over the years, but he has responded to that in the best way - on the pitch.   He still missed a few simple looking passes yesterday, but had more than enough quality to put Blackburn to the sword.  As said though, he is getting better and better each season - and it''s no coincidence that the squad is getting stronger each season too.  The better players he has around him, the better he is going to look.  The midfield is finally looking as awesome in reality as it looks on paper.  Long may it continue!

I think he is possibly the best ''signing'' of the season. Delighted he stayed and we are seeing the best of him. As for Huckerby and Eadie. Wes behind Huckerby (but not far) but a good way ahead of Eadie. Hoolihan is one of the best signings we have ever had and I agree with the poster above about POS. Perhaps this year is it and he will go on to notching 10 or 12 goals passing his 50th for us.

[quote user="The gut"]Without any shadow of doubt Wes is better than Eadie. No comparison at all in my opinion.[/quote]What an odd comparison.As a pacy striker/left winger, Eadie clearly has the edge IMHO, but in Wes'' more central position and in regards to technique and vision, then Wes is far ahead.Both in the same team would have been lethal though (especially if we add Hucks into the mix)!

in the 96/97 season, Eadie played centrally just behind the striker with Keith O''Neill on the left and it was his best ever season for us scoring 16 odd goals......which earnt him a call up to the full England squad for Le Tournoi at the end of that season....

sorry, Hoolahan''s been a good player....but its not all been a bed of roses for him during his time here, theres been a few relegations alonmg the way too, including a trip to League One.

people''s memories must have faded......nowhere near Huckerby or Eadie....

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]in the 96/97 season, Eadie played centrally just behind the striker with Keith O''Neill on the left and it was his best ever season for us scoring 16 odd goals......which earnt him a call up to the full England squad for Le Tournoi at the end of that season....

sorry, Hoolahan''s been a good player....but its not all been a bed of roses for him during his time here, theres been a few relegations alonmg the way too, including a trip to League One.

people''s memories must have faded......nowhere near Huckerby or Eadie....[/quote]

Are you suggesting Hoolahan is not all that because he''s been part of relegated teams? Very odd thing to imply.

All but one of hoolahans relegations have been from the premier league, and he has as many promotions.

Huckerby - relegated with us from the premier league

Eadie - relegated with us from the premier league

Ashton - relegated with us from the premier league

No one has faded memories. Hoolahan has been part of a couple of shocking Norwich sides, butt always stood out. Relegation to league one coincided with a poor run of form following an injury to Hoolahan.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]Are you suggesting Hoolahan is not all that because he''s been part of relegated teams?[/quote]The fact that he''s played well in all three divisions he''s been involved with speaks well for him. How many of today''s Premiership prima donna''s could survive a season against burly third division defenders. He''s been successful at every level he''s played at including internationals and that is a credit to him. Always been underrated by many City fans. Lee Croft POTS? Pah!!  There ain''t no justice. [8o|]

....no, I''m suggesting that just because Hoolahan has been here longer than the others you mention, shouldnt immediately elevate him above those.....as I said , there''s been some barren times whilst he''s been here too, not just for us as a club but for him individually aswell.

the faded memory remark was more down to whether people rememeber exactly how good Eadie and Huckerby were (or in Eadie''s case, if they''re even old enough to rememeber?).....these were two the most most electric players i''ve seen in a yellow shirt in my 37 years of going to carrow road. ....when they were at their best....Hoolahan doesnt even compare.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]....no, I''m suggesting that just because Hoolahan has been here longer than the others you mention, shouldnt immediately elevate him above those.....as I said , there''s been some barren times whilst he''s been here too, not just for us as a club but for him individually aswell.

the faded memory remark was more down to whether people rememeber exactly how good Eadie and Huckerby were (or in Eadie''s case, if they''re even old enough to rememeber?).....these were two the most most electric players i''ve seen in a yellow shirt in my 37 years of going to carrow road. ....when they were at their best....Hoolahan doesnt even compare.[/quote]

Sorry, but to say a player as talented as Hoolahan doesn''t even compare is a pretty senseless comment. They''re different players granted, but Hoolahan has had as much positive impact on our results and performances as Hucks & Eadie did, plus he''s done it for longer.

The difference is his influence goes a little unnoticed when compared to players with raw pace. I think it''s too hard to say who''s better than who etc etc, but like it or not Hoolahan is up in same bracket.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="lincoln canary"]Are you suggesting Hoolahan is not all that because he''s been part of relegated teams?[/quote]The fact that he''s played well in all three divisions he''s been involved with speaks well for him. How many of today''s Premiership prima donna''s could survive a season against burly third division defenders. He''s been successful at every level he''s played at including internationals and that is a credit to him. Always been underrated by many City fans. Lee Croft POTS? Pah!!  There ain''t no justice. [8o|][/quote]

Good point. Never ever once winged about it either, just got on and did his thing.

The Villa fiasco a couple of years ago was merely down to Hughton not playing him. He''s a player who loves his football and genuinely wants to play every game. He''s the complete opposite to the modern day mercenaries. Brady, please take note......

excuse me?......its not a "senseless" comment at all, its my opinion, who are you to tell me otherwise?

you entered this debate by saying "Hoolahan is the best player I''ve seen in a Norwich shirt".....better than Huckerby and Eadie , which is your opinion.

mine is that ,when both of them were at their best (and how many bad games did either have?).....they were comfortably better than Hoolahan.....thats my opinion, you can call it senseless if you like.....I havent stooped to call your view any such thing.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]excuse me?......its not a "senseless" comment at all, its my opinion, who are you to tell me otherwise?

you entered this debate by saying "Hoolahan is the best player I''ve seen in a Norwich shirt".....better than Huckerby and Eadie , which is your opinion.

mine is that ,when both of them were at their best (and how many bad games did either have?).....they were comfortably better than Hoolahan.....thats my opinion, you can call it senseless if you like.....I havent stooped to call your view any such thing.[/quote]

Fair enough.

It comes from years of frustration trying to defend Hoolahan as a top player, which he clearly is.

I respect your opinion, but question your understanding of the game which forms your conclusion. That''s what was meant by ''senceless''

I think there is more than enough tangible evidence to suggest Hoolahan is, and has been, as good as Huckerby and Eadie.

But hey, it''s all subjective. No offence meant!

ok...fair enough, but if you''re offering up a player as being the "best " you''ve seen, and someone then questions that....you cant then say that "you cant compare them because theyre different players"?.......best is best ,regardless of what position they play in?

if you were thinking my comments were coming from a standpoint of being a slight against Hoolahan''s talent, then you couldnt be more wrong.

its more from a position of recognition of just how good those players in Huckerby and Eadie were.....

Sorry Lincoln, much as I love Wes he isn''t this uber-loyal footy lover people keep on making him out to be. It''s only q couple of years since he referred to us as a "sh1thouse of a club" to a sky reporter because we wouldn''t sell him to villa then refused to celebrate when he scored against them. Yes he''s been great for us, yes he knuckled down when we went down to lge 1 but he does have his faults that many seem to forget.

There''s been ups and downs but wes hoolahan is a legend and if you don''t think that you''ve got problems!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]longevity cant be the only mark of a player?

Daryl Sutch played 350 games and was here for 10 years !!?!

Wes has been and still is a great servant......but come on...better than Huckerby or Eadie??[/quote]But when Daryl Sutch starting playing, we were top of the Premier League and didn''t look out of place. Had Ron Atkinson lamenting over what might have been, placing in him in the same bracket as Chris Sutton and Ruel Fox.