Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Left back next game

Pinto was left 2 v 1 at the back post so bit harsh to complain about him being easily beaten.

It isn''t a huge surprised Whittaker''s body positioning was wrong as he is naturally right footed and plays right back. I just don''t see how we can play him as a fill in left back for a full 90 minutes without him getting absolutely shredded as all any decent winger will need to do is go at him on the outside.

Anyone but Whittaker. He is a fine attacker player, but he can''t compete with a speedy winger, on either flank. I Olsson and Brady aren''t fit, then either go to a 3-5-4 type of formation or play Tuffolo.

I am also concerned by the way that Pinto was outjumped by Stokes, and how Ruddy was slow to get his body down. We may prove to become a much-feared high scoring team, but until Neil can sort out the fullback problems we are always liable to concede from crosses.

I like the idea of 3-5-4 Salopian. Do you think we''d get away with it? I know Wes etc aren''t the tallest, but surely they wouldn''t get away with hiding behind Cam/Klose all game, the ref would spot them?