Sign in to follow this  
Capt_Canary

Go Get Assombalonga

Let''s go get him, if we sign him we would guarantee to go up if you ask me.

Assombalonga, Pritchard, Canos would be decent business this summer

Two goals today for him, has pace and is only 23 and already proven at this level

Would happy for us to spend up to £12m to get him. Can''t think of anyone in this league who ticks all the boxes like him

season has started. scored two today (would boost fee by probably 2mill) and not a lot of time for Forest to replace him anymore.Not likely or wed  have to pay an absolute fortune.There must be decent strikers out there around the 5-6mill mark.  This however is relying on our scouting network (yep, im worried too), as English league players are insanely over priced.  Two decent 5 mill strikers and we have the makings of a great season.Scandinavia for players who are physical and used to a style of football that well be up against this season?If City fancy hiring then i´m more than willing to scour Mexico for a striker.  Tom Cavendish....put a word in son.And if we are close to promotion in Jan please take a trip to Monterrey and convince Gignac that he shouldnt be pissing about in the Liga Mexicana.  The guy is a beast of a striker and if we are looking for a Holt-esque forward this is the one to go for.  Would make Assonbalonga look like a pub player.

If we were willing to pay upto £12m for MC, then this would be a real investment.

They could always offer Laff into the package as a sweetner so they get a replacement striker???

Read somewhere it was Leigh Griffiths we were after

[quote user="lincoln canary"]He did score two yesterday, but they were both open goal tap ins from a like 2 yards out! Laffs would have bagged them![/quote]

That''s if Laffs would have got himself in the right position to bag them, there''s a skill involved in even a 2 yard tap in.

You beat me to it Barry, Alex made it clear we''re not after him plus the player has already said despite paper talk he wants to stay at Forest so this was a non started.

Im sure we''ll have a striker in very soon

Maybe AN has learnt a lesson after being quite open about McCormack.

Perreira on the other hand, their right back, looked excellent and a real threat. Def a player to watch out for

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"]That''s if Laffs would have got himself in the right position to bag them, there''s a skill involved in even a 2 yard tap in.[/quote]Not according to many of our fans...If you''re not a complete striker, then you may as well f**k off seems to be the view from some tbh...

The team with the strikers who are able to score the most number of goals will occupy the two top places this coming season.

This has always been the case.

It is fanciful to suggest that we can continue to approach the coming season with just Jerome as our main striker (and I totally discount Lafferty in the context of striking ability being available to promotion wannabees) so we therefore desperately need an addition.

The vast majority of those connected with the Club and us typewriting zealots on here see it that way.

Let''s get the business done.

Assombalonga would be terrific. Wells would be slightly more risky, but equally fantastic.

Dont know how many times ive posted it over how many weeks, but im completely baffled by posters on this forum bringing out the same old names time and again, namely Assombalonga and Kodjia, and to a lesser extent Wells. Its like City fans have tunnel vision...oh...because Alex  was interested in McCormack then  we HAVE to get a striker from the Champs. Lets get this straight...and things have not changed this last couple weeks or longer...Assombalonga does not interest or is not on Alexs radar.Kodjia has a massive price tag, and anyway Bristol City will not sell him to a Champs club.Wells has had  minor, not very solid rumours suggesting City may be interested, but zilch to suggest we really are after him.Villa had already  been down the route of looking at Champs strikers so they had to come back in for McCormack.For these reasons ive said a few times, its reasonable then to assume Alex is looking elsewhere. i.e the Prem, the lower divisions, Europe etc.His targets are ones nobody has even identified probably. Lets wait and see, we will know in next 2 or 3 weeks anyway, but please guys. no more posts suggesting Assombalonga or Kodjia lol.

Kyle Lafferty has a bang average club record in terms of goals (even in Scotland). He''s had several clubs and some such as Palermo couldn''t wait to get rid of him. At times he''s unprofessional and embarrassing on Twitter (openly retweeting tweets from fans of other clubs wanting him to join, insulting our fans etc). The manager doesn''t rate him and indeed shipped him out on loan very quickly after he was appointed. His loan spell at Birmingham was average at best and they weren''t interested in making it permanent.

I think there''s better strikers we could bring to the club and I think it''s best for both parties that there''s a parting of the ways.

[quote user="king canary"]@Indy

This is getting a bit weird now...[/quote]Not as weird as you following me from thread to thread to make the virtually same response each time...Just be aware that I''m happily married, and have no interest in developing an internet relationship with someone based around the merits or not of Ricky Van Wolfswinkel, sorry to crush your dreams with this, but it needs to be said.

So im not sure why we don''t sever his contract by mutual consent, so we clear the decks.

It''s crystal clear he''s never going to get a game here

[quote user="Samwam27"]So im not sure why we don''t sever his contract by mutual consent, so we clear the decks.

It''s crystal clear he''s never going to get a game here[/quote]Because ''mutual consent'' means he has to agree to it, and therefore has no club and no salary? I''d be surprised if he''s still here after the window closes, but there''s no sense in letting him go until we have replacements. If Jerome gets injured in training it''s either him or Carlton Morris... or Naismith as a false nine at a push.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="Samwam27"]So im not sure why we don''t sever his contract by mutual consent, so we clear the decks.

It''s crystal clear he''s never going to get a game here[/quote]Because ''mutual consent'' means he has to agree to it, and therefore has no club and no salary? I''d be surprised if he''s still here after the window closes, but there''s no sense in letting him go until we have replacements. If Jerome gets injured in training it''s either him or Carlton Morris... or Naismith as a false nine at a push.[/quote]

Wolf totally agree. I''ve said in several other posts prudence should always mean you get someone in before you sell.