Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Norwich XI vs Colchester today

So, Norwich won 3-0.
Goal from Canos and goal from Andreu.
If we have both of them knocking on the door of that attacking trio, it can only be a good thing!

City XI vs @ColU_Official: McGovern; Godfrey, Martin, Bassong, Brady; Canos, Mulumbu, Thompson, Jo. Murphy; Maddison; Lafferty. #ncfc

[quote user="Move Klose"]City XI vs @ColU_Official: McGovern; Godfrey, Martin, Bassong, Brady; Canos, Mulumbu, Thompson, Jo. Murphy; Maddison; Lafferty. #ncfc[/quote]I can''t see how anyone can think our squad is insufficiently stocked for a real tilt at the top two. Obviously we need at least one more striker (ideally two), but I think our squad has the best balance of any for getting out of this division. Yes Newcastle are very strong on paper, but they don''t have too many players with Championship experience and they have a lot of new signings to bed in.

Great. That means Martin will be starting on Saturday then as he is somehow undroppable when fit, regardless of form.

That 11 would probably easily achieve mid table in the champs if it had a decent striker!

Does anyone know if it was a full strength Colchester side or their reserves as well?

[quote user="kick it off"]Great. That means Martin will be starting on Saturday then as he is somehow undroppable when fit, regardless of form.[/quote]
Well he''s better than Bennett but I suspect Bennett will get to keep his place.

Reading the write up on the front page, Canoe seemed to be involved in each goal, seems he could be a good addition when up to speed.

Canos, obviously. Playing a canoe would be just stupid!

Martin played left back away at leicester last year and had a really good game. I''d prefer a half fit Martin at lb next game than Whittaker who doesn''t seem to have recovered from not playing a whole year yet.

Luckily Wednesday''s right mid is Ross Wallace, who isn''t the quickest and I definitely wouldn''t consider him one of their better players either so we should be okay. Foresteri likes to play down the left as much as he goes through the middle so they''ll be a big onus on Pinto and Bennett to have good games next week.

If we end up playing Whittaker at left back I wouldn''t be at all surprised to see Foresteri line up on the right to try to exploit Whittakers lack of pace, which could be quite brutal to watch

Having watched the SW vs Villa game on Sunday, Forestieri does seem to be their danger man. From what AN has said, there''s a good chance Olsson will be fit and Dorrans as well.