Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

This seasons replica shirts

Just wanted some insight from yourselves really folks, for years I''ve bought the size large but the website is saying the shirts run smaller this year - has anyone bought their usual size and how does it fit? Also what is the difference with the player issue shirts, are they just more tapered around the waist? Or are there any other (even cosmetic) differences? Any help appreciated, thanks 👍

I''m feeling quite smug because I usually buy a small and have again this year without any problems. The home kit was a bit of a tighter squeeze and maybe going a size up might be an idea for some. My advice would be to try on in store or keep your receipt as people have different preferences as to what kind of fit they like their clothing.

Coming up really small - I have lost over a stone in the last year and have gone from an XL to XXXL - really tight round the throat

I normally buy a medium and this year the Large is exactly the same as the usual medium.

Got to laugh haven''t you?First time in ages the clubs seems to decide to cater to the ''larger'' fans, but instead the sizing is all over the shop and in essence it''s almost the same as last year just with different tags attached...Why bother claiming they supply up to 6XL when the 6XL is probably closer to last years 4XL than it ever has been 6XL???

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]Got to laugh haven''t you?First time in ages the clubs seems to decide to cater to the ''larger'' fans, but instead the sizing is all over the shop and in essence it''s almost the same as last year just with different tags attached...Why bother claiming they supply up to 6XL when the 6XL is probably closer to last years 4XL than it ever has been 6XL???[/quote]

I think if more people slipped on a pair of running shoes every once in a while, then this problem wouldn''t exist. Not really fair to blame the club for being over weight.

Errea and their sister company Legia are not the most reliable size wise anyway, i have purchased their stuff for the League academy over here for a number of years, great value, look well and last well too. Quite often we had to issue 13/14 year olds with small or medium adult.

The only solution for us was to get samples of all sizes and try them on the kids.

Have to say that when bought in Bulk(100-120 sets), a full kit, socks, shorts and jersey, to our design cost around £ 15 each. Someone , somewhere is making a shartload of money on them green and yeller fellas.

Initially I got a large away shirt but had to swap for an XL - I''m always a large and never needed an XL top of any sort before in my life. Would like to say it''s because my gym routine has got me hench but more likely Errea''s dodgy sizing! [:P] I tried the home shirt and that''s even smaller, I couldn''t even get the large on!

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Indy_Bones"]Got to laugh haven''t you?First time in ages the clubs seems to decide to cater to the ''larger'' fans, but instead the sizing is all over the shop and in essence it''s almost the same as last year just with different tags attached...Why bother claiming they supply up to 6XL when the 6XL is probably closer to last years 4XL than it ever has been 6XL???[/quote]

I think if more people slipped on a pair of running shoes every once in a while, then this problem wouldn''t exist. Not really fair to blame the club for being over weight.[/quote]

Usual idiotic response. Have you tried on the shirts? Thought not. I have spent the last year training for a boxing match and have lost over 10 kilos, but have still gone up in size with the new shirts. And for you information, I am running/training 6 days a week.

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Indy_Bones"]Got to laugh haven''t you?First time in ages the clubs seems to decide to cater to the ''larger'' fans, but instead the sizing is all over the shop and in essence it''s almost the same as last year just with different tags attached...Why bother claiming they supply up to 6XL when the 6XL is probably closer to last years 4XL than it ever has been 6XL???[/quote]

I think if more people slipped on a pair of running shoes every once in a while, then this problem wouldn''t exist. Not really fair to blame the club for being over weight.[/quote]

Usual idiotic response. Have you tried on the shirts? Thought not. I have spent the last year training for a boxing match and have lost over 10 kilos, but have still gone up in size with the new shirts. And for you information, I am running/training 6 days a week.[/quote]

Training for a fight for a whole year, bloody hell that''s some commitment. Is she unbeaten?

Lincoln canary no-one is ''blaming'' the club for them being overweight but if they wanted to make more money then they should sort their sizing issues out, as you''ll always get some people that are larger.

I usually get away with a medium but needed a large this year. My daughter gets a lady''s medium usually and was fine with that again this year.

Maybe they all vary a bit or the blokes shirts are cut smaller. I tried mine on in the shop before buying to make sure.

Thanks for the replies folks, all much appreciated, and hopefully will all be of use to fellow posters 👍. I won''t be back up in our fine city for a few weeks yet (away game for me first!) so will be ordering over the phone and therefore can''t try them on - will go XL instead of my usual L thanks to your advice. I did notice however that the home and away shirts are actually different measurements for the same respective sizes weirdly (according to the offy site).

Still interested to know if there''s actually any aesthetic differences between the player issue shirts and the usual replicas - has anyone compared them in the shop? Is it a different material or something, or is there anything else that differentiates between them - must be something surely?!.

I actually found there to be big differences in the version of the strip - I''m generally a XL/XXL and I''ve got the new third shirt in XXL which fits ok, but I tried on an XXL home shirt and found it to be far far smaller. I could barely get the thing on.

Try before you buy is my advice!

Couldn''t find a size that looked good on me. I''m normally somewhere between Large and XL and because of that i never order online. The large was way too small around my chest and shoulders while the XL was too loose around my stomach. Not paying for a player fit so I''ll go without again this year. I am a bit of an unusual shape though as I work out exclusively on a rowing machine due to having glass knees and ankles :p So others might be okay

Shame as this is my favourite kit I can remember us playing in.

Don''t understand why the club produces 6xl shirts we shouldn''t encourage these heffers to go the games watching them squeeze through the turnstiles and flop over the seats beside them shouldn''t be allowed

If you want a laugh, I just ordered a shirt with Naismith on (as I like to get a different player each season for posterity of that particular year)... Only to find its all over the gossip pages now that Moyes now wants him at Sunderland - bloody typical, you just know he''ll go!.

Oh Alex !

"If you want a laugh, I just ordered a shirt with Naismith on (as I like to get a different player each season for posterity of that particular year)... Only to find its all over the gossip pages now that Moyes now wants him at Sunderland - bloody typical, you just know he''ll go!. "

That''s why I always like FER ;-)

Have tried to change it Gordon, but could only leave an answerphone message with the retail department - got a feeling it''ll be little too late by the time it gets back to the printing department mate, bit frustrating!

[quote user="The young canary"]Don''t understand why the club produces 6xl shirts we shouldn''t encourage these heffers to go the games watching them squeeze through the turnstiles and flop over the seats beside them shouldn''t be allowed[/quote]I feel sorry for these big old lumps. Isn''t there a fans group out there who can campaign for "Safe Sitting"?There should be a public weighbridge outside the ticket office for these flabby f***ers and tickets charged accordingly. Anyone over say 18 stone should be directed to a reinforced part of the ground ie the River End, where they can lower their hoooge great @rses into double sized seats (hence the higher ticket prices) knowing the stand wasn''t going to collapse around them. This would be particularly beneficial to the people who used to sit besides them as they could claim back the half seat they''ve always paid for but never seen. The seats could incorporate a box where they cold hoard their stash of pies, crisps and chocy bars. Let''s get this party started..........WE WANT SAFE SITTING!! [:D]

[quote user="The young canary"]Don''t understand why the club produces 6xl shirts we shouldn''t encourage these heffers to go the games watching them squeeze through the turnstiles and flop over the seats beside them shouldn''t be allowed[/quote]Big Daddy met Giant Haystacks at Blackburn. Not a pretty sight believe me. [:P]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The young canary"]Don''t understand why the club produces 6xl shirts we shouldn''t encourage these heffers to go the games watching them squeeze through the turnstiles and flop over the seats beside them shouldn''t be allowed[/quote]I feel sorry for these big old lumps. Isn''t there a fans group out there who can campaign for "Safe Sitting"?There should be a public weighbridge outside the ticket office for these flabby f***ers and tickets charged accordingly. Anyone over say 18 stone should be directed to a reinforced part of the ground ie the River End, where they can lower their hoooge great @rses into double sized seats (hence the higher ticket prices) knowing the stand wasn''t going to collapse around them. This would be particularly beneficial to the people who used to sit besides them as they could claim back the half seat they''ve always paid for but never seen. The seats could incorporate a box where they cold hoard their stash of pies, crisps and chocy bars. Let''s get this party started..........WE WANT SAFE SITTING!! [:D][/quote]Set the limit at 20 stone so never mind your Safe Sitting campaign it should be 20 is plenty.