Sign in to follow this  
Crabbycanary3

Martin Olsson

Someone said , on here the other day, that Olsson seemed happy here? Was that through Twitter or something?

West Ham have announced a new Left Back signing, so , as they seemed No 1 rumour destination,

I appreciate that we have a long way to go in this Transfer Window, but that might be one small step in the right direction.

Is it reasonable to suggest that one or two players may have been persuaded to stay, for this Championship season, with a promise of promotion (back pay?) bonuses if we go up?

I p

Here is my theory, for what it''s worth.

Olsson ideally wants to be in the Premier League, while we want him here.

West Ham were the only team with solid interest- hence him and his agent apparently pushing hard to get the move.

We stood firm and West Ham moved on to other targets.

Knowing there is nobody else in the Premier League chasing him he''s decided to settle down and see out the last year of his contract. If we go up he might renew but he might also call it a day and walk. However the fact his squad number has changed, he has featured heavily in pre season and now our first game of the season (unlike Brady) and the lack of chat from his agent suggests that he has realised there is nobody in the division above who wants him now and he''s happy to stick around.

This of course could all change if a teams left back goes down with a season ending injury next week.

I''m pretty sure he said about two weeks ago that he was going to stay and revisit his options come December. I think I''m right but the old memory can play tricks on you!

Mentioned the other day about that tweet Crabby - certainly not the sign of a wantaway player, I''m cautiously optimistic 👍

Apparently Martin Olsson is a West Brom defender...

http://www.squawka.com/news/olsson-i-told-ibrahimovic-he-would-be-perfect-for-man-utd/743851

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]I''m sure it''s a typo. Surely meant Jonas Olsson.[/quote]

That''s some typo Houston.

[quote user="John C"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]I''m sure it''s a typo. Surely meant Jonas Olsson.[/quote]

That''s some typo Houston.[/quote]

Nah mate. Houston is in Texas!

I dont think Jonas was in the summer squad - and the text suggests it was a discussion during the tournament.

It looks like some very tangled wires by a journalist doing a poor job.