Sign in to follow this  
Hackedoff

Forestieri

I see Derby have just bid £7m for him. A player i wouldn''t mind here. But on a serious note where do they keep finding this money?!

Sheffield Wednesday along with Derby would seem to be contenders for promotion this season.

They are no more likely to sell their best players to a rival as Derby would be.

In such cases money doesn''t rule over good sense.

Forest might consider themselves with an outside chance and would therefore put a premium upon Assombalonga, and why shouldn''t they?

Hudders on the other hand seem mid-table which they would probably achieve with or without Hanki Panki Wells sold off at an over inflated price.

£8m is perfectly ridiculous and, IMO more so than £10m+ for McCormack, but if that''s the going rate and we have the money then it has to happen.

Needs must.

If we paid 8 Million for Pritchard then I''d say Derby are bidding in the right ball park. Would be interesting if this happens, it would take Wednesday out of the running for an auto spot but would significantly improve Derby and would probably make them the strongest of the non relegated teams...hmm. With their owners I can see SW putting something daft like a 15 million price tag on his head, so probably won''t happen

I know it was only one game but against Villa Forestieri was the only player who really looked like he had enough about him to turn the game. I''m sure they have hopes of promotion this year so not a chance they would let him go to Derby.

Bid rejected as we all expected.

From Sky Sports:

FORESTIERI BID REJECTED

We understand that Derby have made a £7m bid for Sheffield Wednesday striker Fernando Forestieri.

Saw Forestieri a couple of times when I went to Watford (as they are local to me), decent player but an awful diver/cheat and always going to ground. Always said his best acceleration distance was around 5 to 6 feet as hit the deck at speed.

Loved the Watford fans outrage as Wes’ dive to win a pen when we won 3-0 there a couple of years ago. Forestieri had been doing that for years and we didn’t hear a peep from them about that.

Back on topic - can’t see how he’ll be sold to rival unless a ridiculous bid comes in.