Sign in to follow this  
Disco Dale

Laugh or Cry?

Tremendous entertainment today, but I don''t know whether to laugh or cry at the end of it all. Glad to take a point at the end. Really memorable game though.

Few points for discussion arose from being there.

1. Every time Huckerby took the ball down the left we looked like we would score and everytime Rotherham broke at pace, they looked like they would score.
2. Huckerby could have been a bit better protected, he really frightened them when he ran at them, and the brutally assaulted him on numerous occasions.
3. Should Greeno have had a free kick for the clattering he got from Butler for the Rotherham third?
4. Why did Ronnie Moore run half the length of pitch to get involved with Huckerby at half time? There were certainly punches thrown at half time in the tunnel. The tunnel was a sort of retractable canvas affair and it was really rocking when it went off in the tunnel.
5. The first goal we conceded was very soft, the ball rolled in passed Greeno in slow motion.
6. There was at least one missile thrown from the home terrace at greeno after the Huckerby penalty.
7. Even from the other end of the ground it looked like Huckerby didn''t dive, but would still like to see it on telly.
8. We should have had another penalty in the last 5 minutes for a clear hand ball. Anyone else think the same?

Might be up there in years to come as one of my top 10 City games (won''t beat City 3 - Man U 3 in 1983 though).

OTBC

Ah yes.........City 3 United 3. Louie Donowa''s first goal wasn''t it?

What a game that was. 3-0 down with 20 mins to go and then the great comeback!!

Ahh...the golden days.

nycanary

Yes, halcyon days indeed my friend. Donowa did indeed score the equaliser with I believe his debut goal. The comeback was tremendous.

OTBC