Sign in to follow this  
city-till-i-die

Assombalonga

[quote user="Darth Vadis"]Did we really need another assombalonga thread...[/quote]

Why does it matter? Personally I hate going through old multiple thread posts that have likely gone off topic through bickering or opinion pushing.

This has something of the feel of the Afobe saga about it. Cannot see them selling for anything less than £10m given the McCormack fee and the values being placed on the likes of Kodija and Wells.

It''s going to take at least a McCormack sized fee to prize him away from Forest ... highly unlikely I fear.

Would go nuts if we signed him though! Terrific player.

Has it also passed everyone by that Britt wasn''t in the Forest squad for tonight''s game.... Stopping him from being cup tied.... This may have legs, or at least a transfer for him somewhere.

Fingers crossed that our new dynamic trio of Moxey, Balls and AN can make this happen, think all 3 know where they need to be and what needs to be done and are not afraid to do it, as I said fingers crossed.

Reckon that''s wishful thinking, Seattle. It was the first round of the cup, everyone made changes to their teams.

Britt''s just come back from injury, Saturday saw him play his first competitive 90 minutes since Feb 2015, so they''re not going to risk him in an early round cup match.

Our interest in Assombalonga was denied by a local journalist, but in all fairness that journalist won''t really know what AN has up his sleeve, or who he''s after. Likewise, AN confirming or rejecting a target won''t mean much either as that''s not being dishonest, it''s just part of playing the transfer game isn''t it? We''ll see what happens with this but I don''t believe for a minute Forest wouldn''t sell him if the 💷 was right. I reckon it might have legs anyway...

We would probably have rested players if we had been playing as well so I wouldn''t take it as proof he''s being readied for a transfer.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Darth Vadis"]Did we really need another assombalonga thread...[/quote]

Why does it matter? Personally I hate going through old multiple thread posts that have likely gone off topic through bickering or opinion pushing.[/quote]

Because after about 6 or 7 threads we''ve all agreed that Assombalonga is a terrific player and we''d all love it if he signed for us. We also know it''ll take about 12 million or more to get him.

That basically covers everything. What else is there to talk about? Personally I find it tiresome when people keep repeating the same things over and over again (just in general).

Wanted this man over McCormack from the start, he would be a terrific signing. If the current football market continues the way it is going, a couple of good seasons with us (including promotion) he would be worth upwards of £20mil. I''m really hoping Moxley will be able to bring a better class of players to this club with his negotiation skills. We have everything going for us as a club and should be able to attract high quality, promising players. He''s apparently done it with Pritchard, let''s hope he can do it with Assombolonga! £7m would be a steal, let''s hope not too much of a steal and go in with a price which represents his value in the current market. I would say he is worth around £10m, when you consider he is NFFC''s best player and they would need to replace him. Perhaps they would be interested in Bamford for £3m, all things considered, I don''t want to get my hopes up.

Darragh MacAnthony speaks highly of him........"Nottingham Forest striker Britt Assombalonga has been backed to make a £15million move to the Premier League by Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony.

MacAnthony, who was the chairman at London Road during Assombalonga’s

playing days at Peterborough has remained a fan of the striker, even

after his departure, often taking to social media to praise the frontman

And MacAnthony has taken to Twitter to predict a £15million move to

the Premier League for the Reds striker, if he can continue his fine

form going into the new season.

“Delighted. If he keeps that up it’ll be £15mill move next summer to Prem top club. Out and out goalscorer- Priceless,” he said.

Assombalonga got Nottingham Forest off to a flying start as he fired

two goals in their opening fixture against local rivals Burton Albion on

Saturday, with the Reds winning 4-2."

[quote user="lappinitup"]Darragh MacAnthony speaks highly of him........"Nottingham Forest striker Britt Assombalonga has been backed to make a £15million move to the Premier League by Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony.

MacAnthony, who was the chairman at London Road during Assombalonga’s

playing days at Peterborough has remained a fan of the striker, even

after his departure, often taking to social media to praise the frontman

And MacAnthony has taken to Twitter to predict a £15million move to

the Premier League for the Reds striker, if he can continue his fine

form going into the new season.

“Delighted. If he keeps that up it’ll be £15mill move next summer to Prem top club. Out and out goalscorer- Priceless,” he said.

Assombalonga got Nottingham Forest off to a flying start as he fired

two goals in their opening fixture against local rivals Burton Albion on

Saturday, with the Reds winning 4-2."

[/quote]

Sell on percentage by any chance?

I can only assume Darragh MacAnthony is talking him up for a hefty transfer fee as they possibly have a sell on clause which he''s hoping to cash on in!

Or call me cynical? :P

P.S It was 4-3, not 4-2, why can''t reporters get simple things right?

Wikipedia has a couple of sources stating that his fee going to Forest was up to £8m (subject to appearances etc). He still has at least 3 years left on his contract so I''d expect him to go for something a fair bit higher than £7m, maybe £12m?

[quote user="93vintage"]Wikipedia has a couple of sources stating that his fee going to Forest was up to £8m (subject to appearances etc). He still has at least 3 years left on his contract so I''d expect him to go for something a fair bit higher than £7m, maybe £12m?[/quote]

Maybe thats why the Posh chairman is getting jittery? he''s worried he might not get a cut. I agree though cant see a deal for 7m unless there are cashflow issues.

[quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"]Sell on percentage by any chance?[/quote]Watford get 50%.[/quote]Not of the fee/profit Forest get, only 50% of what Peterborough get

I think Bethnal said that he is very unlikely to be sold in this window due to the potential ownership change at Forest. Bethnal undoubtedly knows his stuff, so I think we are probably looking elsewhere for a new striker or two.

And Peterboro tend to make their money through player sales so, as others have intimated, their chairman is just trying to get a bit extra for the lad by talking him up. I would suggest that the Peterboro chairman ought to spend more time in getting a few more through the gates at London Rd - 5,500 for a city that size is woeful and is why league one is about as high as they could hope for.

if the rumours the club were willing to go to 12- 15 million for mccormack then both assomabalonga and wells are both achievablepreferably assombalonga

even one of them and a loan would be good business