Sign in to follow this  
daisy

Villa

I''m actually going to take my city hat off for a second and say for most of the second half villa dominated, the amount of space down the left they were given was enough to make me feel excited about next weekend.

They didn''t take advantage and then a horrible sliced clearance from the keeper straight to a striker and a tidy finish.

I fully expect us to cause Wednesday some really problems if they invite us on like they did in the second half.

Not impressed by either side. If these are top 6 material God help the rest of them.

[quote user="ricardo"]Not impressed by either side. If these are top 6 material God help the rest of them.[/quote]

👍

Ok, only one game in, but from what I''ve seen its fair to say we''re looking very very good compared to our competitors. Fully expect to dispatch Sheff Weds next Saturday though I know it''ll be a tougher proposition than Blackburn away. Be interesting to see how Weds approach our game - put it this way, I don''t think we''ll be playing for a point though, chance to send out a REAL statement at fortress CR 👍

Of the three that came down, we are the only ones to have a win   listening to talksport they said the popular bet by Newcastle fans was that they would go all season undefeated ! 

The Newcastle fans were so smug, sick of hearing how they claim to have the best squad in the league (I await them to prove it as I couldn''t disagree more - it''s b0llock5), the way their arrogant supporters not only dismissed us but everyone else in the league and talking about a maximum points haul going unbeaten the whole season - it was so satisfying seeing their gutless performance away at Fulham, though I don''t want to take anything away from the Cottagers as I''ve got them as my dark horses this season and think they''ll do well against the odds. Wednesday I suspect can play better than they did today, they have what Newcastle still lack - SPIRIT - but with the squad we''ve got and the backing of our brilliant supporters at a full house Carrow Rd, then no reason why we can''t do the business again. Literally can''t wait for 5:30pm Saturday 👍

Its going to be a tough season-long fight between Ipswich and villa as to who''s the club who thinks they are massive "this is our year" wannabe Liverpool award this year

I saw enough today to believe Wednesday and Villa will be up there.

I can see this league being as tight as ever, especially the top 8-10. I can''t see anyone running away with it. We''ve had a good start, if you can class one game as a start, but I really do think Blackburn will be fighting relegation this year. So let''s not get carried away.

Our record at places like Villa and Newcastle is terrible, we''ll need to sort that out this year.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I saw enough today to believe Wednesday and Villa will be up there.

I can see this league being as tight as ever, especially the top 8-10. I can''t see anyone running away with it. We''ve had a good start, if you can class one game as a start, but I really do think Blackburn will be fighting relegation this year. So let''s not get carried away.

Our record at places like Villa and Newcastle is terrible, we''ll need to sort that out this year.[/quote]
What an absolute joke you are, Lincoln, if you claim to be a Norwich supporter. Do you even stop to think through what you want to express before your fingers start typing?
First of all, you say you''ve seen enough today in one game to believe that Wednesday and Villa will be "up there." I presume you mean challenging for promotion. That''s fine and dandy as an opinion standing alone. However, when you provide input on your own club you tarnish the performance by saying "if you can class one game as a start."
Your overall opinion may, or may not, turn out to be correct but why on earth do you feel the need to dip into the "negative bowl" when the season is one match old and "your team" came out with the best result of the weekend? Just why? Are you in therapy?

I think we should calm it down a bit!

I think making any kind of judgement about the season on one game for any team... ours or anyone else''s is basically pointless. Look at our squad and ability, our performance and yes... things look good. Anyone writing villa or Newcastle off as anything less than top 6 for most of the season is daft. This season is going to be superb, so strap yourself in :)

[quote user="YankeeCanary"][quote user="lincoln canary"]I saw enough today to believe Wednesday and Villa will be up there.

Our record at places like Villa and Newcastle is terrible, we''ll need to sort that out this year.[/quote]
What an absolute joke you are, Lincoln, if you claim to be a Norwich supporter. Do you even stop to think through what you want to express before your fingers start typing?
First of all, you say you''ve seen enough today in one game to believe that Wednesday and Villa will be "up there." I presume you mean challenging for promotion. That''s fine and dandy as an opinion standing alone. However, when you provide input on your own club you tarnish the performance by saying "if you can class one game as a start."
Your overall opinion may, or may not, turn out to be correct but why on earth do you feel the need to dip into the "negative bowl" when the season is one match old and "your team" came out with the best result of the weekend? Just why? Are you in therapy?
[/quote]

Lol.

Not getting carried away is not the same as being negative. Yesterday was a fantastic result. Just because I feel they will be scrapping at the wrong end of the table does not change that.

Whilst we shouldn''t worry about anyone, writing off teams with clearly talented players is naive.

[quote user="nu_matik"]I think we should calm it down a bit!

I think making any kind of judgement about the season on one game for any team... ours or anyone else''s is basically pointless. Look at our squad and ability, our performance and yes... things look good. Anyone writing villa or Newcastle off as anything less than top 6 for most of the season is daft. This season is going to be superb, so strap yourself in :)[/quote]

Be careful, fair to much reasonsed judgement there. That''s classes as negativity...... Yankee, quick, you tell him...... Zzzzzzzzz

It''s everyone''s first game of the season. Nothing !!! Is decided on this.

Always great to start off with 3 points but Newcastle and alike will be strong this season.

All we can do is worry about our own results.

Add a striker or 2 and I think we have a great chance to bounce straight back to the PL.

OTBC

Think Villa, Newcastle, derby, wolves, sheff w and us still have plenty of business left to do. So plenty will change.

[quote user=" Badger"]I enjoyed the moment when McCormack was put clean through but didn''t score! [:)][/quote]

Didn''t look fit and came off with an injury, think we dodged one there ?

[quote user="morty"]Did you get confused Lincoln?

You normally only show up when we lose.[/quote]
[:D]

I work with a Villa fan who must be the most up and down fan I''ve ever met. At the end of last season he was convinced they would be lucky not to have back to back relegation, yet after the takeover he was convinced they''d walk the division.

He''s on holiday so I can''t rub the result in yet but I can''t help but think they will be a mid table team this season.

I''ve always felt that we would have an advantage over Villa and Newcastle in terms of this division not being a culture shock for us and us having greater continuity. Perhaps this weekend was an example of us reaping the benefits of that and in my view it''s important we take advantage of it where we can and steal a march on them. They will at some point (prob quite soon) acclimatise and will both be big threats so if we can get ourselves a little early cushion by making a good start it could prove very important. It is often the case in the championship that a team hits the front early and stays there. Whilst this is very early indeed it would be amazing if it could be us this year.

All I hear from villa and from a lesser extent Newcastle is that they "deserve to be in the top league" whereas I think we as Norwich fans appreciate all too well that you deserve F&£@ all if you don''t work your a&£e off for it.

I think we should have just enough of an air of arrogance around us but the key is a hardworking mentality especially with games coming so quickly.

Te championship is out back garden, it''s our frigging league and we should take the fight to it. I was very pleased we attacked the game early against Blackburn and put a stamp on that game. We will face much tougher matches that''s for sure so let''s do the same thing against Wednesday. We are good enough, let''s make it happen.

One of the most annoying things in football is certain clubs obsession with history. Just because you won some things in the 60''s/70''s or 80''s doesn''t make you special and any more deserving of top flight football now. Villa are one of the absolute worst for this.