Sign in to follow this  
boro bloke

Time for the board to stump up some cash

After last nights shambles and pure embarrasment its time for the board to stump up some cash for some footballers and not half wits

That we have filling the shirts at the moment we need some pride back in the side being realistic thoough who is available to replace worthington names please???

[quote]After last nights shambles and pure embarrasment its time for the board to stump up some cash for some footballers and not half wits That we have filling the shirts at the moment we need some pride b...[/quote]

I disagree - why throw good money after bad?  We do need midfielders of class and distinction but I would not sanction more spend now.   

Worthy has had the cash to spend and has used it poorly this summer.  he has built his squad - he needs to use it more effectively. 

OTBC 

Agree with zipper

Worthy has had plenty of money, he was given money and bought Deano,  a bit of a coup, but all the poor lad is doing now is getting more and more disillusioned with every game, he is a class act, he really is and it is painful watching him play, last night he spent a great deal of time in midfield, cos he was getting no service - we desperately need someone with some coaching and tactical awareness, we need someone to question why we have so many unexplained training related injuries.

I can understand why the board may not free up cash in the new year. With a manger they must increasingly be questioning they are likely to save their cash for a rebuilding budget come the close season. Sadly it seems a season in which we started with optimism may be unravelling before our very eyes.

Whilst I''m an advocate for living within our means I think we need to spend cash now, either on our midfield or on paying out Worthingtons contract.

We don''t need any new players except for some extra cover in midfield. Notwithstanding the injuries we have a good squad and if they functioned properly as a unit then we would storm this league and be up there with Sheff Utd.

This Board has made money available to Worthy in record quantities. I would rather that they made no more available and saved it up for when its really needed such as promotion or, perish the thought, the other way out of this league.