Sign in to follow this  
Stowcanary

Chris Martin

Someone mentioned him on Canarycall as a possible target. I quite like this idea, when I''ve seen him play for Derby he seems to have matured into quite a handful for defenders, someone who can link play and finish. I doubt they''d want to sell him to us being a direct rival but it was someone I hadn''t considered. Someone in that mould and another fast striker who can run in behind and I think we''d be pretty much there.

And, YP, you missed a vital and. I wouldn''t mind Martin back, but you''ll get the "he''s so lazy" brigade back out and moaning.

CM is a decent player, not exactly what we need but he is very much in the Grant Holt mould, so i wouldnt rule him out.

For the right price he''d be a useful addition to our attacking lineup.

However I doubt Derby would let him go easy, and tbh I wouldn''t start him over Jerome anyway.

No thanks. Players, and managers, returning to their former club very rarely becomes successful. Flecky and Walker being a case in point.

Yer did read some journo can''t remember who now but think might work for the sun. Saying there might be something in this one.

we need to move forward not back.

we are looking a little too close to home, i suspect most of us wont have much knowledge of the targets we land.

Mind yuo we are now cutting it fine with ANs hopeful wish to get someone in for saturday. But a lot can happen in 72 hours.

Not a bad player but would rather someone either more dynamic or someone who will win pretty much everything in the air (i.e. Assombalonga type or Lambert type)

The aim should be to buy promising players for a low price, and sell for a high price. Buying Chris Martin back from Derby would be doing the extreme opposite.

I''d have him for 7m. Proven in the Championship, still has a couple of years in his ''prime'' and is a player who i think would fit the system quite well.

Not sure why Derby would sell him for that though.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Chris Martin has left the nest and has flourished elsewhere. Getting him back here would imo be a backward step, for him and for us.

[/quote]you mean like Pogba returning to Manure

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="lake district canary"]Chris Martin has left the nest and has flourished elsewhere. Getting him back here would imo be a backward step, for him and for us.[/quote]you mean like Pogba returning to Manure[/quote]

Probably.

The fact he has played for us before is irrelevant.

It''s about the here and now. Is he the best signing we could make?

Exactly.

If he''s good enough, i couldn''t give a damn if he''s played for us before or not, he is good enough. I also wouldn''t care if we paid more than we sold him for, as long as the fee paid is appropriate.

The big question is whether he is good enough though, his record suggests he could be. If he was that good though, I can''t see why Derby would sell him for less than 10m.