Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

James Chester

He would but think money needs spending elsewhere. Money is being kept for the striking department as we are pretty full in the centre half department.

Was superb in the euros but Pulis must believe Mcauely & Olsson are better options 😂.

A bit like Pritchard I question why prem sides are not in for him.

Disagree with most of you- think Chester is very good and would be an upgrade on either Bassong or Bennett. Also can play fullback so gives us a bit of versatility.

Thought we should have gone for him last season and think he will be an upgrade for Villa.

[quote user="king canary"]Disagree with most of you- think Chester is very good and would be an upgrade on either Bassong or Bennett. Also can play fullback so gives us a bit of versatility.

Thought we should have gone for him last season and think he will be an upgrade for Villa.[/quote]

No way is Chester an upgrade on Bennett.

Hopefully he goes to Boro as they are supposedly in for him as well. Not sure i''m bothered about him for £8m, I think with Klose there we have enough. A good run of games and I reckon Bennett can be just as good as Chester. Would be a shame to see Villa strengthened though.

It''s a worry that Villa seem to be targetting their players and getting them.

We, on the other hand, seem to be haggling over players and losing out

Who have we lost out on? Other than one over priced striker can you remind me of the others?

I think he''s decent. Not amazing but I''d be happy to get him.

Would Ryan Bennett have got in the Welsh team at the Euros if he was eligible? No, not a chance.

That''s around what we paid for the far superior Timm Klose. Silly money for an average player.Unless we get rid of 2 I highly doubt we''re in for any central defenders, at least until a striker is here. Perhaps something for winter if we need it?

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]That''s around what we paid for the far superior Timm Klose. Silly money for an average player.Unless we get rid of 2 I highly doubt we''re in for any central defenders, at least until a striker is here. Perhaps something for winter if we need it?[/quote]My only concern would be if Klose gets injured again, we''re back with Bennett, Bassong, Martin and Turner as our four choices. Without Klose our backline doesn''t look nearly as stable...

[quote user="Samwam27"]It''s a worry that Villa seem to be targetting their players and getting them.

We, on the other hand, seem to be haggling over players and losing out[/quote]

lol

Based on where the two clubs are financially Villa are a massive club ( financially ) to us.

Clearly breaking Financial Fair Play but the Football league seem happy to allow clubs to cheat their way out of the Championship. Clubs that play by the book are hugely disadvantaged.

Afobe & MC are two. Give NCFC their due they keep dealings close to their chests, but for all we know we could have lost out on several strikers (because we don''t want to pay the asking price) and it hasn''t been published.

We''re now 42 days into the transfer window and we still haven''t secured a striker despite that being our top priority.

AN did state we''d get a proven striker in. He also said we''ve got to pay the market price. Lets hope that still happens

[quote user="GJP"]I think he''s decent. Not amazing but I''d be happy to get him.

Would Ryan Bennett have got in the Welsh team at the Euros if he was eligible? No, not a chance.[/quote]

Yes, I think if Ryan Benent was eligible he would definitely be part of the Welsh set up, and therefore at the euros.

Some Fans are blind to the ability of their own players. Ryan Bennett is a very good centre half, and one who will improve. Hopefully this year he finally gets a full season at the back and fans will soon appreciate his quality.

I admire your faith Lincoln. I hope you''re right about Bennett but I still have him some way behind Bassong as a footballer and would choose Seb whenever fit.

Alex though, seems to agree with you so far this season. It will be interesting to see what happens when they''re all fit, Martin included.