Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Bamford, 3m

I struggle to picture Bamford in a Wigan shirt - historically not their type of player. Culturally, going from Chelsea to Middlesbrough seemed polar-opposites yet Bamford did it. Wigan also seems an austere place, so maybe he''ll find it attractive...

I agree with other posters who say AN has seen enough to decide that he doesn''t want him. I do wonder if the only reason he came here in January was because we missed out on Afobe and needed another striker to challenge while Jerome and Mbokani weren''t scoring and Lafferty was out on loan. However, he didn''t show enough to replace them, and his capitulation at Palace was the final straw for AN.

Firstly, i doubt Bamford has a sell fee of 3 million, secondly i think if Alex had wanted him he would have been signed well before now. Nearly middle of August, Prem season ended in May, still we have not permanently signed a striker. I never ever expected us to get a striker in for the upcoming games, and said the moment Villa came back in for McCormack Alex should  cut his interest instantly and look elsewhere, but even then, would be very hard to land anyone before the window shuts.Mentions been made of Alex saying he had "other irons in the fire", but what exactly does that mean?, anybodys guess. We have new people at the club since a year or more ago, new Chairman, Chief Exec, some different recruitment staff, yet so far we wait and wait some more for Alex to land his first permanent striker signing since he joined City. Will not surprise me one iota if  come Sept 1st Lafferty is still here, and stays here for the season, out of necessity.

I can only see Bamford flourishing if he''s the main man and very unlikely that he''d be that with us. I think he''s got the attributes to be a very clever goalscorer, but his physicality and attitude are concerns for me.

[quote user="Angry man"]Maybe we are going to do a Spain, and play no fowards, but 6 in midfield 💃💃💃💃[/quote]

And to add to that, and it''s a FACT, Barcelona played very well that way scoring plenty 👍

I hope we add another striker, and am certain we will see an incoming, of course, but I wouldn''t be overly worried going into the season with a forward line of Jerome, Lafferty, both Murphy''s, Naismith - there''s different options there, and anyway, I think the way we''re going to set up will see plenty from our abundance of midfielders that have genuine quality attacking threat in this league.