Sign in to follow this  
dibbler

Bamford, 3m

Even if there are addons dependant on certain outcomes it''d still be worth it. Still young and that''s a good price. Get another more experienced striker too and we''re sorted.

I''m not his biggest fan, he''s like a better version of RVW and I don''t really like that type of striker. But for that price, given his resale value, record for ''Boro and that we''re light up front I''d definitely try and beat Wigan to signing him

If he gets a ''permanent'' Club (i.e not loaned, and in the match day squad) then his demeanour may be different, and we may see a new dimension to him. £3M is cheap

Not for me either. I was at the Palace game where he bottled it entirely. Serious issues with his determination and attitude when things don''t go his way.

We have some excellent attacking options this year. All we need to complete the picture is a second Jerome style hold up player to give him some competition - that''s not Bamford IMO.

Somehow Bamford and Wigan seems a bad fit.

He comes over as a Chelsea boy but I note that he was from the Forest youth and of course he made his name at ''Boro.

He''s been around a lot already. His price tag seems lowered as I believe it was once about £8m.

They seek him here,

They seek him there,

From Carrow Road,

To Wigan Pier.

(Apologies to George Orwell and Ray Davies.)

I wouldn''t want him. He doesn''t seem to be over-prepared to muck in Alex Neil style. He was hopeless at Wembley (although not fit apparently.)

You never know

But do Chelsea value him at 3 mill now?..but i guess a Bamford / Grigg front line  could be tasty for Wigan..but then Mitrovic / Gayle at Toon...McCormack / Gestede at Villa..these  sound good on paper but not an assurance of success.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Not for me either. I was at the Palace game where he bottled it entirely. Serious issues with his determination and attitude when things don''t go his way.

We have some excellent attacking options this year. All we need to complete the picture is a second Jerome style hold up player to give him some competition - that''s not Bamford IMO.[/quote]Agree with this.I saw him at Palace too. He''d slagged them off after his disastrous loan spell there and just wilted in the inevitable barrage of abuse. Too lightweight physically and mentally.

The price was meant to be £10m last season, so I''d be surprised if it dropped to 3, but I guess Chelsea have a different guy in and may want to offload some of their ''surplus''.

As to whether we''d want him, AN had a very good view of his temperament and ability over the second half of the season, so is well placed to decide if Bamford is what we need. It will be interesting to see, as if the price is low and we don''t look then it suggests AN''s opinion isn''t too high.

If we can get him for £3m then we can get both him and Nahki Wells for around £10m with neither being on massive money. In some ways that would be better than just buying 1 Ross McCormack. Would give us all the types of option we need up front.

Do we really want him even if he has available for 3m?

One season wonder?

Between us and Crystal Palace he played 13 goals in the Prem without returning a goal and looked distinctly average playing for us bar one or two good shots.

Right now we don''t need a promising youngster, we need a proven player who can challenge Jerome just like Hooper and Grabban did last time around.

Bamford doesn''t do enough if Wigan are after him then maybe Grigg is on his way out of the club, I just don''t think he really fits into the type of striker we are looking for AN likes the big centre forwards upfront who can hold up the ball and build and link up play, if you don''t have that type of player I think you want the very fast centre forward who could play along side a big man, I just don''t think that Bamford fits into either category so what happens is the same as when we had him on loan and he just doesn''t get to play.

in the champs bamford was as prolific as mccormack and looked the part; he struggled to make an impact in the prem while on loan so would be a wary purchase. His style may suit as an alternative instead of more of the same (given our (dis?) interest in nDoye.

If the figure is correct then he would seem value in an market when values continue to mushroom.

The decision will be based on whether he left any positive impression at all with AN. I will be happy with our choice either way as it will be based on what we saw last season.

I''m not sure £3m is a surprisingly low price for him when you look at what he did last season.

[quote user="Ali K"]I''m not sure £3m is a surprisingly low price for him when you look at what he did last season.[/quote]What did he do last season?No goals for 15 months..............not for me even at £3M.[N]

People forget we are in the Championship where Bamford who is only 22 and still improving is proven as he did with Derby and Middlesbrough.

Yes Premier League he struggled but never had a proper run of games to bed in. Jerome only scored 3 last season yet scored 20 goals in Championship when we went up.

£3m is a bargain - yes please

I would say yes to this because he is English, 22 and has scored at this level before. However, I would also say that he looked like a scared school kid in terms of strength and ability last year. I was at Palace and it was embarrassing.

Risk is probably worth it. Sell Lafferty, buy this guy and loan someone else. I would also look at getting a young striker in from a lower league who is a goalscorer.

Bamford in the Championship with Canos, Wes, Naismith, Pritchard, the Murphys, Jarvis and Maddison taking it in turns in behind him? For £3m? I''d bite their arms off.

He was absolutely hopeless last season, HOWEVER - he is proven at Championship level and he''s certainly no worse an option than the utterly useless Lafferty, with the benefit of being young and potentially turning a massive profit if he does end up playing well this season. At that price we can''t afford not to sign him I think, and get rid of Lafferty to anyone who''ll take him, or cut our losses and give him a free to save wages.

3m does seem good value, however AN has the advantage of seeing him at close quarters and if he doesn''t fancy him even at 3m then it''s probably best to move on.

It''s not fair to judge him on the Wembley match, as he was probably not quite fully fit from his injury, but he hit our bar from distance with Ruddy completely beaten.

Otherwise I would have to say that I am not convinced of his heading ability or his quickness in and around the box to create half chances.

If he was a real Premiership prospect, I think that Chelsea would asking a much higher price.

If its actually true that Bamford is available for 3 mill then i would seriously consider it. The kid need to toughen up, true, there are similarities to winky wolf but Bamford has done it in this division,so........ let Alex decide. i''m not fussed either way.