Sign in to follow this  
Donkey dangler

Laurent Depoitre - Belgian striker

We had an 8m euro bid accepted for the 6'' 4" striker called Laurent Depoitre but he decided to join Porto instead.

https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nl/nieuws/lees/2016-08-09/engelse-club-drong-nog-fel-aan-voor-laurent-depoitre

Translated as:

Laurent Depoitre moved Monday for an amount lower than EUR 8 million from AA Gent to FC Porto.

The Belgian striker was thus not just the most expensive outgoing transfer in the club''s history, despite being an even more splendid bid had ignored.

Depoitre could also include Norwich City . The Canaries even offered more than Porto said Het Nieuwsblad, but the Red Devil eventually opted for a move to the Estádio do Dragão.

Norwich relegated a few months ago, after all, from the Premier League. In a move to the Championship had Depoitre no sense and so the choice went to the big Porto.In late August, immediately hold a double confrontation with Thomas Vermaelen and AS Roma for a place in the Champions League

Would have been an interesting addition, and just what we needed. 1 goal every 3 games for a mid-table club in the Belgian League (Gent), but 27yrs old and a big lump. Something different to what we have. Shame... he now has a 50m Euro release fee at Porto.

Dont think any City fan would expect otherwise than Alex is working hard to find that elusive striker, after all Alex has been here over 18 months now and he has failed to sign a single striker on a permanent so far, so the word elusive becomes more truthful each day that passes.But if this report has any truth to it, it shows the club are, as they have to now, looking outside the Champs for a striker, but also is another of Alexs irons thats been pulled out of the fire. 20 days left, Alex said a striker was the priority and City would get one, maybe two even, but i dont know...I think always the chance a 3rd window will pass and we get no one.

[quote user="Essjayess"]Dont think any City fan would expect otherwise than Alex is working hard to find that elusive striker, after all Alex has been here over 18 months now and he has failed to sign a single striker on a permanent so far, so the word elusive becomes more truthful each day that passes.But if this report has any truth to it, it shows the club are, as they have to now, looking outside the Champs for a striker, but also is another of Alexs irons thats been pulled out of the fire. 20 days left, Alex said a striker was the priority and City would get one, maybe two even, but i dont know...I think always the chance a 3rd window will pass and we get no one.[/quote]

Lol

3rd window with no signings. I must have dreamt we had signed Klose, Brady, Pinto, Naismith, Pritchard, Canos, McGovern and Mbokani on loan.

I think any of them individually would be a star player in any Championship side.

Stop beating the club up with myths.

WBB - I''m not an Essjayess fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I think his/her point was pretty clearly not that we''ve signed no-one at all, but rather the 3rd window may pass without a new striker.

Hi KIO

I am reading it as a 3rd window ie 3 windows. If I have misunderstood I apologise but if it was just this window why not say just this window and not refer to the last 3 windows.

[quote user="Paris aint German"]Jerome, Lefferty and Morris. Are you in the pub?[/quote]I''m quite partial to Murphys.

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]Poirot was a fat ar$ehole. Dodged a bullet there.[/quote]

You really are a complete and utter tw&t aren''t you?

[quote user="93vintage"][quote user="Paris aint German"]Jerome, Lefferty and Morris. Are you in the pub?[/quote]I''m quite partial to Murphys.[/quote]Good comeback [:)]

Can''t believe people would be happy to go with what we''ve got up front, presume this is a wind up.

No feckin way mate-even with no new strikers we''re way better than mid-table. Just admit it, you''re not really a Norwich fan are you?

Like i have said all along

we now have a head of recruitment

who was head of European recruitment at EPL club

he has contacts / scouts from different leagues who he contacts about players to keep a eye on in many leagues in world football

Expect us to sign a Overseas player this window

i can not tell you anymore than that !!