Sign in to follow this  
Buh

Charlton

A pic has appeared of a letter sent to a season ticket holder who has been asked to sign a behavioural contract because he "posted derogatory comments on a social media platform" before he can attend games this season.

Why is this absolute disgrace at Charlton not being more heavily publicised? What is going on there is an absolute farce.

I hope this weekend the Charlton fans are either on the pitch or outside the ground because holding your season ticket hostage before you sign a contract promising not to say Charlton are s4it on the Internet has got to be sort of illegal? Immoral definitely and deserves an appropriate "reaction"

Foreign investment, ladies and gentlemen. For every Leicester and Man city there''s a Leeds or a Charlton

Careful what you wish for.

Does seem overkill and unnecessary

The only question I have is the actual nature of the comments. If abusive then it may be a reasonable response. Hard to judge when shown only one half of the story

Total lack of information here but don''t let that stop anyone from being judge, jury and hangman.

Charlton have issued a statement and it seems totally fair to me on reflection. Like many I got caught up in an instant judgement against Charlton''s owners who have been ropey to say the least.

https://twitter.com/Tom_FA/status/764062579995979776

I''d post a link to the picture of the letter, that every person who isn''t connected to the outside with two cups and a piece of string can and has seen on social media, but I''ve only got a degree in computer science and they didn''t cover "how to post a link on the worst designed website ever"

Statements a disgrace as well. Total cover up. The jokers running Charlton are the very criminals that could/have been sniffing around our club.

We should treat this brand of foreign investment with EXTREME caution.

The Charlton owners are a disgrace for many reasons and I don''t really buy that statement at all- if they were doing that to all supporters who used foul and abusive language towards them on twitter they''d be sending a lot of letter, especially keeping in mind how they run that club.

However Buh, it''s nothing to do with these owners being foreign- just look at Blackpool for evidence of how badly fans can be treated by owners from this very country.

Here''s the absolutely laughable letter:
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CppyeIAWYAAgrWN.jpg[/IMG]

So where do we draw the line then?According to Article 10 of the Human Rights Act we get this:"1) Everyone has the right to freedom of expression. This right shall include freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart information and ideas without interference by public authority and regardless of frontiers. This Article shall not prevent States from requiring the licensing of broadcasting, television or cinema enterprises.2) The exercise of these freedoms, since it carries with it duties and responsibilities, may be subject to such formalities, conditions, restrictions or penalties as are prescribed by law and are necessary in a democratic society, in the interests of national security, territorial integrity or public safety, for the prevention of disorder or crime, for the protection of health or morals, for the protection of the reputation or rights of others, for preventing the disclosure of information received in confidence, or for maintaining the authority and impartiality of the judiciary."So, in other words, point 1 allows you to say what you think and express your opinion, HOWEVER, this has to be done in accordance with point 2, and surely in Charlton''s case, they would be arguing it falls under the "protection of the reputation or rights of others" statement, and thus they have taken what they consider to be appropriate action to deal with this.Truthfully, I have ZERO idea where the boundary actually lies in these sorts of discussions (and I''m sure many ''expert'' lawyers struggle with it as well tbh), but surely if you have a situation whereby an individual is constantly posting abusive messages on official social media, alongside providing similar types of abuse to a club, their staff members and possibly even their own/visiting fans in person, then surely it''s not unreasonable for the offended party(ies) to take steps to deal with this?Regardless of which, what relevance does the owners nationality play in that debate???

Answer me this, Indy bones?

Should we still sign Michael Owen on a pay as you play contract?

Charlton are asking their supporter to sign an ''Agreed Behavioral Contract'' (ABC), but the ignorant idiots could at least spell ''behavio(u)r or behavio(u)ral'' correctly in their silly little letter.[:(]

[quote user="Buh"]Answer me this, Indy bones?

Should we still sign Michael Owen on a pay as you play contract?[/quote]After 3 years of retirement I imagine he''ll be well rested and definitely up for a long season in the Champs...Seriously though, WTF does that have to do with the thread, or the response I posted?You really must try harder with your attempts to denigrate me as a poster!

It doesn''t matter at the end of the day Indy. In a couple of weeks you''ll disappear untill the winter transfer window. Retire to your cave to watch the Ukrainian u21s on Eurosport and tell us we''re buying all the wrong players

Yawn