Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Sheffield Wednesday

I like that word, RTB, ''verve''. With some of our quality January signings properly starting to bed in now coupled with the exciting additions of Canos and Pritchard, I can see some really superb fluid football on show from us this season. We should never have changed our style midway last season or we''d still be back in the Prem, I have no doubt of that, but pleasingly AN seems to have recognised this and I think we''ll be in for a truly exciting season - tomorrow''s game against Wednesday I feel will really tell us a lot as they''re definitely one of the strongest in the league with a few Prem standard footballers in the likes of Forestieri and Lees, just have a feeling it''s going to be a belter of a match with plenty of goals - can''t wait! 👍

I don''t want to watch a belter of a match. I want to watch my team win and if that means a scrappy 90th min 1-0 win then so be it. But I do understand where you''re coming from.

And I know where you''re coming from too, but I''m not feeling the need for a scrappy relegation battle type of win, I''d like to think we''ve moved on!. Therefore, I''m expecting and hoping for an exciting game with plenty of goals obviously resulting in 3 points for us, otherwise of course if we can''t do that then I''d take an awful game and 1-0!, that''s not my preference though and I don''t think it''ll play out that way anyway 👍

[quote user="King Klose"]I don''t want to watch a belter of a match. I want to watch my team win and if that means a scrappy 90th min 1-0 win then so be it.[/quote]Is there any wonder we get so many matches watching teams ''park the bus'', if this is the way of thinking that football as an industry subscribes to?Nobody raves about a team that finished well in the league playing the most awful football to watch but is frequently effective, they rave about creative, skillful play a''la the Brazil of old and similar.Football is a sport AND a form of entertainment, and there is NOTHING entertaining about watching a team stick 10 men behind the ball for 90 minutes and then score a scrappy goal in injury time. Stoke fans soon began to realise this, and despite Pulis being extremely effective, the fans hated the football on display, and eventually it became too much for the club to deal with and Pulis was moved on.If you want dire football at Carrow Road again, then see if Delia will re-hire Hughton, but I''d rather have seasons like 92/93 where we finished 3rd with a negative goal difference but playing some of the best and most exciting football I''ve ever seen at this club...

Am I the only one who thinks everyone is getting a little bit excited after just one game??.

Sheff Weds are no mugs so let''s hope Alex keeps the players feet on the ground, as I can see us getting mud on our face if not!!.

1-0 city 😃😃

I think the last game showed how City are capable of playing in this division.

The question now is - can we do it consistently and how will we do against better quality Champ teams. Today will give us a bit more of an idea.

At times in the Champs a couple of seasons back we played some super football but there were also the disappointing 0-1 home games against teams that parked the bus. But, make no mistake, last week''s game will have quite a few managers worrying that trying that approach could be a problem against the players we have. It''s up to us now to show those fears are justified.

Spot on Bob 👍

Angryman - think you''re wrong there dude. Can''t see anybody on here getting carried away thinking we''ll just turn up and win today - I think it''s clear we know Wednesday are a good side with some very good players and will be a totally different proposition to Blackburn. Don''t want to sound cocky but I genuinely believe we have the strongest squad in this league packed with plenty of players who have had good times in the Premier League as well as the not so good, so we know what we''re capable of. But nobodies underestimating Wednesday - far from it - we need to be on it if we want the 3 points today otherwise it''ll cost us, make no mistake.

Well said Alex, spot on ! and the thing we love about football is the uncertainty, and i am personally really looking forward to this season, and can see 6 or 7 teams having a big say in things, and we will be one of the main players for sure.