Sign in to follow this  
Iwans Big Toe

Finally, the announcement we have been waiting for all summer

No not that the board have pulled their finger out and have signed the stoked that we so desperately require. But that the new screen rotates. Whoopee this season is guaranteed to be the best ever at Carrow Road. You''ve never had it so good, prepare for a festival of football.

Think it''s great we''ve now got a screen and a world first at that but then I am a happy clapper 🤗

This has to be a real contender for the ''Ultimate Pinkun Beat Your Own Club With A Stick Award'' - Unbelievable! 👎

Alex wrote: "This has to be a real contender for the ''Ultimate Pinkun Beat Your Own Club With A Stick Award'' - Unbelievable"Like a champion polevaulter, IBT is never content with coming first, he always insists on raising the bar that little bit further .........

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]The announcement I have been waiting for all summer is that Iwan''s Big Toe has died in a bizarre gardening accident.[/quote]

Not another Spinal Tap drummer, Bor?

[quote user="Katie Borkins"]The announcement I have been waiting for all summer is that Iwan''s Big Toe has died in a bizarre gardening accident.[/quote]What a pleasant fellow you are.And yet my point remains valid. Two weeks until the end of the transfer window, and much like our dealings in the transfer market last year we have signed plenty of midfielders, but haven''t strengthened in the one area that we need to reinforce desperately.But hey, the people incharge of the club are doing a tremendous job. We''ll just have to give them until the end of the transfer window before even thinking of saying otherwise. Then of course if they don''t manage to get the new striker (X2) that we need we shouldn''t voice any concern until the end of the next transfer window, or the one after that or the one after that. They''re doing their best, who needs Britt Assombalonga when we''re the first football club ever to have a revolving tv screen.

Fair enough, Iwan''s Big Toe, you''re entitled to your opinion.

But... if we get a striker or two by the end of window, we''ll have a complete squad we can be more than happy with - I take it therefore that you''ll be on here to start a thread giving these incompetent people at NCFC the credit they will deserve? I won''t be holding my breath...

http://www.courier.co.uk/crystal-palace-boss-slams-agents-over-transfer-dealings/story-29610152-detail/story.html

Also, we''re looking at a higher caliber of striker than most in the Championship while at the same time not being quite as rich as some of our peers who have also been after forwards. Derby, another big Championship club still haven''t signed a single player, WBA have signed one player, Sunderland hadn''t signed anyone until a couple of days ago etc

We''re lucky that we didn''t need a rebuild when we went down as by all accounts this window has been a nightmare for many clubs

[quote user="Alex "]Fair enough, Iwan''s Big Toe, you''re entitled to your

opinion.

But... if we get a striker or two by the end of window, we''ll have a

complete squad we can be more than happy with - I take it therefore that

you''ll be on here to start a thread giving these incompetent people at

NCFC the credit they will deserve? I won''t be holding my

breath...[/quote]I agree, with an couple of decent forwards we will have a top squad for this level. And if we manage to sign a top striker that inspires confidence (ie in the mould of Iwan, Ashton or Holt) I will be the first to be doing cartwheels on here. However, history shows it''s more likely that we will scour the whole of Europe to find a center forward, then sign a couple of midfielders instead. So I won''t be holding my breath........ [quote user="Ricky Spanish"]http://www.courier.co.uk/crystal-palace-boss-slams-agents-over-transfer-dealings/story-29610152-detail/story.html

Also, we''re looking at a higher caliber of striker than most in the Championship while at the same time not being quite as rich as some of our peers who have also been after forwards. Derby, another big Championship club still haven''t signed a single player, WBA have signed one player, Sunderland hadn''t signed anyone until a couple of days ago etc

We''re lucky that we didn''t need a rebuild when we went down as by all accounts this window has been a nightmare for many clubs[/quote]I don''t give a monkeys who the other 91 league clubs have signed. Burton could sign Messi for all I care, it doesn''t change the fact that City still need to get a couple of strikers in.

IBT wrote" And yet my point remains valid."
Er, what point exactly? The facts are as they: we are trying to sign one or more strikers, we haven''t succeeded yet, and the big screen is installed. Your point is?