Sign in to follow this  
Donkey dangler

Wells - Huddersfield fans

Aside from a mention or two on Twitter, no not really.

After a flurry of links with forwards, everything seems to have suddenly gone quiet. N''Doye has been playing and scoring for Trabzonspor, Assombalonga has been ruled out, Huddersfield say no contact has been made over Wells, and the trail goes cold.

I''d rather AN didn''t male pronouncements such as having a forward in before the Sheffield Wednesday game as it raises expectations and makes him look a tad silly when it doesn''t happen.

No idea if it means anything, but Wells was only on the bench for Hudds tonight v Shrewsbury - they are currently 2-1 down and he went through the game unused (which seems a bit odd).

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]I''d rather AN didn''t male pronouncements such as having a forward in before the Sheffield Wednesday game as it raises expectations and makes him look a tad silly when it doesn''t happen.[/quote]

Still several days yet before he looks silly, Crafty 😉

Mooy is still completely unproven, which is why he''s gone to Huddersfield. We''re the sort of club he''d go to in his next loan spell if he does well....Right now is he better than Howson? I doubt it, Dorrans maybe but I''d rather have him as he''s contracted to us. Not to mention that it would block the path for Thompson and Godfrey for the sake of helping MC out

He looks a good player though (youtube and highlights from the weekend, best i can do!) but I don''t think we''ve missed out. A great year for Huddersfield and like I said, he wouldn''t be pushing the City team, he''d then get a loan somewhere like here or a Hull/Burnley/Derby etc

---------

Wells is about as low down last years scoring charts as I''d go in this division, if we can''t get him for about 8 Million then we have to look elsewhere. I don''t wanna see us start bidding all our cash immobile donkeys like Hemed, Martin or Rhodes. In those cases we really might as well have stuck with Hooper