Sign in to follow this  
Samwam27

edp-striker search widens

Yes, it''s never easy securing targets, and sometimes you cannot prize people away until other factors happen.

To me, that article reads though that our top targets have failed, and we''re having to move on. Clearly a more sombre and pragmatic statement from AN (compared to last week and "we are confident we''ll have an additional by SW game)

It sounds like the search for a new striker will come down to a frantic last day. Hope not!

Loveed the quote "“I’ll be honest with you, we look all over" Now that could be taken out of context. NCFC fans think the striker search is all over. It is now!

It''s right we use our European scouting network a striker in an equivalent league will cost sometimes less than the over inflated British player. 14 mill for RM and 8 mill for Grabban are fine examples.

But whatever happened to the club we signed a link with. I recall we had an agreement to look at a few of their players and have a strong partnership. It seems that we instead of working with that European partner that we have moved from Leeds to Hamilton.

Two strikers in the next two weeks... Let''s hope so

[quote user="smooth"]It''s right we use our European scouting network a striker in an equivalent league will cost sometimes less than the over inflated British player. 14 mill for RM and 8 mill for Grabban are fine examples.

But whatever happened to the club we signed a link with. I recall we had an agreement to look at a few of their players and have a strong partnership. It seems that we instead of working with that European partner that we have moved from Leeds to Hamilton.

Two strikers in the next two weeks... Let''s hope so[/quote]

I think the european club you''re referring to was Italian club Parma, who went bust and defunct a couple of years ago and are now playing in Serie D ??

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="smooth"]It''s right we use our European scouting network a striker in an equivalent league will cost sometimes less than the over inflated British player. 14 mill for RM and 8 mill for Grabban are fine examples.

Two strikers in the next two weeks... Let''s hope so[/quote]

I think the european club you''re referring to was Italian club Parma, who went bust and defunct a couple of years ago and are now playing in Serie D ??[/quote]And ''footballing giants'' Ferencvaros from Hungary... [:)]

If it''s anything like our scouring of Europe for a new manager then in two weeks time our new forward will be promoted from the youth team

A failure this window, again, will see us stuck in the chumps for years again. Perhaps, we have the funds to prize a goal scorer, such as Hooper, out of Wedneday or don''t we have the £10m+ to meet his market value?

[quote user="Highland Canary"]A failure this window, again, will see us stuck in the chumps for years again. Perhaps, we have the funds to prize a goal scorer, such as Hooper, out of Wedneday or don''t we have the £10m+ to meet his market value?[/quote]

Marcus Evans has plenty of dough but you''ll never see him spend £10mil on a striker. Infact, he wouldn''t even spend that on your first 11 combined. See you next Sunday 👍

Im pretty happy with this transfer window to be honest, obviously we do need a striker and I am sure we will get one. I''d of been more depressed if we had signed McCormack for money and wages it would of set us back

Again it has been a disappointing transfer window, 2 signings that were probably not scouted. Bit late to start scouting. Paid out the Redmond proceeds and maybe no money to be spent except on Alex''s air fares. A striker or two is a must if this season to be fruitful.

Hey guys, look who''s here![quote user="pete"]Unsubstantiated miserablist ramblings[/quote]Hope we lose today. That''d be good.

is it a case of us having to sell before we buy?

as I mentioned earlier this week in another thread , I''m still not entirely convinced that Brady will leave in this window, certainly not if we''ve slapped a £20m price tag on him.

The ironic thing is that even were he fit (i''ll take the injury thing a face value for the moment)...where would we play him?, I believe Olsson to be a better left back and in this league where I think we will be able to dominate teams , I''d rather have a more attack minded player on the left side of attack.

Alex Neil said in the week that Brady can do an equally good job in a number of different positions.

Could it be that come Sept 1st we have a "£20m" utility player sitting on our bench instead of translating that money into a new striker??

Surprised you think Brady is a utility player. He is capable of doing a job at left-back, but his natural position is surely as a wide attacking midfielder.

I would personally play him ahead of Olsson at left-back anyway in the current squad, but don''t forget there will be injuries, suspensions and tactical changes required throughout the season, so it certainly cannot be a bad thing to have the quality of someone like Brady in the squad. Besides which, do we really have that many options on the left side anyway?

IMHO one of AN''s biggest errors last season was saying that Brady is a better left back than Olsson, he''s not. All round Olsson is better, but Brady is far better going forward.

Brady cost us everal goals at left back and we looked far more solid when Olsson started at left back.

Didn''t Brady play in a more central role for Ireland, and seemed to thrive.

He''s more complete, and dangerous further up the field than left back, so don''t see that as his best position