Sign in to follow this  
Thecanaryfan

Redmond making a good impression today

Only 45 minutes into his PL Saints career and look at these comments on their match thread......
''Redmond not in the game at all''
''Is Redmond on the field?''
''Redmond is the next Thiery Henry hey? More like Lenny Henry''
''Redmond very, very poor so far''
''Redmond is trying too hard imo''
......And I thought we were an over-expectant bunch!!

All I can say is I am glad he went £11 million pound for average player good bit of business

Yeah, hope he does well also, but in fairness his career was stalling here so a move was for the best. And we got a good fee. And I''ve got him in my dreamteam.

as ive said for the last 3 seasons, he will go on and be a top england right winger, as per usual delia and co sold far too cheap, club got mugged

No he won''t iron_stan, there are at least 5 English right wingers who are better than him-he may get a couple of caps if he''s lucky.

[quote user="STFU"]No he won''t iron_stan, there are at least 5 English right wingers who are better than him-he may get a couple of caps if he''s lucky.[/quote]

lmaook, name themzaha? oxlade chamberlain ? ince? townsend ?theyve all played their best hand already, and none were seen as good enough to go to the euros whilst redmond was with the u21''s winning that competition

If he gets sold for £30 million we''ll be laughing. I hope he thrives there and gets into the England set up, we must have agreed at the very least a 20% of any profit sell on clause which seems to be the norm. Who knows where we''ll be or what transfer fees will be like in 2-3 years? If we''re still a Championship club and he goes for 30 million that extra 4 million could be massive for us as the Parachute payments dwindle...and they will sell him, eventually, he''s English so will command a big fee and Southampton sell a lot of players every year

We have nothing to gain if he flops there, I''m glad he''s started well! If he can up the amount of ''on'' games he has in that league from 5 to say 15 a season he''ll fetch a hell of a fee!

£11 Million was a steal for a accomplished England U''21 International with Premier League experience.

That said, I don''t think hes quite got the technical/finishing ability to play at a higher level than Mid-Premier League.

Certainly wouldn''t expect him to play for a Champions League team or England.

[quote user="have my howson it"]Nathan who?

He''s cr@p one goal doesn''t make a player[/quote]

A certain team playing in yellow at Carrow Road could have done with just one goal today....

At the time my view was that Lennon and Hooper were a better bet than scouring Europe for Adams. I guess the issue today, however, is do we aspire to championship medicroity for years to come or ought a new striker or two be our only priority. Two points squandered today already. Let''s not forget we were effectively relegated last September when we attempted to play in the premier league with a championship defence. It would be somewhat careless to repeat that failure in the context of a striker again this year. Or, perhaps, being uncompetitive in the championship should be the limit of the ambition for a club of our size.

Your Hooper love in continued into this pre-season Highland. A full two years later. Had we have kept him, appointed Lennon and built a team around him this summer would we be better off? I would suggest not. And neither would we have been 2 years ago...

For all those saying Redmond isn''t good enough, perhaps you should watch some of Southamptons pre-season, he''s been their best player.

I appreciate we had to sell but £11m is an absolute steal when Ibe went for £15m and I''m pretty sure Redders will be a full England international first.

[quote user="Clint"]For all those saying Redmond isn''t good enough, perhaps you should watch some of Southamptons pre-season, he''s been their best player.

I appreciate we had to sell but £11m is an absolute steal when Ibe went for £15m and I''m pretty sure Redders will be a full England international first.[/quote] "Best player in pre-season" counts for very little. As for the £15M paid for Ibe, the only conclusion you can draw from that is that Bournemouth have more money available than Saints and less sense in deciding how to spend it.