Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Team & subs

Never seen us pass the ball this poorly at home.
Had £300 on Norwich to win. Just cashed out £160.  Will take the loss, just cant see us getting a shot on goal.

problem with this is wednesday have shown every other team how to stop us from winning at home

worrying thing is we havnt looked like scoring at all 2nd half

[quote user="Jools"]Strange substitution [:|][/quote]

Apart from Canos there''s no one else to really bring on attacking wise. The game is slipping in Wednesday''s favour. Without a recognized striker on the bench it''s a good sub. Could be a useful point if we defend it.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Jerome off Mulumbu on. Naismith false number 9. I suppose that just illustrates further the striker need.[/quote]

nah i think it illustrates the manager is happy to take a draw and go defensive because hes realised we arent capable of breaking them down and havnt looked like scoring since the first half

its clever but also worrying and negative imo

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Jools"]Strange substitution [:|][/quote]

Apart from Canos there''s no one else to really bring on attacking wise. The game is slipping in Wednesday''s favour. Without a recognized striker on the bench it''s a good sub. Could be a useful point if we defend it.[/quote]
Utter gash. Would rather lose trying to win than make negative substitutions like this. There was no need to make a substitution at all. 

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Jerome off Mulumbu on. Naismith false number 9. I suppose that just illustrates further the striker need.[/quote]

nah i think it illustrates the manager is happy to take a draw and go defensive because hes realised we arent capable of breaking them down and havnt looked like scoring since the first half

[/quote]

I don''t disagree, but apart from Morris we don''t have another striker. So what AN is doing makes sense. As bringing Morris on is a pointless sub.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="iron stan"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]Jerome off Mulumbu on. Naismith false number 9. I suppose that just illustrates further the striker need.[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t disagree, but apart from Morris we don''t have another striker. So what AN is doing makes sense. As bringing Morris on is a pointless sub.[/quote]hes settled for a point, not wrong but this should have been over before now, for me it was the wrong starting 11, you have to wonder about our ability to break teams down though, this isnt a new issue, its been going on for years

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="SeattleCanary"][quote user="Jools"]Strange substitution [:|][/quote]

Apart from Canos there''s no one else to really bring on attacking wise. The game is slipping in Wednesday''s favour. Without a recognized striker on the bench it''s a good sub. Could be a useful point if we defend it.[/quote]
Utter gash. Would rather lose trying to win than make negative substitutions like this. There was no need to make a substitution at all. 
[/quote]

I take it you haven''t been watching the game then? Jerome went down around the 50 minute mark, got up limping, has been ineffective, offside multiple times and far off the pace today. We have no other recognized/experienced striker. Not utter gash. It makes sense.

So many basic passes missing their mark today. Especially Naismith. How can they be so clinical one week to this drivel? Nothing good to take from today''s performance apart from perhaps McGovern who looked solid.

[quote user="Fuzzar"]Brady hasn''t been great today.[/quote]i dont think weve been poor at all, weve just not changed, had no width, no balance, cant score, stuck instead of twisted

better result for wednesday than city

Woeful from start to finish , did not create one scoring chance , we need two decent strikers Jerome is terrible as most people already knew .

Wednesday were the better side after the break. Maybe AN was making the point to the board when he took off Jerone that a second striker signing is pretty much essential?

Otherwise not particularly good but not awful either. It''s important to get points out of these games.

To say Wednesday have shown other teams how to stop us is as ridiculous as saying after Blackburn that we could open up everyone.

Disappointing and very frustrating performance today. Very shocked at Alex Neil''s choice of 3Rd substitution. We should never ever play two defensive midfielders at home. Was it just a point to prove to Jerome? Yes we didn''t lose but that was as bore a draw we will see!

Mulumbu looked busy, think we should keep him.

We desperately need something different up top. Wednesday used four strikers this evening, we''ve got one!

Still some positives to take, clean sheet and unbeaten. Last years playoff finalists are no mugs. Reckon we''ll do better away from home this year.

Booing on the final whistle was poor form by the way.

Positives:

Clean sheet

Didn''t lose

Only second game so plenty of time to make up lost points

Tettey didn''t get booked

McGovern and Mulumbu looked useful

Negatives:

Passing was generally very poor

Set pieces were awful - need to focus on this in training

Teams now know how to lay us at Carrow Road

Second half we seemed to run out of ideas

Desperate need for strikers made very very clear

I think we will find it easier away from home where teams will need to be more open. However Sheffield Wednesday looked very useful and should be there or there a outs at the end of he season.

Big game now against Bristol City on Tuesday before we get to grips with the scum.

Our last season in the champ we struggled at home. It was going to be the same this season. They frustrated us, got on to hoops and then nullified us through a boring and uninspiring second half.

I expect better results away and performances. It will come but not yet. We need more goal scoring and game winning potential. Afraid the subs were tactical or due to injury and necer offered a new attacking option. Josh Murphy was very light weight.

AN needs to get plan b, he needs those other options.

We need those strikers and we need a drive in that midfield to push, Pritchard and canos can provide but today showed that weakness that we all saw last year.

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]So what AN is doing makes sense. As bringing Morris on is a pointless sub.[/quote]Actually, THAT makes no sense at all!If Morris isn''t good enough or ready enough to be called into play, then WTF is he doing on the subs bench to begin with???That aside, I though Brady looked shocking, our overall passing was pretty weak (especially in the 2nd half) and I wonder how many other dire games we''re going to have to watch, as visiting sides park the bus for large portions of the game...just ugh...

[quote user="Indy_Bones"][quote user="SeattleCanary"]So what AN is doing makes sense. As bringing Morris on is a pointless sub.[/quote]Actually, THAT makes no sense at all!If Morris isn''t good enough or ready enough to be called into play, then WTF is he doing on the subs bench to begin with???[/quote]

[Y]