Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Team & subs

Team:

Ruddy; Pinto, Bennett, Klose, Olsson; Howson (c), Tettey; Hoolahan, Naismith, Brady; Jerome

Subs:

McGovern (GK), Martin, Bassong, Canos, Mulumbu, Morris, Jo. Murphy.

Like the team, probably the best we could put out, so glad Brady is playing. However, that whole team sheet just highlights how seriously lacking we are in the striker position. Next week it really needs to be addressed! OTBC!

Oh hope Pritchard isn''t injured, surprising he''s not in squad.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Dodgy stomach I believe.[/quote]

Delia''s cooking? I see the club are putting recipes in thee match programmes now! Whatever next!!

nice to see brady back but brady/hoolahan/naismith is too narrow for my tasteswe wont see much going down the right wing today, everything down the left, bit obvious/predictable

[quote user="KeiranShikari"]Pinto is probably the most attacking right sided defender in the league.[/quote]

i understand your point but neither naismith or wes are exactly renowned for the running back/covering for the right back are they.

dont get me wrong we are strong, but i think it should be either naismith OR wes as number 10 with murphy out right, square pegs etc etc

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="KeiranShikari"]Pinto is probably the most attacking right sided defender in the league.[/quote]

i understand your point but neither naismith or wes are exactly renowned for the running back/covering for the right back are they.

dont get me wrong we are strong, but i think it should be either naismith OR wes as number 10 with murphy out right, square pegs etc etc[/quote]It''s a 4-2-3-1 formation [:|]

John Ruddy gkMartin Olsson lbTimm Klose cbRyan Bennett cbIvo Pinto rbAlexander Tettey dmJonathan Howson dmRobert Brady lamWesley Hoolahan amcSteven Naismith ramCameron Jerome cf

Okay, I got it slightly wrong - would prefer Hoolahan central and Brady left.

[quote user="Jools"][quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="KeiranShikari"]Pinto is probably the most attacking right sided defender in the league.[/quote]

dont get me wrong we are strong, but i think it should be either naismith OR wes as number 10 with murphy out right, square pegs etc etc[/quote]It''s a 4-2-3-1 formation [:|][/quote]

no shit sherlockit will be brady left, hoolahan middle, naismith rightas i said, id prefer brady, naismith OR hoolahan in middle, murphy right

[quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="Jools"][quote user="iron_stan"][quote user="KeiranShikari"]Pinto is probably the most attacking right sided defender in the league.[/quote]

dont get me wrong we are strong, but i think it should be either naismith OR wes as number 10 with murphy out right, square pegs etc etc[/quote]It''s a 4-2-3-1 formation [:|][/quote]

no shit sherlockit will be brady left, hoolahan middle, naismith rightas i said, id prefer brady, naismith OR hoolahan in middle, murphy right [/quote]Except Brady''s on the right and Naismith is central, Watson [:|]

he is and it doesnt work, inverted wingers are a terrible idea, it was hughtons only plan and failed miserably, imo brady should be left, one from wes or naismith in middle and a right winger on the right wingleft foot, either foot, right foot, beat the man and cross the ball to the lump in the middle

[quote user="iron_stan"]he is and it doesnt work, inverted wingers are a terrible idea, it was hughtons only plan and failed miserably, imo brady should be left, one from wes or naismith in middle and a right winger on the right wingleft foot, either foot, right foot, beat the man and cross the ball to the lump in the middle[/quote]I agree [Y]

We''re looking good so far. we''re trying to play nifty one two''s but Wednesday are defending really well and we still look a little rusty. We were never going to blow this lot away like we did at Blackburn. We''ve defended superbly and Tettey has mopped up everything which has been really good to see.

Also, right and left sided attacking midfielders operate in completely different spaces and have very different roles to wingers, come on guys, did it looked like Hoolahan was playing like a winger? just because Roeder played him wide in a 442 doesn''t mean he can''t play as a left sided attacker in a narrow 3. You can''t ask him to play like a winger, yeah, but he is operating in his favoured positions despite technically being on the left of a 3, Hughton has gone so a player''s starting position is pretty irrelevant

our biggest problem since 2012 has been balance and it still is

naismith and wes are both number 10''s, pick one or the other!!! and play a left footed winger to his left and a right footed winger to his righteasypick the best team dont shoe horn in the best players

at this point wednesday dont have to do anything different, they arent exactly threatening but they dont have to be as a point would be a good result