Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

The Morrison money: Serious question

This is a genuine question and I''m just curious as to what the answers of my fellow fans would be. 

If Munby (aint going to happen but humour me) said to the fans that we have two options on where to spend to Morrison money.  We could either

1.  Spend the £2M we were going to spend on Morrison NOW by paying off Worthington and paying any possible compensation for a new manager.  Or

2.  Let Worthington spend all of the money in January (plus possible a bit more) on the squad.

What would you want us to do with the cash?

Based on the experiences of other clubs, I''d say give Worthy the money. Another Hux, Ashton, Safri, ... or Davenport would do nicely.

But no Emblens please.

Option 1. These players are good enough to get us out of this league (hence why we were favourites to win it at the begining). With the odd exception I dont rate a lot of his transfer activity.

How did we miss out on Paul Iffl in the summer when we needed a quality Championship midfielder? He cost Sheff U £800,000!

[quote]This is a genuine question and I''m just curious as to what the answers of my fellow fans would be. If Munby (aint going to happen but humour me) said to the fans that we have two options on where to...[/quote]

I dont think it was as much as £2m (£1.2m was nearer the mark) but that has been eaten into with the loans of Lisbie and Callum.

Even so if the board are not happy that worthy can take the good ship NCFC forward then he should be paid off and a new man brought in - someone to work alongside Williams perhaps?

Worthy has already spet far more than any city manager in history and he taken us to this - why give him any more?   He told us preseason he was happy with his squad - he should be made to make that squad work for him.

OTBC

[quote]Option 1. These players are good enough to get us out of this league (hence why we were favourites to win it at the begining). With the odd exception I dont rate a lot of his transfer activity. How ...[/quote]

Totally agree Jan, every penny spent getting rid of Worthy, is money well spent.

A fit squad and a capable manager is more than enough to get us promoted.

Thats the point.

Pay him off. Why give him more money to waste ? If he cannot get a team winning with the likes of Green,Davenport,Safri,Marney,Huckerby and Ashton in his side what difference is another signing going to make. Most Championship managers would kill for players like that to choose from and would be getting a lot more out of them. Worthingtons management last season was dismal and hes just getting worse , if he stays all the better players will be off either in January or at the end of the season , do we really want to see them replaced with the likes of what he brought in this summer, i think not.

pay him off, he has to go

we are only going to go backwards while he is here