Sign in to follow this  
pete

Will Josh Murphy make it ?

On today''s performance albeit only 60 minutes it looks unlikely. Is he a winger? if so try taking on the full back use your pace if you still have it. Disappointing now Jacob seems to be the better option.

Give the guy a chance he will make it as at least a championship player as he showed last season with Mk dons. It might not be with us but at least let''s give him more than 60mins, before writing him off.

Agree Move Klose why oh why do Norwich managers buy players and then not play them Canos must see after today we perhaps not as good as we thought we were,If AN buys a forward is he going to play him .

Interestingly in the context of the OP, Naismith had a full go at Murphy twice today, the second IMO was Naismith''s fault but overall that can do little for the lads confidence. I was surprised to see how tall he is now, perhaps needs filling out a bit.

I thought Josh did ok considering he had Brady behind him who was really awful today and Naismith in front who was not much better. Early days, nobody had a great game and there were far worse players out there in a yellow shirt than Josh.

I think he''s in his element racing at back tracking defdnders on the break ... not against a well drilled compact Championship defence.

For me still a useful sub but not a starter.

Josh is quite a way behind Jacob, when in friendlies wanted to overdo it, then in a real game was found wanting, yes Brady was poor today, as were most others, but if going to make it youngsters have to be ready to take their chance when it comes.

Based on what I''ve seen this season Josh now seems to be in the shadow of his brother! Incredible difference; Jacob composed, good first touch, speed-of-though & professional-looking - Josh disorientated, poor first touch, not closing down the opposition & looking lost.

Maybe it will all change, but Canos looked raw in pre-season too. All 3 should be aiming for a starting position now Redmond''s gone - that should be plenty enough incentive...

It''s to early to say but he was awful today.

Failed to create any space for himself and looked lethargic on the ball.

Having watched the highlights on channel 5 Murphys reaction after Wes dispossessed him to take the ball forward sums his day up.

Could it also be that josh was in a team fighting relegation losing week in and out, and Jacob was in a team winning more and pushing for play offs. Could also be a mental state.

[quote user="Capt. Pants"]@OP. No he won''t. I hope those who were pleased at getting rid of Redders are happy with themselves.

[/quote]

Let''s be fair What difference does it make? fans had no say in Redmond being sold one way or the other. We got a fair fee for a player who blows hot and cold, maybe Murphy was having a cold day himself yesterday.

Lightweight, looked scared of the fullback. Hope he does blossom into a good winger, but he needs to hit the gym a bit first! Canos should have come on yesterday, poor decision by Neil

No, sadly I dont think he will. Was never convinced when he played a number of games for us last time out in the Champ, just looked like another "Tony Daley* type winger, plenty of pace but never creates anything, runs the ball out of play too often but he still looked better than he did yesterday. He looked totally out of sync at times, lack of anticipation at pretty obvious moments where he should of received a pass and didnt. Jacob even in pre-season looked much better and not only looks more dangerous going forward but tracks back and helps the full back out hence he got the nod last weekend.

He''s one of our own but League One at best. He was poor last time around for us in the Championship and was poor again last night. All pace and very little football intelligence.

What a waste of space thread after such a short outing.

You guys making judgements are either geniuses or know very little.

Spillay, if Josh turns out to be anything like Tony Daley, I for one, would be very happy. The guy played something like 250 top flight games, scoring a fair number of goals, and got a number of England caps. One of the best conventional wingers I''ve ever seen, to say he never did anything is a bit silly really.

He was an overrated waste of time Clint, Im pretty sure no one remembers Daley being anything than other being bang average, I dont recall him being in too many England highlight reels. The judgement isnt based on yesterday, its based on his overall contribution on the pitch from when he played a fair stint of games for us last time in the Champs, from what we saw yesterday not a lot has changed.

45 minutes against a top team in this division when we werent playing well and the crowd were more intent on pointless booing in the first home game of the season.

Not really a fair game to compare him and jacob in.

Has already been successful in this league and no reason why he shouldn''t be an important player for us.

I hope we are not going to write off Canos after 60 minutes.

Probably not!

Last night he was visibly hiding away from the ball cause he didn''t want it, powderpuff tackling, afraid to take on his marker and generally looking like a lost boy, which is exactly what he was doing 2 seasons ago!

Seems like a mental thing going on where he''s scared of making mistakes for his big parent club, but unless he snaps out of it like his brother seems to have done, then he will end up a lower League journeyman at best!

He''s a young attacking player and will blow hot and cold, just like the rest of them.

This is presumably why we have an entire team of attacking midfielders to call on.