Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Gary Hooper

Looked woeful yesterday. I am sure a number on here were dying for him to score, so imagine how delighted I was to see he was just as shart as I remember him being in a Norwich City shirt (XXL, obvs).

If we had kept that roly-poly pudding, we would still need a new striker or two.

Jerome didn''t have a great game but he was better than hooper

He was totally anonymous

As a Hooper fan who regretted his passing (from our Club and on the field of play) I thought he was awful yesterday.

The commentary made excuses along the lines that Wednesday''s defensive set-up isolated the strikers, but he hardly broke sweat nevertheless and had one feeble attempt at goal all game.

I was left to continue regretting his passing (by Alex Neil on his way to the dug-out.)

[quote user="lake district canary"]Didn''t realise he was on the pitch until he was subbed. Didn''t get much appreciation from our fans either. Shame really, but shows that we were right to sell him on.

[/quote]A bit like the " Shame " he tweeted when our relegation was confirmed.Never a good fit at Carrow Rd and not at all sorry to see him go.

Hooper was sh*te yesterday, he cant even score against us! 😊

To be fair, one of the reasons for Hooper''s general ineffectiveness in a Norwich shirt is that he really didn''t suit the formation we played (which is why it was so surprising we signed him in the first place). He likes to play with his back to goal and link up with little touches and one-twos with a strike partner. As a lone striker he is totally ineffective, hence his success last season playing alongside Forestieri. Not surprised he was a virtual spectator yesterday.

Hooper doesn''t fit the lone striker role, nor he is a deep-lying link 10.

He is a 442 second striker in 1985. An unfit (and thus unprofessional) out-of-time striker who has some skills, but requires too much time and too much space to use them.

Even in the Championship such limited functionality was not enough. A lower standard team may choose to build a system around him - and he would no doubt do fine in it - any side with higher aspirations will not make such compromises.

Parma

£3m for that tub of lard was excellent business. We could sign a space hopper, in case Highland''s still missing him.

[quote user="Felixfan"]Hooper totally overrated.[/quote]

Hooper totally overweighted

When presented with a decent chance Hooper can finish, his scoring stats are pretty impressive! I think we forget he was our most clinical striker last time around in the champ (yes I know Jerome scored more blahdy blah) and I don''t think the club would have sold him if they knew they were going to be relegated.

Jerome + Hooper + AN Other with Laffs as back up would have been a decent selection to pick from. Selling him left us a little short in numbers.

That said, yes, he did look pretty pants on Sunday, but then so did our goal scoring ability!