Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

To the fans that booed...

Whistle, during my frequent visits to the board I have never noticed your input before. If this is an example then it''s some of the poorest ever posted. Your post which basically basically says "look at me I''m a real fan, not like the ones i disagree with who are the worst type of fans imaginable." makes me glad you are an infrequent visitor.

Personal abuse? No, just a term of endearment toward a poster who''s in pole position for tw@ of the week....

Just watched the Arsenal game and their fans were booing like crazy both during and after the match.Personally I don''t do it. But I can understand fans who use it as a way to vent their frustration and want it known to the manager and players. Norwich were poor in the first half yesterday. But were positively shambolic in the second half. That was no way to start the season at Carrow Rd.I kept an eye on Alex Neil yesterday and, to be fair, his reaction to his players performance was just as full of frustration. He was continually gesticulating to his coaching staff in exasperation and disbelief at the continual misplaced passes and poor movement.It''s early days though and I fully expect a reaction in midweek.

My only question is where were all you guys during the week after we won?

Same story every time

...realistic enough to know not to have read too much into the Blackburn game....as they are shaping up to be as shambolic as Bolton were last season.

but I do seem to remember that was mentioned last week???

So is 4 points out of 6 a decent start to the season or a boo-worthy disaster?

Wonder how Newcastle fans feel after spending all that money?

I suspect the issue was less the flat performance against Wednesday and more that for successive years our season is heading for the buffers in August. The failure of the board/scout/manager (delete as appropriate) to address our striking inadequacies may well have already cost us two points, say, the margin between automatic promotion/playoff position. To go with what we''ve got will not only cost us a playoff spot but also see the dismantling of the squad as we struggle with the final year of parachute payments. Then it''s championship football for the foreseeable or at least until new investment is injected into the club. And to think this was all so avoidable last August. Groundhog Day indeed.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]...realistic enough to know not to have read too much into the Blackburn game....as they are shaping up to be as shambolic as Bolton were last season.

but I do seem to remember that was mentioned last week???[/quote]

But you and countless others are ok to read too much into a 0-0 draw with the previous seasons beaten play off finalists?

I don''t think anyone was reading too much into the Blackburn game except those that then thought we''d walk over every team then realised we''re not going to and booed at the final whistle yesterday. Not all the boos were because of the striker situation and according to others on here they were entitled to boo that performance. Well then, those lot need to realise we''re not going to win every game, other teams will play well and frustrate us...

If only this was the beginning of the season and we had time to correct the major issue of a 0-0 draw....oh wait...it is. Nah that''s too sensible, we didn''t win 4-1 this week, I''m going to boooooo...

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I suspect the issue was less the flat performance against Wednesday and more that for successive years our season is heading for the buffers in August. The failure of the board/scout/manager (delete as appropriate) to address our striking inadequacies may well have already cost us two points, say, the margin between automatic promotion/playoff position. To go with what we''ve got will not only cost us a playoff spot but also see the dismantling of the squad as we struggle with the final year of parachute payments. Then it''s championship football for the foreseeable or at least until new investment is injected into the club. And to think this was all so avoidable last August. Groundhog Day indeed.[/quote]

Damn. I replied to an earlier post before I read this beauty.

Our season is heading for the buffers in August!! Talk about nappy crapping. Is this just finding any reason at all to have a whinge? My god I''m glad I''m not a pessimist like so many on here (or a troll as many others are).

Not signing a striker already cost us 2 points? We were losing the battle in midfield and therefore not creating chances for Jerome, and how many sitters did he miss exactly? Yes his form is a big worry but after having made 2 forced substitutions, AN made the right call in putting control back into the midfield. No it didn''t work out in terms of winning the game but with Jerome nursing an injury too, there was no other option.

To go with what we''ve got would be catastrophic...but who says we are?? Has the window closed now?

I was embarrassed by the booing last night!

Yes we are short on numbers upfront, something which needs addressing ASAP but we were playing one of the best sides in this Division. On the positive side, our defence looked very solid!

Fans who think we are going to win every game are frankly clueless!

4 points from the 1st 2 games with only one goal conceded isn''t bad at all!

I started booing when the screen became the focal point. I continued to boo throughout, especially when it became apparent that the screen was the most exciting thing on display.

Someone needs to be held accountable. Perhaps that Darnbrough or Ricky Martin.

Boo.

[quote user="Ian"]So is 4 points out of 6 a decent start to the season or a boo-worthy disaster?

Wonder how Newcastle fans feel after spending all that money?[/quote]

We loved booing Worthy.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I suspect the issue was less the flat performance against Wednesday and more that for successive years our season is heading for the buffers in August. The failure of the board/scout/manager (delete as appropriate) to address our striking inadequacies may well have already cost us two points, say, the margin between automatic promotion/playoff position. To go with what we''ve got will not only cost us a playoff spot but also see the dismantling of the squad as we struggle with the final year of parachute payments. Then it''s championship football for the foreseeable or at least until new investment is injected into the club. And to think this was all so avoidable last August. Groundhog Day indeed.[/quote]I am sure the manager, the coaching staff, the directors and the fans of Norwich City all enjoy being lectured to by someone who kept on saying ad bl**dy infinitum (if we are going to be so stupidly unaware to use Groundhog Day as an analogy...) that if we we''d only had Neil Lennon as our manager and Gary Hooper as our go-to striker we would be enjoying a settled inwards and upwards spell in the Premier League.

And you must have psychic powers or a crystal ball to be so sure that we wouldn''t be enjoying that spell if Lennon was our manager and built a team with Hooper as one of our strikers!

No one said Ranieri and Vardy would win the premiership together, but you must have seen it coming being so certain purple!

Booing used to be used as a last resort when things were dire. These days it appears at the slightest setback.  That is the only conclusion I can make to explain it, but to me it is still an ugly and non-supportive thing to do. How else do you express your disappointment if things aren''t as good as you would like?  By applauding the effort the team put in, which in turn is also acknowledging the part the opposition played in the match.  Sheff Wed were strong, well organised and confident in possession. That made it hard for our players and yet they fought through it, could have won the match with a late winner, but by the end, 0-0 was a fair result. They could and will do better........but not because anyone booed.  

Whether right or wrong it was an embarrassingly feeble boo, akin to a handbag slap. We can''t even boo properly, Boooo!

Well, being an ultra-plastic I never heard any booing watching it on the BBC Red Button...although to be fair the commentary wasn''t up to much either.

Apples

[quote user="Ali K"]Whether right or wrong it was an embarrassingly feeble boo, akin to a handbag slap. We can''t even boo properly, Boooo![/quote]

Much like the performance on the pitch then. if we support them when things are going well how do we show our displeasure when things aren''t going well write to Delia.

It was an embarrassing display from our team unable at times to string three passes together. This from some players who earn more in a week than many supporters earn in a year.

[quote user="Indy"]And you must have psychic powers or a crystal ball to be so sure that we wouldn''t be enjoying that spell if Lennon was our manager and built a team with Hooper as one of our strikers!

No one said Ranieri and Vardy would win the premiership together, but you must have seen it coming being so certain purple![/quote]I don''t need to be psychic, Indy. I go on facts. After a gung-ho start, Lennon''s record at Bolton (and I am taking it account their financial problems) was dreadful, and he was sacked/walked before he was sacked. So much so that not only has he not moved to a Premier League club or one in the Championship but has ended up back in Scotland, and down in the second tier. That tells you all you need to know about how his managerial abilities are regarded. As to Hooper, if he is a Premier League-quality striker, how come he isn''t playing there?

Anyone that thinks we need to boo to remind the board to buy a striker is probably on day release or missing several marbles. Simply put, some of our fans and posters on this board appear to be gleeful when they''re having a moan or pop at the club. Several posters on this thread where nowhere to be seen when we beat Blackburn last week , and some of them have, on other threads, belittled the 4-1 as "it was only Blackburn - really?

From my experience on social media and this forum I can safely say that there are fans, and probably fans of other clubs, that feed off the misery of constantly running the club, the manager and the players down.

I booed. I wasn''t booing the team or Alex Neil.

I was voicing my displeasure to the board for the usual cock up in the transfer window which is now starting to hurt us.

Back to the OP, the booing was childish in the extreme, whatever reasons are offered afterwards. Yes, it was a disappointing performance but SW made it very difficult through well organisied stiffling tactics. Yes we need more strikers, but everybody knows that. Just plain stupid, IMO.

Agreed Yelloow Since 72. Couldn''t believe what I was hearing to be honest - there''s a growing sense of entitlement in some of our fan-base.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Highland Canary"]I suspect the issue was less the flat performance against Wednesday and more that for successive years our season is heading for the buffers in August. The failure of the board/scout/manager (delete as appropriate) to address our striking inadequacies may well have already cost us two points, say, the margin between automatic promotion/playoff position. To go with what we''ve got will not only cost us a playoff spot but also see the dismantling of the squad as we struggle with the final year of parachute payments. Then it''s championship football for the foreseeable or at least until new investment is injected into the club. And to think this was all so avoidable last August. Groundhog Day indeed.[/quote]I am sure the manager, the coaching staff, the directors and the fans of Norwich City all enjoy being lectured to by someone who kept on saying ad bl**dy infinitum (if we are going to be so stupidly unaware to use Groundhog Day as an analogy...) that if we we''d only had Neil Lennon as our manager and Gary Hooper as our go-to striker we would be enjoying a settled inwards and upwards spell in the Premier League.[/quote]
[:D][:D][:D]

[quote user="PaulineFowler"]I booed. I wasn''t booing the team or Alex Neil. I was voicing my displeasure to the board for the usual cock up in the transfer window which is now starting to hurt us.[/quote]

To avoid any future confusion each seat will be allocated a series of cards. This will allow you to indicate who/what you are booing.

If you are booing The Board hold up the card with the cheeseboard on it.

If you are booing the players hold up the card with the packets of cigarettes on it.

If you are booing the coaching staff hold up the card with a bus on it.

If you are booing everything hold up the card with a picture of Highland Canary.

People are entitled to boo, we don''t want to be like Charlton and try to limit our supporters'' rights to freedom of expression.A note to the boo-boys, though – if you boo every time we fail to win a match, you won''t be taken seriously by the club. They''ll just learn that there''s an element of our fanbase that boos every time we fail to win a match. It''s like ''the boy who cried wolf'' (no relation). If, for example, we lose tomorrow night and Jerome isn''t fit to start, I fully expect more booing – but tomorrow is our last home game before the window closes, so at least the striker situation will be resolved one way or another before then.Just to put things in perspective, I booed after we lost 7-1 at home to Colchester. Even though Cody scored.

You know what Feedthewolf? I don''t think I did boo at that colchester game.
I spent most of it trying to speak to Theoklitos (I was in the lower barclay on the front row) as I really wanted to get in on the whole ''get a professional football contract without being able to play football'' thing.

@hogesar

Don''t bring up Theoklitos. A certain RVW loving poster on here will also defend him to the end of the earth at times.

[quote user="king canary"]@hogesar

Don''t bring up Theoklitos. A certain RVW loving poster on here will also defend him to the end of the earth at times.[/quote]

the same RvW who got his 2nd in 2 games for his new club at the weekend? Can you imagine the boos if he''d replaced Jerome on Saturday?!!