Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

To the fans that booed...

the worrying aspect here is those who dont think entering a long arduous championship season with ONE recognised central striker might just be a dead certain way to not get promoted.

I read Ricardo''s comment about "losing the midfield" - so are we saying our expensively assembled selection of pretty much prem midfielders needed the addition of a sixth midfielder to stop Wednesday and to do so we needed to take off our only real threat?? That is about the lowest level of expectation management possible

Make no mistake if we dont get in a striker and performances like yesterday continue the booing will be back - i booed to make my displeasure at the striker situation clear and I dont give two monkeys what the "head in sand" ostriches on this board think of that

There is almost a perfect correlation between the anti-booers on this board and the "keep Adams", "dont worry we will be safe" crowd.

The easiest thing to do is sit there and say what great fans you are but in fact you are the worst type of fans imaginable - clapping seal like whilst it is evident we are repeating mistakes from last year regarding the squad. Real fans put their heads above the parapet and make their views known despite the sanctimonious indignation of the exiles on this board

"All it takes for Evil to prevail in this world is for enough good men to do nothing."

People like the Buh (yes - he of the Neil Adams "crush") need to wake up and smell the coffee

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Indy"]In your opinion Ricardo, we should never have lost the midfield!

Naismith should have gone for Mulumbu in my opinion.[/quote]

My opinion coincides with AN''s.I rest my case.[/quote]

Not only that but Jerome was struggling - taken off with a slight injury.

This just underlines why I don''t support these boos. Uninformed, naive and ill thought.

People angry at the board - why? Is it the boards job to identify players? If anything they have been prepared to pay out the money.

So is it the scouts? Or is is the footballing committee failing to convince players they want to play here?

But you know, it''s far easier to blame the board and boo at the end of a game where some players may still be deciding to stay or not and whilst we have potential new signings in the stands . . . .

Idiotic.

I don''t agree with booing during the game however once the game is over people have every right to express their opinion whether it is booing, waving handkerchiefs, throwing cushions as was the main stand custom of yesteryear, tossing the odd sausage roll or chucking clappers and the manager.

We should remember that we are averaging ng two pints a game at present and that not losing to our likely challengers is no bad thing.

@chicken

When it comes to this sort of thing the buck stops with the board. We''ve changing out scouting set up quite a few times recently (Chester to Simmons now Darnborough) yet the same issues seem to persist.

sorry Chicken.....idiotic as it may seem, whether there are players still deciding whether they want to stay or go (if there are still any undecided now, they can go for all I care) or if there are potential signings in the stands...to be 100 days after last season finished and the only alternative striker to have on the bench is Carlton Morris , who Neil clearly didnt think was ready for the job, is simply unacceptable.

Yes Jerome possibly did have a knock...but thats not the issue, the issue was the cover on the bench, now we may have put all our eggs in one basket in McCormack but after that fell through, nobody can tell me that in the wide world of football , there isnt a striker out there ,better than Morris ,than we couldnt have signed by now who could have come on for the last 10/15 mins and carried the baton on after Jerome went off?

a failure to address a top priority this summer impacted on the outcome of the game yesterday, and we dropped points, that''s the bottom line.

[quote user="whistleblower"]the worrying aspect here is those who dont think entering a long arduous championship season with ONE recognised central striker might just be a dead certain way to not get promoted.

I read Ricardo''s comment about "losing the midfield" - so are we saying our expensively assembled selection of pretty much prem midfielders needed the addition of a sixth midfielder to stop Wednesday and to do so we needed to take off our only real threat?? That is about the lowest level of expectation management possible

Make no mistake if we dont get in a striker and performances like yesterday continue the booing will be back - i booed to make my displeasure at the striker situation clear and I dont give two monkeys what the "head in sand" ostriches on this board think of that

There is almost a perfect correlation between the anti-booers on this board and the "keep Adams", "dont worry we will be safe" crowd.

The easiest thing to do is sit there and say what great fans you are but in fact you are the worst type of fans imaginable - clapping seal like whilst it is evident we are repeating mistakes from last year regarding the squad. Real fans put their heads above the parapet and make their views known despite the sanctimonious indignation of the exiles on this board

"All it takes for Evil to prevail in this world is for enough good men to do nothing."

People like the Buh (yes - he of the Neil Adams "crush") need to wake up and smell the coffee[/quote]
So you''re the judge of who''s the better fan are you? Not only that but people who don''t boo are perpetrators of evil?  What qualifies you to be in such a lofty position? What''s wrong with "each to their own"?
I think you''re the cock who thinks he''s not just a great fan but also some sort of messiah...

It isnt the bottom line. An alternative striker "may" have made a difference, but that also largely discredits an incredibly well organised Wednesday defense. And also ignores the sparsity of actual oppertunities to score from.

In fact I would go as far as saying that unless that new striker could take a decent corner it''s doubtful we''d have got a lot more than a draw, although we may have been more comfortable about it.

But again its opinion, and again, we got a draw against last seasons play off finalists who wanted to impress they intend to go for it again this season.

It''s just more naivety to me. Expecting to win every game and when we don''t it''s because of the board and "that" player that we can''t name, because we don''t know who, but he would have won it for us.

As for the buck stops with the board - that''d be ok if you knew fore sure that the other parts of the club had done their job to pass the buck on. You don''t know. So it''s easiest to go the brainless direction and boo in no particular direction at the end of a game.

And you think it doesn''t matter, if a player doesn''t like it they can go?!!! And then moan that we haven''t signed anyone and need more squad depth?!!

The hypocracy stands out a mile.

I want our team to be the best it possibly can be, as much as anyone else but if a player visits for a game and is unimpressed by idiotic booing and decides to sign for a rival and helps them get promoted rather than us, do I get to round you lot up and boo aggressively/discontentedly at you along with anyone else that feels frustrated at your actions?

GJL, we all expect a manager that can influence a game. But when all 3 of your subs happen to be down to injury theres little you can do.

[quote user="hogesar"]GJL, we all expect a manager that can influence a game. But when all 3 of your subs happen to be down to injury theres little you can do.[/quote]

littler still when you''ve wasted a place on the bench by naming a bench filler in Morris.

Lafferty was ok for the bench last week....but seemingly not this??

@chicken

The point is it seems the other parts of the club haven''t done their job, no matter who is in the job. We''ve had three different heads of scouting/recruitment in the last three years yet our problems with transfers persist. After a while you have to start pointing the fingers at the people who make these appointments and seem to get them consistently wrong.

Also can we stop this fallacy about fans expecting to win every game? I''ve never met a single fan who has made anything near that suggestion. What they might expect though is a team who don''t go 70 minutes without a shot on target at home and a squad that doesn''t have an obvious gaping hole at one position two weeks into the season.

Don''t boo, it''s not very nice! Just clap an'' clap an'' clap an'' clap till yer palms bleed......an'' cheer an'' cheer an'' cheer an'' cheer till your vocal chords are no more.......Yeah, that''s what troo fans do......Then they patiently wait to get their tummies tickled by the appreciative board members......Yes soireeee!

How the actual feck is booing making anything clear to anyone other than you are not happy?

I''ll tell you something for nothing, it isn''t. The players wouldn''t have known and it would appear several of the booers had differsnt reasons for booing.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Don''t boo, it''s not very nice! Just clap an'' clap an'' clap an'' clap till yer palms bleed......an'' cheer an'' cheer an'' cheer an'' cheer till your vocal chords are no more.......Yeah, that''s what troo fans do......Then they patiently wait to get their tummies tickled by the appreciative board members......Yes soireeee![/quote]

Or you could boo to remind the board we need to sign a striker as they''ve clearly forgotten and have done nothing about it so far this window (fans know everything that goes on in the club remember), annoy the players walking off that have just given everything and haven''t even lost the game (bet they can''t wait to come back on Tuesday - no pressure lads!) and welcome a possible new signing with a poisonous and pathetic atmosphere to start off our new season at an embarrassing Carrow Road.

True fans indeed

Truey Truison snots, Blahs, wails, squeams and boos to counteract the wicked evil perpetrators who sit on their hands or clap. Asspashunintut.....

GJL , the obvious answer is that Morris performed better in training so replaced laffs on the bench. Alternatively, lafferty being moved on is about to be announced.

And King, its not as much of a fallacy as you think. All i can say is several fans behind me shouted such things as "we should be d*cking these!!" And various similar lines too.

Im sorry but Wednesday were play off finalists and have strengthened since, was always going to be a close game.

Can''t say I''ve ever booed but whatever takes your fancy, you pay your money and have the right to sing, support or boo!

Just the way it is, who''s to say it''s right or wrong!

I didn''t boo.....I didn''t clap until my palms bled or cheer until my vocal chords disintegrated either.......Which is why I probably didn''t get my tummy tickled by the appreciative board......Boo Hoo!

So some supporters booed at the end of the game......as they have done on many occasions at Carrow Road......It''s not the advent of Armageddon, it was a game of footy and some elements of the watching crowd vocally demonstrated their displeasure only ''after the full time whistle'' for whatever their reasons. Whether it was directed at the board, manager or the players performance, it happened. I don''t have a problem with it, that''s the way it is. Maybe the disgruntled support should just quietly leave the stadium and tug their forelocks as they vacate through the exits?

Let''s see what unfolds on Tuesday evening against Brizzle City.......If we put in a good shift everything will be rosy......If we don''t, well I expect the booing will be evident again.......I won''t boo but I won''t get upset or burst into tears if the disgruntled do boo.......

oh well....looks like Villa are about to sign Bamford to go with McCormack and Gestede......whilst we''re seemingly ushering another striker in Lafferty out of the door before we''ve brought one in.

Still, we''ve got Morris to come off (or not come off) the bench....

Oh yeah bamford would fit right in, wouldn''t he?

You''d be booing him after one game

Booooo!!!!!

not necessarily saying we should sign him......although I certainly wouldnt say no, in this league

the point is others are strengthening.....we''re not.

Dont know how Villa will play it but any combination of those 3 strikers is a real threat in this league...and if they get Bamford in his M''Bro form of 2 seasons ago he will obviously do damage.

Why shouldnt those that feel the need be granted permission to Boo ?

Whether it was directed at the board, the players or the manager were the boo''ers so wrong ?

The board have failed miserably to land their man (any man wearing no. 9)

The manager decided to tactically shore up the middle with his final substitution, when the 26.000 in attendance had watched a dire, compact stalemate in the middle of the park all afternoon

And the majority of the players had a very flat if not poor game.....evidenced by petty squabbles going on all afternoon between themselves !!

Even tho I choose not to vent my frustration directly at the final whistle I certainly wasnt in the mood to celebrate a hard earned point in a game that we really should have at least dominated the ball not spent a large part of it chasing !

@GJL

But...but...but we''re told nothing happens until after the Euros. Oh they''re over? Well there is a bottleneck in the market and nobody will sign people until the Premier League squads are sorted? But others are making the signings they need.

Just watch the excuses flow...

Any football team that plays 90 mins without creating a single scoring chance deserves to be booed , the team were shit end of .As for Bamford , great signing at this level as he showed with Boro , Villa showing its really not that hard to sign strikers if you have the ambition to do so and pay the going rate.What we may need more than anything else is a manager that knows what hes doing , Wednesday looked more organised than us in every department .

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="whistleblower"]the worrying aspect here is those who dont think entering a long arduous championship season with ONE recognised central striker might just be a dead certain way to not get promoted.

People like the Buh (yes - he of the Neil Adams "crush") need to wake up and smell the coffee[/quote]
So you''re the judge of who''s the better fan are you? Not only that but people who don''t boo are perpetrators of evil?  What qualifies you to be in such a lofty position? What''s wrong with "each to their own"?
I think you''re the cock who thinks he''s not just a great fan but also some sort of messiah...
[/quote]

Nutty

During my infrequent visits to this board I have always considered your contributions some of the least valuable and lacking in any tangible insight.

The quotation given isn''t meant to be taken literally in this context it is a metaphor for the need for action (rather than idleness) to prevent negative outcomes

Nice to see a bit or personal abuse - how mature!

We had a shed load of corners and nothing materialised not even a near miss or their keeper having to pull of a string of exceptional saves........BOOOOOO! Sack the screen!