Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

To the fans that booed...

Usually when we boo at the end of a match I agree with it, not today though. They''re a really good Championship team who parked the bus and frustrated us for the whole game.

Brady clearly wasn''t match fit, Jerome/Murphey had poor individual games and Hoolahan has one of his nearly games where all of his passes were just one yard too short so we suffered. .

We were brittle at home lat time we went up and I still think we look a better side than last time so I''m not worried.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]"I just don''t believe any are a good enough reason to boo your own team"

you''ve once again used this line though??......to which I''ll say again, I dont think anyone was booing the "team"[/quote]

Ok ok. I don''t believe any are a good enough reason to boo at the end of a match.

Booing is counterproductive. The board weren''t listening thinking "ooh, listen to that booing, we better buy a striker now". It doesn''t fire up a team that will be back in 3 days time and they wouldn''t have all been walking off thinking "that''s ok, theyre not booing me, they''re all booing the board and the fact we don''t have another striker".

What it did achieve was making the fans look stupid on national tv. Booing on the first home game of the season after a 0-0 draw.

Booing, as always, is your right. However, you make yourelf look a right idiot when you do it too readily.  Booing - to have any effect - needs to be the reaction of last resort, not just some expression of your dis-satisfaction because things aren''t quite how you want them.

[quote user="Kurious Oranj"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]"I just don''t believe any are a good enough reason to boo your own team"

you''ve once again used this line though??......to which I''ll say again, I dont think anyone was booing the "team"[/quote]

Ok ok. I don''t believe any are a good enough reason to boo at the end of a match.

Booing is counterproductive. The board weren''t listening thinking "ooh, listen to that booing, we better buy a striker now". It doesn''t fire up a team that will be back in 3 days time and they wouldn''t have all been walking off thinking "that''s ok, theyre not booing me, they''re all booing the board and the fact we don''t have another striker".

What it did achieve was making the fans look stupid on national tv. Booing on the first home game of the season after a 0-0 draw.[/quote]

I''m not sure what other more appropriate avenue would be available for fans to voice their discontent other than being at an actual football match.....its not as if people were doing during the game...they at least did it afterwards.

remember too, that we''re hardly coming off the back of a successful season here, I think the players and manager had a reasonably smooth ride from the fans at the end of last season considering our relegation....we have virtually the same set of "Premier League" players that were here last season, so I think people should expect better than today, from players and managment.

It''s perhaps too early to judge, but we''ll need to see a huge improvement in our standard of play for the new coach to be judged a success. Today we kept giving the ball away, lacked fluidity and cohesiveness, and seemed a bit like a team that had only just been assembled.Alan Irvine isn''t exactly renowned for good football, so I find it hard to see us making any progress on the pitch if today was taster of what''s to come.

Sorry any fan that isnt shocked to see our team finish with no striker on the pitch for last third of game should the ones being ashamed!

This is after all meant to be entertainment and I think crowd deserve better than this . Beginning to think AN hasnt a clue messed up last summer , now going down same path , could make another team out of midfield squad!

Squad needed real refresh not tinkering with

The very few boos were through disappointment at the result. People are frustrated that we still need a striker but frustrations like that rarely cause booing after games. For instance Hull fans are more frustrated than ours but they didn''t boo at the end of their game. And I absolutely guarantee that if we''d won 1-0 through a ridiculous own goal there would have been no booing. Even though the frustrations would still have been there.
Expectations are really high this season and when expectations are high the booing threshold is easily reached. Maybe not a bad thing but the threshold will be even lower on Tuesday....

Does not matter if it''s the first home game or lady home game that kind of pathetic performance deserved a few boos and rightly got it. The manager is on thin ice and needs to be made aware of it. His tactics and ability to motivate the team today were both hugely lacking. The board also need to be made aware that we will not be fobbed off with this pathetic striker situation.

The booing cut off really quickly once because the people doing it realised how f&@@ing stupid they are it was quite funny. The boo didn''t trail off it stopped dead. I''d give that boo a 4/10, try harder boo-squad

[quote user="Ian"]IMO anyone who booed at the end today needs to get a serious reality check and stop behaving like a spoilt child. Sad.[/quote]

Spot on Ian 👍. Generally very proud of the brilliant support at our club but ashamed to be in any way associated with these spoilt little brats - we are not a club in a major crisis, infact in any sort of crisis, it''s just totally embarrassing beyond words!

Exactly Lincoln!!

We have a decent squad at this level but theres not a massive difference between us and Wednesday. Some fans seem to think we should be beating every team in this league (as evidenced by fans behind me in the lower barclay shouting as such)

The "wheres the striker gone" is the most cringe worthy chant ive heard. Only about 50 getting in on it and im guessing they were last to leave as im fairly sure the concept of stairs would have confused the f*ck out of them.

Nail head there hogesar - some people expect us to steamroller everyone in this division, which is just ludicrous and sums up how unrealistic some peoples'' expectations are.

Wednesday were always going to be a tough nut to crack, playoff finalists last season don''t tend to roll over easily. Couple this with a sub-par performance from most of our players, and injuries limiting Neil''s ability to change things up, and we ended up struggling to break them down.

But, we didn''t lose the game or even concede a goal. Genuinely surprised and disgusted by the booing at the final whistle.

Anyone would think we are in Newcastle''s position...

[quote user="Ian"]Nail head there hogesar - some people expect us to steamroller everyone in this division, which is just ludicrous and sums up how unrealistic some peoples'' expectations are.

Wednesday were always going to be a tough nut to crack, playoff finalists last season don''t tend to roll over easily. Couple this with a sub-par performance from most of our players, and injuries limiting Neil''s ability to change things up, and we ended up struggling to break them down.

But, we didn''t lose the game or even concede a goal. Genuinely surprised and disgusted by the booing at the final whistle.

Anyone would think we are in Newcastle''s position...[/quote]

We''ve had how many seasons of Premiership money by this point and yet we still struggle to beat teams in the Chumps. THAT''s why people are booing. Where''s all the money gone, because on the basis of yesterday it certainly hasn''t gone into building a clinical football team.

I''m not pro-booing, and I''m not anti-booing re: yesterday. The performance was crap and I can understand why people are frustrated, not just just with that, but with the striker situ etc.

The one point I will make, is we had a prospective signing sitting in the directors box, who having just watched a shower of a performance, then sees our fans booing at the end of the first home game of the season. The performance won''t have encouraged him, but coming to a place with such a fickle atmosphere probably won''t have either. I''m sure, as ever, that money will speak the loudest in this situ, but probably not a great first impression to give from the team, nor the fans.

[quote user="kick it off"]I''m not pro-booing, and I''m not anti-booing re: yesterday. The performance was crap and I can understand why people are frustrated, not just just with that, but with the striker situ etc.

The one point I will make, is we had a prospective signing sitting in the directors box, who having just watched a shower of a performance, then sees our fans booing at the end of the first home game of the season. The performance won''t have encouraged him, but coming to a place with such a fickle atmosphere probably won''t have either. I''m sure, as ever, that money will speak the loudest in this situ, but probably not a great first impression to give from the team, nor the fans.[/quote]

Exactly this. It''s not that I don''t agree with the dissatisfaction around the striker situation, although the above post about all the prem money meaning we should be beating championship clubs is ridiculous (you really need a reality check), but booing no matter who it''s aimed at is heard by all including those outside the club (prospective players/other fans/media) and I hate to think of my club being portrayed as having fickle, ungrateful spoilt fans.

Okay booing is pathetic. I remember booing after watching a similar type game at the Nou Camp between Barca and Villareal with same result. Yes it was a stag weekend, yes I was p*ssed but it really seemed to be turgid stuff. The locals reacted like many on this thread and for a few seconds I feared for my safety. However it was explained to me that if you wanted to show dissatisfaction at the Nou Camp, you wave white hankies not boo! Maybe if everyone did that at Carrow Road we''d be able to discuss the situation more sensibly. Or maybe those booing were just p*ssed like I was in Barca.

There''s always the view from some fans that being in the championship is far more enjoyable as we win more games. I completely disagree.

1) Several teams will just put everybody behind the ball and be happy with a point. I think Wednesday had an organised plan and weren''t entirely "park the bus" but they would have been delighted with a point. This approach from teams this season will produce some very frustrating and dull games for us.

2) Some sections of the support think we should win every game and resort to moaning and booing. Pathetic. I''m not saying booing is always wrong, for example if the team didn''t look at all interested, but yesterday was just us being a bit flat.

And 3) if we don''t actually win a lot of games than being mid table in the Chsmpionship isn''t all that great. Especially when you''re in the league for several years a la Ipswich.

Basically what I''m trying to get at is that some of the fan base have very high expectations this season and they''re not always going to be fulfilled.

the team we started with yesterday was pretty much the same as we ended last season with in the Premier League......now imagine that we''d have stayed up and Sheff Weds had won the playoff final.

If we''d have played them in our first home match and drew 0-0 , would would have been happy with that result??

I dont see it as being much different here. Wednesday were ordinary,and if theyre one of the better teams in this league , then providing we SIGN A STRIKER I think we should be more than o.k.

As I said....we''re not coming off the back of a successful season just gone.....it would be unrealistic to think that fans wont have any carry over of ill feeling towards players/manager from last season.

They dont have a huge amount of credits in the bank to make themselves immune should some bad results occur.

I read some strange stuff on here but fans carrying over ill feeling towards players/manager from one season to the next. Really? Does anybody identify with that? 

We''re going to lose games this season, some people need to accept that fast.

We do need a striker, and if we don''t get one in than the board have failed. But booing the players won''t help.

It may take a while to find our feet this season. Brady has barely played, and Pritchard is new. These two players are likely to be key to our chances of promotion. Hopefully Brady stays and knuckles down.

This league is strong. Look at sheff wed, they fielded 4 different strikers yesterday. Brighton have a terrific squad too, and both these clubs are riding on a bit of a crest at the minute.

We need to remain solid for the first 5-10 games, try to remain unbeaten or lose as few as possible, then look to find some form and start to express our selves.

Regardless of the quality, this team got used to not winning last season - and that''s not something that just disappears. We need to eradicate it slowly. Building form takes time, and that''s exactly what we''re doing right now. Very important we don''t lose many, keep the pts ticking over.

I do not expect us to steamroller every team at this level but I do expect a team of players who (in virtually all cases) have played together many times before to produce a better, more coherent display than that, to retain the ball better and to play with some genuine intensity. I also expect a manager who can just occasionally influence games with tactical changes and substitutions during the course of games and I expect the board to supply the manager with a squad which enables the manager to do so. None of these things were evident yesterday so I don''t blame the fans for expressing their frustration. We go again on Tuesday. If they play well I will praise the performance, if they play badly I will also say so.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]I do not expect us to steamroller every team at this level but I do expect a team of players who (in virtually all cases) have played together many times before to produce a better, more coherent display than that, to retain the ball better and to play with some genuine intensity. I also expect a manager who can just occasionally influence games with tactical changes and substitutions during the course of games and I expect the board to supply the manager with a squad which enables the manager to do so. None of these things were evident yesterday so I don''t blame the fans for expressing their frustration. We go again on Tuesday. If they play well I will praise the performance, if they play badly I will also say so.[/quote]

yet, according to Nutty Nigel, we''re all supposed to turn up as if its day one for this squad of players and manager and that there is no back history and everybody''s starting from scratch?!?

what a world that would be.....

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Jim Smith"]I do not expect us to steamroller every team at this level but I do expect a team of players who (in virtually all cases) have played together many times before to produce a better, more coherent display than that, to retain the ball better and to play with some genuine intensity. I also expect a manager who can just occasionally influence games with tactical changes and substitutions during the course of games and I expect the board to supply the manager with a squad which enables the manager to do so. None of these things were evident yesterday so I don''t blame the fans for expressing their frustration. We go again on Tuesday. If they play well I will praise the performance, if they play badly I will also say so.[/quote]

yet, according to Nutty Nigel, we''re all supposed to turn up as if its day one for this squad of players and manager and that there is no back history and everybody''s starting from scratch?!?

what a world that would be.....[/quote]
It''s just alien to me buddy. I can''t imagine going to support my team with an agenda from the previous game let alone the previous season. So I found the concept surprising. Still, each to their own.

really?.....so, yo dont think that how club finishes one season bares any correlation to the attitude around a club to how it starts the next......particularly when the previous one has ended badly, or worse it relegation.

We''ve seen many a manager given the chance to start a new season after ending one badly, but then subsequenty lose their job if the next one doesnt start well after a few games

That wouldnt happen if the slate was wiped completely clean over a summer and it would be naive to not think that?

In our own case, Alex Neil doesnt have a "free shot" at this season,given the squad we have, if we''re half way/two thirds of the way down the table come Novemeber, we all know full well what the inquests will be.

Why do you keep adding bits to my posts? I know I can get a bit muddled at times but my opinion here is quite clear. Try being a bit less angry. Like I said "it''s alien to me but each to their own".