Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

To the fans that booed...

I have to agree no need for booing, but it wasn''t disgraceful, it was frustration to the bullshit transfer window again and Mulumbu on for Jerome, from the mutterings around us in the lower Barclay.

well clearly , had we had won the game people wouldnt have booed.

but as I said once our striker situation starts to impact on our results , as it did today, then of course people will.

We were left in a situation where Jerome had presumably given all he could and we clearly had no satisfactory alternatives on the bench which resulted in the substitution that was made.

If we''re now presumably taking Lafferty out of the equation, in a summer where we needed to strengthen our striking department, we have actually lost 3 , in Mbokani,RVW and Lafferty, without adding any.....not acceptable when the lack of activity last summer was widely regarded by all concerned to be a major factor as to why we went down.

Moreso when we are now told that we have all the correct scouting and recruitment systems in place now?

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Shocking that so called fans boo their team at the end of the first game at home, not even Newcastle fans would stoop to that level. Was a poor performance, SW tactically slowed the game down and frustrated and looked capable of causing us problems, they had more strikers than us, but couldn''t score, no need for boo''s, pretty sh8t i''m afraid.[/quote]

you obviously havent heard the Newcastle fans at the final whistle of their game today???

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Shocking that so called fans boo their team at the end of the first game at home, not even Newcastle fans would stoop to that level. Was a poor performance, SW tactically slowed the game down and frustrated and looked capable of causing us problems, they had more strikers than us, but couldn''t score, no need for boo''s, pretty sh8t i''m afraid.[/quote]

It''s also sad to see some on here defending those that booed. I simply don''t get it. I have never booed the team at a game and to hear it at the first home game was shocking and disappointing. I understand fans frustrations, I am frustrated too but no matter how angry, frustrated, disappointed I am with having not bought a striker or some parts of today''s performance, booing just degrades us and the club.

Was you at the game today? Just before the end the Barclay were singing about strikers, aimed at the board not the team, I don''t believe anyone was booing the team, but the club custodians.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]well clearly , had we had won the game people wouldnt have booed.

but as I said once our striker situation starts to impact on our results , as it did today, then of course people will.

We were left in a situation where Jerome had presumably given all he could and we clearly had no satisfactory alternatives on the bench which resulted in the substitution that was made.

If we''re now presumably taking Lafferty out of the equation, in a summer where we needed to strengthen our striking department, we have actually lost 3 , in Mbokani,RVW and Lafferty, without adding any.....not acceptable when the lack of activity last summer was widely regarded by all concerned to be a major factor as to why we went down.

Moreso when we are now told that we have all the correct scouting and recruitment systems in place now?[/quote]

I agree we should have brought in someone by now. But I simply don''t see what booing achieves? You''re dissatisfied? Fine, be dissatisfied, but why do it to a group of players that (no matter what else) did work hard, tried their best to win the game and have no influence on transfers. It''s not going to make the board work any harder. It''s not going to get AN to bang on about it anymore than he already is. All it achieved is to give the media something to talk about in an otherwise unremarkable match and portray the club in a poor light.

[quote user="Kurious Oranj"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]well clearly , had we had won the game people wouldnt have booed.

Moreso when we are now told that we have all the correct scouting and recruitment systems in place now?[/quote]

I agree we should have brought in someone by now. But I simply don''t see what booing achieves? You''re dissatisfied? Fine, be dissatisfied, but why do it to a group of players that (no matter what else) did work hard, tried their best to win the game and have no influence on transfers. It''s not going to make the board work any harder. It''s not going to get AN to bang on about it anymore than he already is. All it achieved is to give the media something to talk about in an otherwise unremarkable match and portray the club in a poor light.[/quote]

yes but you''re once again assuming that the booing was directed at the players......which I dont believe it was.

I suspect it was more a combination of the board and the manager

Mulumbu for Jerome was the correct move. We had lost the midfield and could easily have lost a goal had AN not shored things up.

In your opinion Ricardo, we should never have lost the midfield!

Naismith should have gone for Mulumbu in my opinion.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Kurious Oranj"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]well clearly , had we had won the game people wouldnt have booed.

I agree we should have brought in someone by now. But I simply don''t see what booing achieves? You''re dissatisfied? Fine, be dissatisfied, but why do it to a group of players that (no matter what else) did work hard, tried their best to win the game and have no influence on transfers. It''s not going to make the board work any harder. It''s not going to get AN to bang on about it anymore than he already is. All it achieved is to give the media something to talk about in an otherwise unremarkable match and portray the club in a poor light.[/quote]

yes but you''re once again assuming that the booing was directed at the players......which I dont believe it was.

I suspect it was more a combination of the board and the manager[/quote]

I''m not assuming that. I''m sure a lot of people were booing the board etc. What I''m saying is no matter what the reason, to do it at the first home game of the season was unacceptable.

...admittedly Neil''s options were shortened by the enforced substitutions of Olsson and Ruddy, but having a fresh striker to come off the bench to inject new legs would have still given us a better chance of winning the game than what we actually did do with Mulumbu.

I simply can''t have that Lafferty couldnt have been on the bench today to come on for Jertome with 10 mins to go.

He was deemed good enough to be on the bench last weekend ....but not this?....If Carlton Morris was ''really'' thought a better option he would surely have been brought on then?

If this was Alex Neil''s way of sending a message to the board, I''d rather it not be done in a way to jeopardise results.

[quote user="Indy"]In your opinion Ricardo, we should never have lost the midfield!

Naismith should have gone for Mulumbu in my opinion.[/quote]

My opinion coincides with AN''s.I rest my case.

IMO anyone who booed at the end today needs to get a serious reality check and stop behaving like a spoilt child. Sad.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Indy"]In your opinion Ricardo, we should never have lost the midfield!

My opinion coincides with AN''s.I rest my case.[/quote]

Alex Neil just drew 0-0 at home to Sheff Weds without having a shot on target

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Indy"]In your opinion Ricardo, we should never have lost the midfield!

My opinion coincides with AN''s.I rest my case.[/quote]

Does that make it right?

First home game and finish without an out and out striker? We had 5 midfielders on the pitch and you say we were losing it! That''s a tad concerning Ricardo! Our premiership midfield outclassed by four Sheffield Weds players!

As soon as Mulumbu came on, Howson was able to push forward and influence the game and we looked more coherent. For me, it was the obvious move given we only had a single tactical substitute available today.

It was a poor old performance overall today, but a clean sheet against a decent team, and still undefeated. As a top manager used to say, if you can''t win a game, make sure you don''t lose it.

Ridiculous and laughable to boo.

"Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd" I love when part time supporters attend a match in real life and get upset about crowd reaction !! 😂😂😂😂😂

Priceless .. T*sser"

Didn''t realise you know me personally and how often I attend games. Anyway, hi, how''re you? I''m glad I''ve made you laugh. One thing, next time you want to boo at a match (if you even go) can you just think of this priceless moment from this t*sser and laugh instead. Cheers.

...whilst I would never turn my nose up at a quality player....we can add Pritchard to that list of 5 midfielders.

On the face of what was seen today, spending £8m?? on another attacking midfielder was the last thing needed at the moment.

If we done some research, im confident that those booing will also be the least intelligent of our fanbase.

[quote user="Kurious Oranj"]"Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd" I love when part time supporters attend a match in real life and get upset about crowd reaction !! 😂😂😂😂😂

Priceless .. T*sser"

Didn''t realise you know me personally and how often I attend games. Anyway, hi, how''re you? I''m glad I''ve made you laugh. One thing, next time you want to boo at a match (if you even go) can you just think of this priceless moment from this t*sser and laugh instead. Cheers.[/quote]

#

yet you seem to know the motives and reasons behind each and every person who did boo today?........or seemingly don''t want to know when some of the possible reasons are put forward??

[quote user="hogesar"]If we done some research, im confident that those booing will also be the least intelligent of our fanbase.[/quote]If we done some research...... LOL

''Howson was able to ...........influence the game...........''

Well that is a bold statement!

I hadn''t realised he was on the pitch.......

.......either half.......

Perhaps a trip to your favourite opticians might be in order then? Didn''t he make that goal-saving clearance too?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"][quote user="Kurious Oranj"]"Barclay seats 48/49 the 3rd" I love when part time supporters attend a match in real life and get upset about crowd reaction !! 😂😂😂😂😂

Priceless .. T*sser"

Didn''t realise you know me personally and how often I attend games. Anyway, hi, how''re you? I''m glad I''ve made you laugh. One thing, next time you want to boo at a match (if you even go) can you just think of this priceless moment from this t*sser and laugh instead. Cheers.[/quote]

#

yet you seem to know the motives and reasons behind each and every person who did boo today?........or seemingly don''t want to know when some of the possible reasons are put forward??[/quote]

What? How many times do I have to say I don''t care what the reasons and motives behind the boos was? And yes (I''ll say it again) whatever the reasons, I don''t agree with it. It was the first game at home this season and it''s wrong to boo. No matter who it''s aimed at, it was heard by all and portrays the club in a bad light. I''m listening to and have replied about the possible reasons, I just don''t believe any are a good enough reason to boo your own team. I don''t consider those people supporters.

i think any booing was justifiedwe lacked width, had no final product, and any other team that wants to know how to either draw or beat us at carrow road now knows all they have to do is follow wednesdays recipe, and believe me there will be more physically capable park the bus negative opposition than them that will visit carrow road this season

4/10

play players in their natural positions, pick a balanced team not the best players

indeed, it does seem hat some of the bad habits of square pegs in round holes of last season could once again become a problem. Also signs of shorehorning players in aswell.

Brady coming in on the left upset the balance with Hoolahan having to move to the right.

The signing of Pritchard could confuse matters still.

It does look like Neil will favour a narrow ,interchangable 3 behind Jerome , which if it comes off, will hurt teams.

But as teams learn to nulify that, genuine width and pace will be required......hope Canos can offer this ???

[quote user="ricardo"]Mulumbu for Jerome was the correct move. We had lost the midfield and could easily have lost a goal had AN not shored things up.[/quote]

Finally some sense. Thanks Ricardo, I thought I was going mad. I''m as frustrated as the boo-boys at the lack of a striker, but AN can only work with what he''s got. This was the absolute right substitution, and the only one he could make to try and stop the flow towards our goal at that point in the game. We looked like we were going to concede at this point, we were losing the midfield battle and Mulumbu was the obvious choice, to get a foot in and break up their play. This I think he actually did very well, making 4-5 good interceptions and getting us moving again. It resulted in a couple of chances too which had looked a mile off 10 minutes before, without the ball. Surely bringing off Jerome, who had spent the whole half offside and just wasn''t having a great afternoon, was the best choice. Naismith for me had looked the best of our forward players and probably the most likely to snatch a goal or set someone up. Therefore push him up and see out the game. I think personally that the sub earned us a point today. As AN said post match - there is no point bringing on a striker if you haven''t got the ball.

Booing was ridiculous. Everyone knows, including AN and the board, that we are very short up front, but today with the resources available we got a decent point against a good team, without playing very well.