Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

To the fans that booed...

You''re a disgrace.

Now leaving the ground and the reaction at the final whistle was pathetic. Yes the game was poor but come on.. First home game of the season and that''s the ''support'' our players hear.

Yes you pay your money blah blah blah. Pathetic excuse for a pathetic action. Go and support someone else.

It''s a bit like running to the technical area and tearing up your season ticket. Five games later you could look a bit stupid.

Perhaps they should look up the meaning of the word supporter.

Think it was frustration aimed at the board for yet more failure in the transfer window. To get to the second game of the season and only have Jerome is frankly pathetic

[quote user="JF"]Think it was frustration aimed at the board for yet more failure in the transfer window. To get to the second game of the season and only have Jerome is frankly pathetic[/quote]

That''s no excuse for booing at the first home game of the season. Embarrassing to be a city fan hearing that.

[quote user="yellowfever"]to the OP - Totally reasonable reaction - you want to support a bang average side - you go support another club.[/quote]

Err it''s one game. We certainly weren''t ''bang average'' last week...or were we? You seem to know it all.

Do we boo every time we have an off game/come up against a very organised defensive side? I''d hate to have your ''supporting'' principles.

And I''m fine being a NCFC ''supporter'' thanks unlike what you are

for booing at the first home game of the season. Embarrassing to be a city fan hearing that.

It''s embarrassing to have to bring on Mulumbu for Jerome in a home match as there are no other viable options.

It''s frustration from the fact we''ve (for the second season running) not addrsssed the glaring hole in our squad before the season.

The booing was odd. Really doesn''t help the team or management. Get a grip people. Yes a win would have been good, but SW are a decent team and will be top six; a draw is OK.

But, having said that, we really do need that striker.

Booing? You sad bunch of c****. Totally ashamed of you wankers. Some quality in the final third at times, predominantly the first half, but Wednesday worked very very hard throughout the game and deserved their point - credit where''s credit due after all. We can win this league but don''t expect results against our toughest opponents to always go our way - if you think that then you''ve just told me you only started following football yesterday.

Do some fans really think the board don''t realise we need to buy a striker???

The amount of times I heard people shout ''buy a striker!'' ''That''s why we need a striker'' etc..was ridiculous. If we get to the end of the window without a new striker then fine (though booing still unacceptable imo) but there''s 2 weeks to go and I''m confident work is being done on it.

Got a right to boo when we like ,players not giving their all should expect it ,but it''s mainly frustration that we have been looking for a striker since summer 2015 that has to be a record ,just hope we don''t sign in haste now to please the fans ''re rvw.

Kurious Oranj wrote the following post at 13/08/2016 7:56 PM:

Do some fans really think the board don''t realise we need to buy a striker???

The amount of times I heard people shout ''buy a striker!'' ''That''s why we need a striker'' etc..was ridiculous. If we get to the end of the window without a new striker then fine (though booing still unacceptable imo) but there''s 2 weeks to go and I''m confident work is being done on it.

Lol! If we get to the end of the window and there is still no striker I would imagine there will be a lot more unrest than a little bit of booing

Decent opposition has highlighted the fact that we''ve failed to progress. It''s not solely the way we play, it''s also the limited scouting and

subsequent failure to strengthen that''s worrying a lot of fans.Unless improvements are made then we''ll just keep repeating the same mistakes.

By September 1st we will have played 5 games. It is sheer negligence that we''ve come to this point with an out of form Jerome, an untried Morris and an unfancied Lafferty. I''m sure the board know we need a striker but they''ve utterly failed to address it while our rivals have.

If you manage 1 shot on target all game at home and end with six midfielders on the pitch fans are liable to be pissed off. I didn''t boo but can understand those who did.

It was hard last time in the champs to win the home games, teams just come and sit in. It''ll be no different this time even with a new striker or two, fans need to show some patience not make the situation harder.

Fans have every right to boo. Particularly after a performance like that. Just a shame that on the other side of the coin, the introverted inbreds who fill the river end, city stand, and jarrold stand can''t bring themselves to get behind the team, find a bit of passion, hell, maybe even go nuts and sing the odd song now and again!

Booing was an absolute joke around me in the Barclay today.

Drew and kept a clean sheet against a team that''ll be challenging this year. We didnt perform well but didnt warrant that.

There was no need to boo but it''s expected from certain members of our support

I don''t understand why people felt the need to boo today. It must have come from the section of the crowd that couldn''t see the spectacular spinny screen.

does the OP presume to know the reason behind the boos??.....because I suspect it wasnt to do with the performance....more that we took off a striker and replaced him with a defensiive midfielder. I think people have every right to vent their frustration when after nearly 100 days since the end of last season ,we are in a position where Carlton Morris is the only alternative on the bench (although in my opinion it is a disgrace that Lafferty wasnt there).

The club can get away with this when a poor side like Blackburn is put away as they were last week but when the situation starts impacting on results ,as it did today, then people are going to show discontent.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]does the OP presume to know the reason behind the boos??.....because I suspect it wasnt to do with the performance....more that we took off a striker and replaced him with a defensiive midfielder. I think people have every right to vent their frustration when after nearly 100 days since the end of last season ,we are in a position where Carlton Morris is the only alternative on the bench (although in my opinion it is a disgrace that Lafferty wasnt there).

The club can get away with this when a poor side like Blackburn is put away as they were last week but when the situation starts impacting on results ,as it did today, then people are going to show discontent.[/quote]

No I don''t presume to know the reason for the boos. I also don''t presume to care the reason for the boos. Whatever the reasons, it was stupid and embarrassing.

Definitely frustration. Watching the match on Sky the moment Jerome went off and left Naismith on his own up front we lacked any kind of momentum or penetration, Naismith was dropping too deep and by the time our midfield line had taken up position on the edge of their box Weds had every man behind the ball.

If we''d had a pacey finisher to bring on and we''d finished strongly, no boos. But for the last 10 mins we were more likely to concede than score ourselves.

The fact that Lafferty isn''t even on the bench warrants some discord IMHO. We had nothing to lose by throwing him on, putting Mulumbu on was basically settling for a point. At home. 2nd game of the season. Unacceptable.

This thread 😂, are you a customer not getting your monies worth, or a SUPPORTER that knows we''ll win more this season than we lose whilst allowing for the fact that not every game will go our way?

Booing - it''s what geriatric old ladies do at panto you spineless w@nks 😂

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]so ,you dont know the reason for the boos...but are going to criticise those who did it???[/quote]

Yup.

Whatever the reason, booing at the first home game of the season is not acceptable imo.

If we''d won the game, would the fans have still booed because they''re frustrated with the board about our striker situation? Did/should the away fans boo last week because we hadn''t sorted it out before the start of the season?

SW showed what most teams coming to CR will do this season. They will be one of the best at it and will be up there come the end of the season. They were well organised, quick to close down and decent on the break. We had little spells but were too sloppy in passing and not creative enough in the final third. However we didn''t lose the game, defensively we looked solid, Klose looked commanding, Naismith was a nuisance, Tettey had a good game and signs are Brady will stay...and looks up for the championship battle.

On the negative side, big question marks on Murphy, out of position too often and a little lightweight. Jeromes form is an issue (I think we may need another striker - someone let the board know) and we didn''t create enough or find new ways to get through a very well organised opposition once plan a didn''t work.

All in all, I don''t see any reason there for booing. I''ll say again, it was disgraceful.

Shocking that so called fans boo their team at the end of the first game at home, not even Newcastle fans would stoop to that level. Was a poor performance, SW tactically slowed the game down and frustrated and looked capable of causing us problems, they had more strikers than us, but couldn''t score, no need for boo''s, pretty sh8t i''m afraid.