Sign in to follow this  
Smeg

Big Screen at carrow road, EMail from club

not sure it actually effects me, as i can see the whole corner from my riverend seat, but i''ve just received this:

For our first home Sky Bet Championship match of the season on Saturday against Sheffield Wednesday, we are delighted to introduce the new big screen at Carrow Road.

The innovative screen is part of our on-going commitment to enhancing the matchday experience for as many of our fans as possible - and we have also introduced more than 60 new small screens into concourse areas for the enjoyment of supporters throughout the stadium.

Due to the very tight and restrictive configuration of Carrow Road and after careful consideration the big screen has had to be situated in the corner between the South Stand and the Barclay Stand, to the rear of the Holiday Inn Hotel – there is no other place that we can realistically place it.

While this offers great views of the screen to the vast majority of supporters around the stadium, it does mean that some seats will have a partially or totally obscured view of the screen. Unfortunately your seat is one of those which may be affected during the pre-match show.

However, we have invested in the first rotating big screen in world football and this means we will be pleased to be able to present replays of Norwich goals to fans seated in your area during the game.

We remain committed to continual improvement of the Carrow Road matchday atmosphere and experience and hope the big screen will help play a part in achieving this objective. We will closely review the video presentation both in the concourses and in pitch-facing areas of the stadium to ensure we do the best we can for our loyal supporters.

Thanks for your understanding and your continuing support.

Norwich City Football Club

The FIRST ROTATING big screen in the world?

Man Utd, Barcelona, Man City, Real Madrid, Chelsea - who are ya?!?!

I have a strong suspicion that "rotating" doesn''t refer to it moving round to face different stands, but rather it means it can rotate to a vertical position when not in use, to appease the hotel by not totally blocking out some of their windows.

Landscape when showing video, live feeds etc, and then rotates back to portrait during the match, wont show live action, when game in play I believe it is just going to have 2 teams line ups on display.

Believe it be same size as most screens at football grounds, just more modern so less bulk around than the likes of Blackburn last week, don''t know the dimensions, but big enough.

Led to believe the club are posting some video content around 5.00pm, no idea what the content is, but think it may show the screen in action, but have no knowledge on what the content is to be.

All big screens just show line ups during the game. They are prohibited from showing highlights and dubious moments as a rule I believe.

King Klose

All big screens just show line ups during the game. They are prohibited from showing highlights and dubious moments as a rule I believe.

They can show live highlights, but not replays of refereeing decisions, or anything that is potentially contentious, if anyone was at Blackburn last week would have seen the match showing on the screen, but no replays (other than their goal), same at villa they follow the action, whereas West Ham just show the line ups.

Got to say its a bit underwhelming size wise. (Story of my life!😂)

[quote user="kick it off"]I have a strong suspicion that "rotating" doesn''t refer to it moving round to face different stands, but rather it means it can rotate to a vertical position when not in use, to appease the hotel by not totally blocking out some of their windows.[/quote]

My Sister is staying at the Holiday Inn tonight and confirms it does rotate, she has taken a look at it,

I am in the upper Barclay next to snakepit so don''t expect to see much of it tomorrow

[quote user="lake district canary"]I hope it rotates 360 degrees so those in the hotel can see at least half the match.....[/quote]

This rotating lark could come in handy if we''re having a mare. They could have the back of the screen facing the pitch [;)]

My s/t is in the middle of the upper Barclay and I''ve had the same email, presumably I''ll be able to see some of the screen but not all. I''m there to watch the game not a tv screen, so not bothered, but will be able to see what the fuss is about tomorrow as I''m in the Coffee Stand with my lads.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard "]Did anything get shown on the big screen tonight then? I''m in the Upper Barclay, can''t see the front of it & it didn''t notice it rotate...[/quote]

Nope just two minutes at half time of the highlights, but never played any replays during the 90 minutes, at least I didn''t see anything on it other than the team line ups.

It''s really naff looks like a motorway traffic info sign!

I sit in the lower river end, I found the screen is pointless. Its too small to be able to read the squad text so was unable to know who was playing, think it would be better if it was in the vertical possession filtering between the 2 teams for the line ups. and rotate to landscape for highlights and stats. I did see 1 highlight shown during the match of murphy elbowing their keeper. Which surprised me as didn''t think clubs could show replays. just feel it would be better twice the size.

Couldn''t read the team names from where I was in the City Stand, but had to laugh when I saw the screen go round like a windmill to the upright position.  Stupidly, for some reason I thought the rotation of the screen would be to the left and right to aim at other parts of the ground, not up and down.  Quite what advantage the windmill effect has, I really don''t know. 

I could see it quite clearly from the South Stand and liked it, thought it was clear and the colour was good. They had the team line ups up for most of the game, then some highlights

I''m in Upper River end. Couldn''t read the text and couldn''t really see the few highlights shown other than when they zoomed in. Seems too small and therefore a bit pointless

when they said big screen in front of hotel i thought it would be massive 3 times the size of what they have

why ever didn''t they just put two screens on top of the barclay and riverend so everbody in the ground can see the screens like white hart lane