Sign in to follow this  
south stand corner terrace

12.36am and i am back from Luton

Tonights first half performance at kenilworth road this evening has got to be one of the woest performances i have seen as a norwich supporter and having watched them for 26 years i''ve seen a few

Worthington was booed at half time and it was loud, but this must of been due to the low roof on the stand we were in.  Im not one for booing players or mangers but tonight really took the biscuit.

Whatever he said at half time seemed to work as we clawed 2 goals back, with a more spirited display.  I know a team shouldnt be based around one player but god how much are we missing safri.  Huckerby works hard on the wing but everyone now seems to know what he is going to do when he gets the ball.  Charlton looked out of place and i cant comment on the defence in the first half either.

We have to realise that you dont just play football for 45 minutes it is a 90 minute game and on the night we were beaten by the better team

Last season there were two divisions between us and Luton but it looked the total reverse this evening as Luton looked comfortable and easy on the ball.  If they keep playing like that all season they will be close to promotion, but then I think were they good or us really bad.  OPR, Sheffield Wednesday, Cardiff and Wolves coming up surley we have to be looking at 10 points from these four games.

Anyway im now off to bed

Despite the threat of being called a pessimist/whinger/binman or worse, I was hoping for a point last night.

Once again, we have completely failed to perform against a team that if we have any pretensions towards promotion, we should be beating with ease.   Once again we put in a 45 minute performance (and that''s based on Kneelo & the EDP report so at least one of those should be correct) and once again we defended poorly.

Can someone please explain to me why Worthington should be allowed to carry on?    What exactly is he bringing to the club?   I thought he was supposed to be something of a defensive expert when it came to coaching - that''s obviously not the case!   He can presumably motivate the team to provide 45 mins of decent play, so why not 90 mins?   Why are the players not committed to the game from kick-off?

I am really beginning to worry that the play-offs may not even be within reach if we continue with this inconsistency.

Thanks for the personal report. 

For those of us glued to the radio it seemed awful but you always wait to hear what those there have said.

To me it was a momentous evening, as something so dire cannot go without a sacking/resignation/mutual consent.

If it is not Worthington''s fault then he should be sacking his staff, but I suspect it needs more than that.

Hi Kneelo

I too witnessed at first hand last night''s ''massacre'', as the Luton fans were gleefully singing, and they were right.

You can take all the opinions you like but we were second best in a game where we were playing a team who a short while back were TWO leagues below us. Obviously they have improved and we have declined. I, and many other loyal and dedicated City supporters could list many reasons why we are in the position we are in this morning, but last night was a late night horror show.

For some reason (and I am not quite sure what) I was incredibly optimistic about last night - I thought we could at least get a draw and play well. Wrong on both counts.

We were shocking, a lot worse than Watford, and as much of a shock to my system as Preston away a few years back.  The Luton goals just kept on coming, and yes, we did let in four.  Luckily, our merry band had a restricted view behind a pillar, something to be grateful for?

What can we take as a positive? Well the effort and play of one Ian Henderson, easily the man of the match.  Jarvis looked sharp when he came on, and Deano took his goal well, but that was it. 

Overall a shocking performance and I just wonder how much longer we stumble from crisis to crisis before action is taken.

[quote]Despite the threat of being called a pessimist/whinger/binman or worse, I was hoping for a point last night. Once again, we have completely failed to perform against a team that if we have any pre...[/quote]

I know - my hopes of yesterday afternoon were dashed too quickly.

OTBC 

Its hard to klnow how to take the second half ''improvement''.  Independent reports suggest Luton took their foot off the gas rather than us stepping up our play - Newell is quoted as stating that his pl;ayers found it hard to motivate themselves even after deanos goal.

Likewise Newell praised us as ''the best team down here so far'' - as did boothroyd after Watford. These comments reinforce the view that the players are good enough, as they impress other managers, yet as a group of fans we know how far underperforming we are

How will this set of players perform to the levels they should is the challenge?

OTBC

[quote]Its hard to klnow how to take the second half ''improvement''. Independent reports suggest Luton took their foot off the gas rather than us stepping up our play - Newell is quoted as stating that his p...[/quote]

There seem to be several managers and other Boards of Directors saying we are the best team they''ve played - after having taken 3 points off us!

Easy to be gracious in victory - much less forthcoming in defeat.

We were poor last night, it is depressing watching (especially with the amount of driving home time we have to contemplate it all) and we paid the price of completely switching off against an in-form side buzzing with confidence (inspite of a defeat at Crewe at the weekend). When are we going to beat any side above us and playing well with a full compliment of players?

i was at the game and thought Henderson was absolutely shocking along with Brennan. Henderson lost the ball too often and just has no physical presence at all. Brennan should jus be sold, simple as. He isn''t in the league of players we need for promotion pushing.

The one thing im realising is that Hucks thrives on his space to run with the ball and just couldnt have that last night and men were on him straight away.

Also thanks to all the players for recognising the effort we put in after the match, but Worthy just kept his head down and looked in dispair, He is losing it big time!!

Finally not too sure the morale would have been boosted with the booing at half time. Haven''t heard anything like that in a long long time. We were an angry mob....... but then again 4 nil down at half time, who wouldnt?!

Chris, do you not think that the reason Brennan looks so bad some of the time is because he''s left so exposed by Huckerbys inability to track back?

Also, I think people should give Henderson a break, yeah he made some mistakes, but at least he was willing to get involved and have a go. Personally I thought he played quite well.

By all means have a go at the manager, but give the players some support. If the fans are on their back everytime they make a mistake then all they''ll do is sit back and shy away from the ball.

the reception at half time and a most likely grilling from worthy certainly fired them up for the second half!

I think its got to the stage where we cant credit players for giving it their all if they aint good enough. I no we have got serious injury problems but we really need better class in the team. Hughesy gives it his all, a very passionate player who runs his nuts off and tackles hard. But i think thats it. So many midfield problems. The simple thing is, we never replaced Francis! Michael Brown is sitting on his ass at spurs, why haven''t we approached him with all the recent business with spurs it''d be worth a pop.

I agree with Hucks not trackin back 100% tho. But still dont rate Brennan one bit.

We need loan signings fast and in Jan to splash out with the 2mill on quality!! But i have doubts as i bet many City fans do about what Worthy wil do. I am still backing him tho. Its east to blame him, but look at the severed squad he has to work with.