Sign in to follow this  
Baywing

Injuries

And no this isnt one of those ''clubs in crisis'' type threads

Just an observation and general query as to others thoughts....

With the injury list mounting albeit most being minor muscle strains is this just bad luck or is something being overlooked in training or pre match warm ups ?

Obviously Olsson and Ruddy going off yesterday but Dorrans, Pritchard, Jacob M all unavailable following on from Russell Martin And Brady unavailable last week ?

Just seems to be an awful lot of it going on so is it bad luck or are we not preparing properly ?

I agree and said the same thing on the match thread yesterday. Cameron even looked like he pulled up midway through the second half too, so I''m starting to feel like it''s a fitness thing. Extremely bad luck if it isn''t.

Brady picked up his injury before coming back to us, so Euro related.

Olsson at the Euro''s didn''t really get much of a summer rest so probably strain from playing there too.

R Martin is also a long term injury that he played through last season but needed the summer to get right, so we can rule that one out too.

Pritchard, possibly not fully fit when signed I assume.

Murphy injured himself in our first game so not training related.

That leaves Ruddy and Dorrans. It''s unusual for a goalie to pull up injured that often but it can happen, and I''m not sure what''s happening with Dorrans. They all sound pretty minor, it''s probably being cautious which, when we''ve got a large playing squad, there''s no need to risk players who aren''t 100% for the sake of it. It''s a long ol'' season.

[quote user="AJ"]Brady picked up his injury before coming back to us, so Euro related.

Olsson at the Euro''s didn''t really get much of a summer rest so probably strain from playing there too.

R Martin is also a long term injury that he played through last season but needed the summer to get right, so we can rule that one out too.

Pritchard, possibly not fully fit when signed I assume.

Murphy injured himself in our first game so not training related.

That leaves Ruddy and Dorrans. It''s unusual for a goalie to pull up injured that often but it can happen, and I''m not sure what''s happening with Dorrans. They all sound pretty minor, it''s probably being cautious which, when we''ve got a large playing squad, there''s no need to risk players who aren''t 100% for the sake of it. It''s a long ol'' season.[/quote]

This literally makes no sense. How can you say that players getting injured during games when it isn''t tackle or fall related isn''t to do with the training fitness regime. You cannot know that.

Training and conditioning''s in crisis.

We are the new Arsenal...injured players, crowd booing, no striker, need a centre half.

Apples