Sign in to follow this  
king canary

Pace

I think if yesterday showed one thing it''s that we have a serious lack of pace in the side. Wednesday were able to hold a reasonably high line and squeeze the space for Naismith and Wes because they didn''t have to worry about anyone getting in behind them with Jerome, Wes and Naismith up there.

They also used their wide midfielders to press high up the pitch and pin back our fullbacks (the only real pace in that starting XI) meaning our attacks from out wide were easy to stop.

Having Jacob Murphy back and a pacy striker would go a long way to making the team less one dimensional.

If only we had a half decent striker who can run behind and finish? Maybe one who scores for his international side regularly but is overlooked for his club in favour of a youngster whose presence on the bench was utterly pointless?

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]If only we had a half decent striker who can run behind and finish? Maybe one who scores for his international side regularly but is overlooked for his club in favour of a youngster whose presence on the bench was utterly pointless?[/quote]

Lafferty is not a good player - look at his goal record at every club he''s ever played for

Josh M is pretty quick! Didn''t really get into the game yesterday though - seemed to be on a different wavelength to the others and too easily knocked off the ball.Perhaps pace on its own is not enough?

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"]If only we had a half decent striker who can run behind and finish? Maybe one who scores for his international side regularly but is overlooked for his club in favour of a youngster whose presence on the bench was utterly pointless?[/quote]

I guess the manager picked the one who played better in warm up matches, & that certainly wasn''t Lafferty.

Paris aint German! ~ [quote]Lafferty is not the answer![/quote]I guess we''ll never know [:|]

Paris aint German! ~ [quote]He''s had enough chances, really poor strike rate. Need to shift the dead wood out[/quote]I wouldn''t say he''s had enough chances as a centre-forward with us, but it''s obvious now he''ll be on his way and a new signing in the form of a striker is imminent.

Laffs is a strange one, watched him play in pre-season and whilst we know he can finish and likes a shot he just didn''t really DO anything to suggest he should be starting ahead of Jerome. The fact AN picked Morris ahead of him last weekend (assuming he is fit) is probably another shot fired. I would imagine we would let him go if we bring in 2 strikers (assuming one perm and N''Doye on loan)

Lafferty was on bowling at Riverside on Sunday with young girl...

Not looking injured so strange why was not even on bench vs Sheff Wed.

Lafferty is considerably slower than Jerome as well so a fairly pointless suggestion.

Look at Lafferty''s history at clubs before us, players described him as the dressing room joker (could be clown) Burnley, Rangers and at Colney, he has managed to p**s off managers and owners wherever it has been, including Palermo. sometimes when you point the finger there are 4 others pointing straight back, Lafferty''s problem is not the amount of game time / chances, he (in my opinion) has a serious character flaw.

Personally I will support any player who is at our club, but seriously guy''s he is not the answer to our goal scoring requirements.

@Lessingham

Think you''ve hit the nail on the head there. This also in someway explains why he''s better at international level then club level as the manager only has to deal with him for 1-2 weeks at a time so his antics are probably more tolerable. Longer term it seems managers grow tried of him pretty quickly.