Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

New striker...

[quote user="Diane"]You''re right its Jérôme Onguéné, cb, someone on twitter has put a good picture on twitter of him and the mystery man picture side by side and he''s the same man , even got the same earrings[/quote]

Pleased his earrings match what''s his bra size

Apparently Charlie Austin might be available on loan, with QPR interested, and Matej Vydra surplus to requirements at Watford. Two strikers who could be good additions and history of scoring at this level.

I''m pretty certain that at least one of Neil''s two strikers will only become fully available right at the climax of the window when Prem clubs have finalised their squads.

Ings and Austin to be signed two minutes to midnight ; )

I''ve been saying Ings from day 1, but as pointed out very unlikely to come here on loan with premiership clubs queuing up to sign him.

Vydra would be a great addition as a plan b, pace and finishing.

Vydra is a great shout, wouldn''t mind him one bit! Still only 24 as well. His goalscoring record isn''t that amazing, about one in every 3 games, but he always seems to play well and would probably suit our pacey attacking footballing style we''ve got going on this season so far.

I thought Vydra was way older than that!Just had a little look at his career stats, and in his two previous seasons in the Championship with Watford he scored 22 in 44 games (of which 14 were substitute appearances), and 16 in 42 games (of which 11 were substitute appearances). Pretty impressive stats. He had a poor season at Reading last season, scoring only 3 goals, but in a quality team that creates lots of chances he''s proven he''s capable of scoring. Austin would be a phenomenal signing at this level, but as others have said it''s unlikely he''d come back to the Championship - like Ings, you''d expect a lower Prem club to take a punt on him.

I''ve got a colleague who''s a Liverpool fan and he said they''d introduced a new policy this year not to loan players to Premiership clubs.

With Ings down the pecking order would be a great addition on loan. Would love Vydra here too

Liverpool don''t loan to prem sides..... but loaned Flanagan to Burnley 😄.

Ings & Austin won''t be joining any championship sides on loan !!!

Vydra is achievable. Had 2 very good seasons in the championship with Watford but only 3 goals in 31 games for Reading last year, but I think they were all pretty rubbish for Reading last year.

[quote user="Andy G"]We can just get Robson-Kanu on a free, then we only need one other Striker![/quote]No chance, Robson Kanu doesn''t fit the criteria I''m afraid. He is available, he won''t cost exactly £8million, he isn''t Scottish and he can''t play in midfield.