Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Bins with wheels

Looking forwards to seeing one of our past heroes on Tuesday - for a while one of the most ridiculed players we have had, but who turned it aound with performances of heart and courage to become a bit of a cult hero, in the process making those who ridiculed him look like cults themselves.  Aaron Wilbraham.   Hope he gets a cameo on Tuesday and gets a good welcome.   

Was hoping to see Korey play as well, but apparently he''s out injured.

Shame. I thought he was brilliant for us, & a lovely lad to boot; he''s highly rated by the Brizzle fans as well.

I was there the game he scored against Leicester away and the whole away end was absolutely buzzing, everybody was so chuffed that he''d got his name on the score sheet. Not exactly a top player, but he did a job for us, and always gave absolutely everything he had to our cause. Hope he gets a decent reception, he earned that imo.

Wilbz is a hero.

I loved how even he seemed somewhat baffled that a team chasing promotion from the Championship wanted to sign him when we unveiled him.

I loved the fact Lambert opted to chuck him on against Man United and he nearly got us a point.

I loved the fact I got to see him score a goal in the Premier League.

Yeah he was a bit shit but his all round attitude and understanding of his own limitations meant he was able to ''do a job'' when needed off the bench. Could have done with him on Saturday tbh.

He gave hope to us all Bor. If Wilbramham can score a goal in the Premier League so can I.

He''s a ''cult hero'' not an actual hero. You''re taking this thread oddly seriously.

Wilbraham was ridiculed from day one yet he stuck with it and always showed up for the team and always played with a great attitude and won people round.

Bor mentioned Snodgrass, well villain he was not, but ''heroic'' is not a word I would associate with him either. Score a few goals, hog the ball and if you can''t score yourself, fall over and then complain bitterly at all around you, is not heroic.

Each to their own, but if Wilbraham comes on as sub tonight and as long as we are winning, I hope he gets a warm reception.

I liked Wilbz and Snoddy. Both are my heroes and I had custom Wilbz + Snoddy 4eva bedsheets made. Despite the fact they never played together.

ALEX NOTMAN SUPER SCOTSMAN!

Michael Rose is responsible for one of my favourite ''wtf'' moment with Norwich fans. In our first Premier League season under Hughton a fan was bemoaning Javier Garrido and asked ''why don''t he play that Rose buh? He was good.'' He seemed to have no idea Rose hadn''t played for us since League One. I can only assume he got confused between him and Tierney as they were both bald and both left backs.