Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Cat and mouse

Kyle lafferty coming on reminded me of my cat ,holdings a mouse and letting it go fit 3-4mins and then trapping it again ,we all know it was to waste time and disrupt the flow ,it must do his confidence wonders .

Wonder what the odds are for him starting at Ipswich !

[quote user="Yellowhammer"]Kyle lafferty coming on reminded me of my cat ,holdings a mouse and letting it go fit 3-4mins and then trapping it again ,we all know it was to waste time and disrupt the flow ,it must do his confidence wonders .

Wonder what the odds are for him starting at Ipswich ![/quote]

Marginally worse than yours

Is it just me or was it utterly bizarre the reception Lafferty got when he came on? He got the sort of welcome Grant Holt would have got and he''s a bonafide legend.

And he got such a good welcome because.. erm... er... wait, what has he ever actually contributed to Norwich City?!

Some of our longer serving and deserving players such as Russell Martin constantly get abuse but a clown like Lafferty gets treated like a god.

Embarrassing stuff.

Fully appreciate that he may have temprement and off the field issues but in fairness we have never given him a decent chance in the No 9 position - for the few games he did start he was used mainly out on the left wing - I''m sure he could be as effective as Jerome (and perhaps stray offside less often!) - could win the ball in the air to feed Wes, Canos and Naismith etc. Should have given him at least 15 mins last night.

Haggerdoo just how many times did Jerome stray offside last night ? please tell us, I recall twice, (I''m sure someone will have the eact stats, or is this just another stick?) Jerome put in a massive shift last night, defending, tracking back, only thing missing was a goal to be honest but with that work rate he deserves better than Lafferty who will run round like a headless chicken and get booked.

Totally agree - I loudly said to my mate who was watching the game that it was an utterly embarrassing reaction to Lafferty coming on.

Especially considering this is a guy who''s just been done for betting irregularities AND has been re-tweeting other clubs'' supporters "come to us" pleas! At least Ricky was professional.

Ian

Especially considering this is a guy who''s just been done for betting irregularities AND has been re-tweeting other clubs'' supporters "come to us" pleas! At least Ricky was professional.

Agree Ian, cant fix stupid though.

[quote user="Lessingham Canary"]Haggerdoo just how many times did Jerome stray offside last night ? please tell us, I recall twice, (I''m sure someone will have the eact stats, or is this just another stick?) Jerome put in a massive shift last night, defending, tracking back, only thing missing was a goal to be honest but with that work rate he deserves better than Lafferty who will run round like a headless chicken and get booked.[/quote]Not questioning Jerome''s work ethic and wasn''t referring to his number of offsides last night in isolation - but he was frequently caught offside last season and against Sheff Weds on Saturday. Just feel that Lafferty could still do a job at No9 if given a chance that''s all I''m saying- after all until we sign another striker we don''t really have an alternative so would make sense to try and give him a little more game time and keep him sharp as possible.