Sign in to follow this  
King Klose

Ip5w1ch's best chance to beat us in decades.

Or what feels like decades.

If they don''t beat us Sunday, they never will.

With half of our team injured and 1 striker, surely this is the time.

Oh well, still the Pride of Anglia even if the worst happens.

They''re due one, aren''t they?
I mean, rightfully it shouldn''t happen. Their midfield is so painfully uninspiring and Jerome is probably a better all round striker than Murphy.
They''ll obviously be organised and difficult to beat but our quality should see us win.
Unfortunately football doesn''t always work like that.

It will be interesting to see how McCarthy sets them up. I was blown away by the lack of ambition in the home, non playoff game. They basically had 4 hard working but limited midfielders, 3 center backs and Mings, leaving all the attacking work to Murphy and Sears off long balls. Bassong ate it up all game.

They''ve actually bought in some decent wingers recently but their central midfield is still uninspiring, their best striker is injured and their best players from two years ago (Berra and Murphy) are both older and out of form.

If this wasn''t a derby I''d be expecting a comfortable win. However as others say they are ''due one'' in some ways...

You could say the law of averages is favouring them, fortunately they are nowhere near as good as Sheff Weds, and have been pretty rank of late, only thing you should be concerned about is them attacking women at the match, told my wife to take her whip next Sunday, so she can protect me and beat someone else for a change.

I can still vividly recall the repulsive wave of humanity (using the term in the broadest possible sense) which surged towards us from the home end when they equalised in the play-off semi.  It was disgusting and is something you''d rarely see in modern football. Walking around the stadium before/after the game (with my colours safely under wraps) I was struck by how unpleasant many of their fans are, in manner and appearance.

Yes, there are exceptions and I accept there are some decent ip5w1ch fans, but by and large, they''re one of the teams with a big proportion of the scum of the earth among their support.

Depressingly with a derby game, the quality of the sides means less than normal and they have a great chance now to get a win.  But they''ll always be the scum, no matter what.

errrrr.... they have beaten us in decades

And more recently they had an chance to beat us in the playoff semi-final..

Even with our current injuries - our team is far far better than theirs, so I have to disagree. If anything, this is a really good opportunity for us to annihilate them on their own turf..

F*ck the law of averages.

The law of probability states the better team is more likely to win.

That will be us.

Stop pissing your pants, you fannies.

I thought this sounded a bit nuts "decades" meaning more than 1 decade . So i looked up results in last 2 decades ipswich have won this tie 6 times.

So maybe you meant best chance for ipswich to win in 6 years (4 of which the clubs have been in different leagues)

Can''t see it myself.  Bennet and Klose look as solid a pair at the back as we''ve had for some time and with Pinto and Brady on the flanks and Canos added to the mix, we should have too much for them.

On paper we should give them a bit of a kicking. Just hate those games where you hit the crossbar 3 times, the post 5, and then the opposition get a deflected one off the Dean Coney - it''ll happen at some point this season I''m sure but as long as it''s not against them then I don''t mind!. 4-0 City, Canos to lap up the derby atmosphere and get 2 👍

[quote user="Alex "]On paper we should give them a bit of a kicking. Just hate those games where you hit the crossbar 3 times, the post 5, and then the opposition get a deflected one off the Dean Coney - it''ll happen at some point this season I''m sure but as long as it''s not against them then I don''t mind!. 4-0 City, Canos to lap up the derby atmosphere and get 2 👍[/quote]

Well you got it spot on last time we played them Alex !

I can''t make it this time but will be watching on TV.  Here''s hoping your prediction is spot on again!

[quote user="Bob"]

[quote user="Alex "]On paper we should give them a bit of a kicking. Just hate those games where you hit the crossbar 3 times, the post 5, and then the opposition get a deflected one off the Dean Coney - it''ll happen at some point this season I''m sure but as long as it''s not against them then I don''t mind!. 4-0 City, Canos to lap up the derby atmosphere and get 2 👍[/quote]

Well you got it spot on last time we played them Alex !

I can''t make it this time but will be watching on TV.  Here''s hoping your prediction is spot on again!

[/quote]

You have a good memory Bob, I remember that now buddy, I think the way we play will certainly see us score 4 odd goals in a few matches this coming season (with or without a new striker 😉 - though we''ll get one I have no doubt!). And that''s my feeling this Sunday - Canos to terrorise Portman Rd mate! 👍