Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Any new gossip/sightings today?

I couldn''t go to the game this evening, so was wondering whether there was any new/decent links up for discussion - we must surely be closing in on a new striker or two by now?

Nowt happening. Prepare for another hectic and panicky day on 31 Aug with a disappointing outcome. 
Tough to be fair I am glad that we didn''t sign McCormack. Sometimes our failures in the transfer market are actually our successes.

Daryl Murphy was never going to be allowed to come here before derby day.

Fee was not the main issue, and looks less likely that fee will be any issue at all as Ed uses his contacts in the foreign office and embassy in Brazil to help to force the Evan''s hand.

The Gut "Daryl Murphy was never going to be allowed to come here before derby day.

Fee was not the main issue, and looks less likely that fee will be any issue at all as Ed uses his contacts in the foreign office and embassy in Brazil to help to force the Evan''s hand."

That would be nephew Tom then, but somehow meet need Interpol before going to foreign office.

Got to be something in it Lessingham, the Tom connection adds weight to an already feasible transfer coup.

Must just be a question on when and how much.

On a Free Saturday morning could be stretching it a bit.

"We now go live to our special correspondent Bernie who is outside morrisons. Bernie, can you hear us?"

"HUWW HINT'' GUNNA BELIEVE HUW I JUSS SAW GETTUN A BOTTLEA COOOKA COOOLA!!?"

There''s not so much pressure on the board to sign a striker now. All those who booed through frustration on Saturday clapped and cheered like nutty on crack last night....

The board have never felt less pressure to buy a striker, rumour has it.

I''m not sure it''s true but Marcus has been in for Benteke and phoned up the board to see if we want him on a permanent loan, he''s desperate for Tom and Ed''s help. As back up he''s even tried negotiating with Delia to bake him a special cake if all goes wrong.

We still need a striker (or two). However I feel it would be relatively churlish to come on here posting about that rather than enjoying a great win and three points from last night.