Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Just wondering

[quote user="FenwayFrank"]How did the double pivot midfield work last night ?[/quote]Brilliantly. Having watched the video of our game against Wednesday, Kodija and Abraham simply threw in the towel and there was no need for AN to deploy the double pivot beyond the first few minutes. [;)]

Wasn''t really a double pivot last night.

Howson played higher up the pitch while Tettey spent most of his time deeper.

On Saturday Norwich played a more traditional double pivot with both Howson and Tettey starting from deeper positions. However, as neither could really carry the ball forward and break the lines it didn''t work out so well.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Wasn''t really a double pivot last night.

Howson played higher up the pitch while Tettey spent most of his time deeper.

On Saturday Norwich played a more traditional double pivot with both Howson and Tettey starting from deeper positions. However, as neither could really carry the ball forward and break the lines it didn''t work out so well.[/quote]You have to understand though Bethnal that its failure on Saturday was entirely due to AN failing to select Mulumbu instead of Howson - at least that was what was drummed into us on another thread. [:)]

There was a moment in this game that we busted out the double Christmas tree pivot and I just rose to my feet. Marvellous.

[quote user="Buh"]There was a moment in this game that we busted out the double Christmas tree pivot and I just rose to my feet. Marvellous.[/quote]I think you mistook that for the Easter Bunny Double Reverse pivot that is normally only seen in the Thai League Div 2.  Who says AN is not a top strategist![;)]

Its good to see that the double pivot is also being used when the big screen revolves and rotates...