Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Future looks bright.

Just to carry on from the Canos thread, if we can pick up Jérôme Onguéné, with Canos, Murphy boys, Maddison, Pritchard to name a few, we have some very talented youngsters, hopefully we can develop them into the stars they could be.

But what a bright future we could have in the next couple years, solid at the back, fantastic potential in midfield, just need that big forward and jobs a good un!

It certainly does Indy, and that was the reason I was particular infuriated with the minority that booed the other night.

I agree. However I have felt that way for some time in fact. While I think we have a good squad subject to strengthening in a couple of areas the two aspects we still need to make sure we get right are, in my view (i) the manager''s tendency to tinker with line ups and formations and (ii) as much investment as possible in the coaching and support team for the manager- Alan Irvine is in my opinion an excellent addition but we need to make sure that we do the very best we can and the cost, compared to another risky "marquee" signing is minimal. I don''t think we are far away, but will that be enough to elevate us from being the 21st best team in the Prem??!!

Unfortunately our record of bringing youngsters through to first team regulars has been very poor since those halcyon days of the Walker era. Hopefully this time it will be different.

[quote user="Crafty Canary"]Unfortunately our record of bringing youngsters through to first team regulars has been very poor since those halcyon days of the Walker era. Hopefully this time it will be different.[/quote]
Well the murphy''s and canos are already playing in the first team...
Anyway of course the futures bright with that massive screen shining on us in the barclay!

Is the future bright or are we in crisis I''ve lost track.

I''m going to guess at the current Franciscan friar "vow of silence" style of the message board currently that the future is bright.

I''d like to take this time to thank the nappy crappers and wish them well this week as they are reading this message and shaking their fists at me like that old man that didn''t like Dennis the menace.

Hope you come back real soon, maybe someone will incorrectly sharpen a pencil at Carrow road and you can declare we are a national laughing stock

We do so value your input

I really do wish the pant-wetters/nappy-crappers (cf. the only, real, true supporters/fans) would come up with a scale to measure their misery levels so we could follow their roller-coaster of emotions.

Here''s a suggested starting framework for the scale:

Nirvana - Ultra miserable.

Everything''s great - Ultra miserable.

Everything''s OK - Ultra miserable.

Everything''s terrible - Ultra miserable.

Apocalypse - Ultra miserable.

Apples

Since the assumption is that anyone who criticises anything at the club is a p-w or a n-c then I have a proposed supplement framework scale to go alongside. The purpose would be to extralopate areas of concern based on the subject being discussed:

comment re manager''s tactics- worried about everything/all is bad

comment re manager''s substitutions- worried about everything/all is bad

comment re manager''s signings- worried about everything/all is bad

comment re feeding in of youth players- worried about everything/all is bad

CJ missed a sitter- worried about everything/all is bad

comment re hotel occupying one of the corners- worried about everything/all is bad

comment re lack of stadium expansion- worried about everything/all is bad

sausage rolls running out at 2.30- worried about everything/all is bad

Like your excellent scale, anyone can add matters of concern and just extrapolate accordingly. Easy peasy.