Sign in to follow this  
still holding out for new heroes

New Manager Suggestions?

I assume you''re talking about the same Brian Kerr that is currently making a mess of the Ireland team? Why do you want him? I can''t see any redeeming feature about trying to bring him in.

If you''re thinking of replacements, realistically you''d have to delve into the lower leagues for a bright young manager - Steve Tilson at Southend, perhaps?

Having said that, this is a pointless conversation - you know that, barring a relegation fight, Worthy will still be here at the end of the season.

Personally, I''d go for Jim Smith - he has always done ok as a manager in his own right, and is currently available. He''s not the youngest but he''s not that old either and has a wealth of experience.

[quote]Mike Newell, Martin Allen, Ian Holloway or wait a few more weeks and get David Moyes as soon as he departs from Everton.[/quote]

Why would Newell, Moyes or Holloway come to Norwich? 

Good point Dicky, i cant see anyone in a decent job wanting to come here as we have high expectations as a group of supporters and not the squad to fulfill them. Its more likely to be somebody out of work and desperate!!

[quote]Why would Newell, Moyes or Holloway come to Norwich?[/quote]

Come on guys, how low an opinion do you have of your club? Do you seriously think the Norwich job is not a bigger one than the Luton and QPR ones? If we can''t at least interest managers from those clubs (no disrespect to them) then we may as well all go home.

Having said that, i don''t think either candidates at those clubs at present have proved more than worthy...

[quote]Why would Newell, Moyes or Holloway come to Norwich?[/quote]

Because they will know that no matter how the team performs they wont be under pressure or sacked as fans keep the faith 

OTBC

What club management experience has Brian Kerr got? dont think i would have him.

I would say that if we appointed Mike Newell it would be a step up for him even if Luton are higher than us in the table currently.

Martin Allen would bring in a fresh approach into the club and he has done a great job at Brentford. Obviously he would listen to any offer he received from us.

Finally I see Steve Bruce has received the vote of confidence from David Gold today. He could certainly do a good job for us but would he stick around?

At the end of the day though I fear our board do not have the balls to dispose of our current management no matter how many inept performances we have to endure.

This is all so tedious and predictable. I say let''s cut the messing around and if we''re really ambitious go for Morinho. He''s a proven manager. Delia - dig deep and get him here quick!

OK, so you''ve sacked Worthy. Look around the manager market for someone:

- proven to be able to get promotion
- knows the club and players
- can work within and with the board
- won''t cost astonomical wages
- is available.

You''d probably re-employ Worthy.

or if you add:

- proven to take a team up and keep them there
- doesn''t lose games or get players injured
- etc.

You''d probably find nobody.

Please, only managers who haven''t failed previously.

(show me a manager who hasn''t failed previously and I''ll show you a manager who hasn''t won anything either).

Peter Taylor - involved in the national set up, has worked with several of the City players, and Hull not doing brilliantly. His record is generally very good and he is young enough and intelligent enough to want to progress to a higher level. That might be the only sticking point - he may want a Premiership club.