Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

Maddison

I know it''s a long old season, but after his pre season outings I thought we''d at least see him on the bench. After relegation was confirmed it seemed this season would be as good a time as any to give him and the younger ones a go, but with signing Pritchard is it likely he might not even get to figure for us in the championship? With Naismith, Hooly and Pritchard infront of him unless we fail to go straight back up will he be another one who spends most of his contract out on loan? Strange that bigger teams in the Prem were sniffing around and he can''t even get in our match day squad a level below..

AN said he wouldn''t be going out on loan this season and is very much in his first team plans.

The fact he also missed the U23 game on Monday suggests to me he might be injured or ill. I''m sure he''ll get a run out in the cup, if he is fit.

I thought Naismith was the one player who was poor last night, kept over playing it and losing the ball far too much.

I''m sure Maddison and Pritchard will be our future, both need game time, with another 43 league games to go, they will surely get their chance and it''ll be up to them to take it when it comes along.

As above, AN said he''s very much going to get game-time this season, and I''m sure he would have been on the bench if available. As Bethnal said he also missed Monday''s dev squad game so either injured or unwell is the most likely guess.

He''s so gifted it would be daft not to include him in the first team plans this season! I''m really looking forward to seeing more of Maddison, Pritchard & Canos - they''re all really exciting players.

I didn''t see much about Naismith, thought Wes and Jerome were superb in energy & physical presence, although Naismith won a few headers I thought he was very poor on the ball, gave it away easy and tried the complicated when the easy option was on.

The transfer window is still open for a while. A few good games this month might see Naismith off for example. He might get his chance sooner than first thought