Sign in to follow this  
johncolt

Reasons for booing

I am a season ticket holder who didn''t boo on Saturday, I just didn''t applaud either, perhaps a more balanced approach - silence. But you can''t do this alone. I am taking this to the point of not using our three tickets tonignt

I guess the booer''s were just disappointed with the game and result. Realistic or otherwise, the media built up expectations which the team didn''t produce. Plus the continued non-appearance of a striker, which the team aren''t responsible for.

So you are protesting against what or who exactly,the board or the management as you say it is not the players by staying away tonight ?

Staying away from the game tonight as some sort of protest could really backfire if you miss a really good game. I just don''t get it.

Why is there such panic? We still have two weeks to find a striker. A lot of fans are behaving as though we''re in absolute meltdown, when in fact we''re just short of strikers. The way some are carrying on you''d think we''re in financial ruin with madcap owners and struggling in the league. Crazy.

Booing is just moronic. I don''t care who that offends by that statement because it is true.

There is no need to boo unless there is a definite lack of effort, of which there was none.

Brainless and pathetic. Acting like little children.

Totally agree Han Solo. Not sure what''s going on with people at the moment - we took 4 pts out of 6 for goodness'' sake, and the transfer window hasn''t even closed yet?!

Madness

As a member of our very large season ticket waiting list having had to give up my season ticket a few years back, I''d urge you to think really carefully before leaving seats unused through choice, knowing the amount of people who are disappointed not to be going to the game.

I get where you are coming from liquidator but even given your current circumstances with regard to being on the waiting list and your annoyance at season ticket holders not attending through their own choice there were plenty of empty seats in home areas Saturday and there certainly will be tonight and the Wigan game to come so it is not as though you are prevented from getting tickets due to sell outs.

I''m astonished and rather embarrassed that people are already boycotting games - we''ve played twice, ffs, one win and a draw - that being against one of the top sides who reached the play off final. People really do need to get real. I''m a s/t holder and can''t go tonight - I believe my ticket is being used by friends but if not I would hate to think my seat was empty through some sort of idiotic protest.

I understand that til and it won''t be a sellout, plus I''ve got tickets tonight and get them whenever I can and sometimes get to borrow tickets, I''m not playing hard done by as such, just very frustrating for those who would like a Season ticket. If I had one I''d be there every game and if not I''d get them filled.

It''s OP''s choice of course, just frustrating.

It seems the recent 4 seasons in the PL have left us with seasonticket holders who don''t really want them this season. Failure to win promotion this season and the waiting list could be a thing of the past. ....

Are there really people boycotting? I thought the booing was embarrassing enough, the sense of entitlement is ludicrous.

All this due to a 0-0 against one of the best teams in the league. You would have thought we''d got thumped 4-0 by Burton by some of the overreactions on here.

If the disgruntled people boo, why then don''t those who don''t boo, clap louder? At the full-time whistle, the members of the NCFC board, their wives, their spouses their partners their children and their chums, certainly did clap louder on Saturday.......I was there man......I witnessed it with my own eyes and ears........Whilst I stood there and did nothing......

Now don''t shoot the messenger but I was told yesterday that the good people who do nothing are the worst fans imaginable and perpetrators of evil. I did nothing too...

People need to get a grip on the situation.

We''ve played 2, we have won the first and drawn the second against a team that will probably be up there challenging towards the end of the season, certainly not down I a relegation dog fight.

I sometimes wonder if people are deluded enough to believe that we will turn up to every match and beat everyone comfortably week in/week out or whether the result against Blackburn gave everyone a false interpretation of what to expect this season.

There are 2 teams on the pitch both trying to win the game, yes we didn''t play that well but that''s football.

And no mini t a happy clapper as it frustrated me as much as others, however, booing already!?

I''m intrigued Nutty, what do you ''get'' about me?

Do I need to lie down on the couch and tell you all about my childhood?

I think i''ll booooo when they come out of the tunnel tonight. Let the players know my expectations before they start. That should get ''em going [:d]

BBC saying that it`s acceptable for Brazilian crowds to boo athletes from other countries as its "cultural" but did not mention Carrow Road or booing you own side, awaiting confirmation on this from them.

I''m not sure ''sofa'' sounds right when discussing psychiatry- might be wrong though.

Nothing to scary about it though- I had a very normal childhood. Was raised in Suffolk though....

[quote user="king canary"]I had a very normal childhood. Was raised in Suffolk though....[/quote]SYSTEM ERROR: DOES NOT COMPUTE[;)]

I didn''t say I was leaving our seats empty. I have given them back to the club for re-sale, perhaps to someone who can''t always get them - it''s called ''freedom of choice''.

Perhaps you''re on to something Kingo. Maybe the old trick cyclist will get to the bottom of all the anger that seems to acompany the booing and boycotting....

Well, this is their last chance. If they don''t win tonight that will be two whole games without winning. I don''t pay my money to watch someone else win or even draw. I expect us to beat Bristol by three clear goals and failure to do so will result in this Moxey chap getting a strongly worded email.

I will also not attend another game until Sunday. I might even stamp my foot for dramatic effect depending on. Who is around.

I will also use key phrases like "not learning from past mistakes", "papering over the cracks", "couldn''t beat the first man", "only interested in the balance sheet" and "hamstrung by the boards lack of ambition".

If more people did this they might get the message and let us that know better run the club.

[quote user="johncolt"]I am a season ticket holder who didn''t boo on Saturday, I just didn''t applaud either, perhaps a more balanced approach - silence. But you can''t do this alone. I am taking this to the point of not using our three tickets tonignt

I guess the booer''s were just disappointed with the game and result. Realistic or otherwise, the media built up expectations which the team didn''t produce. Plus the continued non-appearance of a striker, which the team aren''t responsible for.[/quote]

Hi John,

While I appreciate you are entitled to do what you feel is right, and it sounds like you are ''protesting'' in a sensible manner, I''m not entirely sure what you are protesting...

You say that the media built up expectations that the team didn''t produce... Maybe you should be boycotting the media then. Are you really protesting about one poor performance by not going to the following game? Especially seeing as though the game before we won 4-1 away from home to win on the opening day of the season for the first time in 14 years.

As for the lack of a striker coming in, the transfer window is still open, and I''m sure everyone is busting a gut to try and get a couple of goalscorers into the club. If we still haven''t managed that at the end of the window then it might make more sense to show your anger through protest, but after 4 points from 6 six games, it seems daft. We''re all getting frustrated by the lack of a striker coming in, but surely refusing to go to a game during the transfer window is jumping the gun?

Also, while it''s a decent thing to do to give your tickets back to the club for resale to other fans, this just means that the seats are likely to be filled and the only person that is aware of your protest will be one person in the ticket office...

I truly respect your freedom of choice and your right to your own opinion, I''m just baffled by your reasoning...

Club getting organised tonight with our new waste of money IPad Screen telling supporters when to Boo

Boo Boo Boo